Water study seeks funds

Water study seeks funds

There are 10 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Dec 3, 2009, titled Water study seeks funds. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Rio Hondo, near Ruidoso, is one of the many water lifelines generated by the watersheds included in the Sacramento Mountains Hydrogeology Study.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

Ellen Wedum

Ruidoso, NM

#1 Dec 4, 2009
I'm not so sure Dub Williams was the chief mover behind the study and the funding. The legislature's real water expert was former rep Joe Stell, HD 54 (incumbent is now Gray).
Ellen Wedum

Ruidoso, NM

#2 Dec 4, 2009
Wow, just checked my total precipitation for the year to date, it is 24.72 inches here outside Cloudcroft. Yep, the Sacramento mountains do serve this whole area!

If you are interested in helping to keep track of precipitation in New Mexico, please consider joining the cocorahs network (Community Collaborative Rain AND Hail Snow). Go to http://www.cocorahs.org to sign up.

“Navy veteran. ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 4, 2009
WOW!! someone actually used the term natural cycles. A natural 76 year drought 500 years ago!! A billion more trees then that time!! Was that something that was even observed back then?
Freddie

United States

#4 Dec 4, 2009
Flying over Arizona, New Mexico & Texas to see the beautiful Rio Grande will answer your questions and I can't for the life of me understand why money speaks so well. The Rio Grande is bottle-necked in Scottsdale to enable a marina there. I saw bottle-necked practices from Arizona to New Mexico in many places. Any wonder why there is a lack of water? Well go ahead, let people poo all over you and keep your mouths shut and no make waves.

“Navy veteran. ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 5, 2009
I was not aware the Rio Grande flowed in AZ.
LCV

AOL

#6 Dec 5, 2009
Freddie wrote:
Flying over Arizona, New Mexico & Texas to see the beautiful Rio Grande will answer your questions and I can't for the life of me understand why money speaks so well. The Rio Grande is bottle-necked in Scottsdale to enable a marina there. I saw bottle-necked practices from Arizona to New Mexico in many places. Any wonder why there is a lack of water? Well go ahead, let people poo all over you and keep your mouths shut and no make waves.
Isn't that the Colorado River in Arizona? Rio Grande flows from S. Rockies in S. Colorado through New Mexico and Texas then into Mexico.
numbnut

United States

#7 Dec 5, 2009
Freddie wrote:
good grief look at a map numbnuts.
numbnut

United States

#8 Dec 5, 2009
I can use that as my name but it wont allow it in the post...okay I will spell it a different way; Numm-nutts.
Cactus Flower

Alamogordo, NM

#9 Dec 5, 2009
The Rio Grande river does not flow through Scottsdale. The Colorado river flows into Lake Mead (Hoover Dam) and then into California.
There is an aquaduct in Scottsdale; maybe to you that looks like a river from the air.
Rick Baish

El Paso, TX

#10 Dec 15, 2009
Joe Stell was, indeed, the water expert in the legislature, and he was most helpful in giving us the chance to make our case for funding for the hydrology study. In mentioning Dub williams, I didn't mean to slight Representative Stell or, indeed, any of the other legislators who have been so supportive of the hydrogeology study. There are a great many people who contributed along the way, and to all of them I say "Thanks."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pecos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Big names throw cash at NM gubernatorial election Oct 10 Observation 1
Mikki Yard Barrows & Thomas J. Shepos Oct 5 Riley Jones 2
News Juveniles charged in hazing at Robertson High (Oct '08) Oct 4 Henry 243
News Five Star Burgers in Santa Fe has closed Oct 2 Quit 4
May Move To Las Vegas NM (Apr '14) Sep 26 Cindy 7
Scott dozier Sep 26 Angie 1
News Police on lookout for 'healer' in scam probe (Jul '09) Sep 25 Sharon 88

Pecos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance