NM's Monastery Lake closed for filming

NM's Monastery Lake closed for filming

There are 6 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Mar 17, 2010, titled NM's Monastery Lake closed for filming. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Movie filming has closed Monastery Lake near Pecos this week. The lake is closed Wednesday through Friday for the filming of the movie "True Grit." The state Department of Game and Fish says the popular trout-fishing lake will reopen Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

ChileGirl

Ardmore, OK

#1 Mar 17, 2010
I see HOLLYWOOD is making another useless copy of a classic. Seems like 95% of imagination and originality have left Hollywood and gone elsewhere. Remaking "True Grit" will be as successful as the remake of "The Legend of the Lone Ranger", a major fiasco.
Film fan

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 20, 2010
Can't be any worse than the original. Wonder what actor has been hired walk through the set reading the inane script this time? Maybe a CGI John Wayne?
John J Rambo

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Jun 20, 2010
i played a hero in several movies. they offered me the role in "true grit" but i turned them down. my name says it all, Rambo!!!!!!!!!!
Colonel Trautman

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jun 21, 2010
John J Rambo wrote:
i played a hero in several movies. they offered me the role in "true grit" but i turned them down. my name says it all, Rambo!!!!!!!!!!
Yea your a real hero, talkin' smack, poundin' your pud. I the real world there is no way you could stand up and look any man in the eye.
LITTLE RAMBO

Lovington, NM

#5 Jun 21, 2010
Colonel Trautman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea your a real hero, talkin' smack, poundin' your pud. I the real world there is no way you could stand up and look any man in the eye.
MANY are the ones that have looked you in your;e A88s . RAMBO HAS RAMMED YOU WHITE TRASH
michelew1l

Hobbs, NM

#6 Jun 21, 2010
With more film schools, who in the hell will be able to work in this field anyhow?

So many remakes or off of this film...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pecos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rape kit backlog may be growing, state auditor ... 10 hr The truth 1
News New Mexico Legislature sues governor in escalat... 14 hr The truth 6
News Lawyer sues 100 ABQ businesses claiming advocac... Apr 19 coyote505 8
Review: Adobe Family Practice - Robert Walantas MD (Jul '11) Apr 12 Really 80
News New Mexico governor warns of furloughs, fiscal ... Apr 6 Yeah 17
News NMPED: Former licensure chief, Mora superintend... (Aug '16) Apr 5 Samuel 8
God now approves of Homosexuality! (Dec '13) Apr 2 xxx 7

Pecos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pecos Mortgages