Police say cockfight pit raided in Rowe

Police say cockfight pit raided in Rowe

There are 26 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Jul 6, 2009, titled Police say cockfight pit raided in Rowe. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

A San Miguel County man faces a felony charge that he sponsored cockfights for money on his property in Rowe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ret-Cop

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2009
It is a chicken. When it's over, it's Sunday dinner.
Bill in Santi Flush

Ramah, NM

#2 Jul 7, 2009
Sick'um you dumb a**'s, get them chicken fighters and leave the Burp drunks on the road. Way to go dumb clucks!
Sam

Los Alamos, NM

#3 Jul 7, 2009
Ret-Cop wrote:
No it's not Sunday dinner it thrown out like so much trash. Like s many here in NM, it would seem that for you, animals are totally expendable/disposable and that cruelty is fine.
Sam

Los Alamos, NM

#4 Jul 7, 2009
Sadly the state Animal cruelty people do not follow up or actually prosecute after spending thousands of tax payers dollars. Spank 'em on the hand and send them back home. The track record speaks volumes. Heather doesn't care as long as she gets her pics in the paper and she gets the credit...
different laws

United States

#5 Jul 7, 2009
the intersection at state road 14, across the allsups, traveled by all police agencies, is the selling place for selling cocks, do u think the cops stop them NO< NO< NO< whata joke. so if the cops get a tip they act, however, if their late to work or jail and see the seller in plain site 8 hrs a day,no., way, mexican illegas, legals, just set up shop at all highway rite-aways and nada.

“Jimmy Tha Most”

Since: Sep 08

Sangre De Cristos

#6 Jul 7, 2009
What?? I thought cock fighting was made illegal in NM! How can this be going on???
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#7 Jul 7, 2009
They bust the chicken fighters but leave the Heroin traffickers and drunks in Rowe alone. Hmmm.

PC Chavez

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

#8 Jul 7, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
They bust the chicken fighters but leave the Heroin traffickers and drunks in Rowe alone. Hmmm.
What? Just how big is Rowe? What is the population? Big enough for chicken fighters and herioin traffickers? They have to sell their heroin to somebody. Either Rowe is nothing but a bunch of junkies or it must be a metropolis.
MariA

AOL

#9 Jul 7, 2009
I cannot believe people are not angery with these dreadful people! It's a CRIME! We are supposed to be civilized!
Cynic

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jul 7, 2009
MariA wrote:
I cannot believe people are not angery with these dreadful people! It's a CRIME! We are supposed to be civilized!
It's hard to break with 400+ years of tradition, it's only been a illegal for a few years.

Doesn't make it any less twisted, but that's the reality of it.

Now, someone reply to this in a hateful manner, chastising me for supporting cockfighting.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#11 Jul 7, 2009
PC Chavez wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Just how big is Rowe? What is the population? Big enough for chicken fighters and herioin traffickers? They have to sell their heroin to somebody. Either Rowe is nothing but a bunch of junkies or it must be a metropolis.
Well, it is certainly no Metropolis so your first assertion is pretty close.

Let me be fair... Last I was out there was maybe 4 years ago when I helped a buddy move out. He lived across from the Winery and buddy, it was bad. NMSP were conducting raids but I don't think it scratched the surface.
New Mexico Photographer

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jul 7, 2009
Cockfighting is much older than 400 years. It originated in China eons ago. It's been around as long as domesticated birds and is one of our oldest "sports". It's still popular throughout Asia and is practically the national sport in the Philippines. It was outlawed in other states mostly because of the crime culture surrounding the event: gambling, drinking, drugs, prostitution... It's been only in this generation that a concern for the birds has been an issue in its being banned. That said, yes, it's a gruesome blood sport with little place in the US.
Chris

Los Alamos, NM

#13 Jul 7, 2009
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to break with 400+ years of tradition, it's only been a illegal for a few years.
Doesn't make it any less twisted, but that's the reality of it.
Now, someone reply to this in a hateful manner, chastising me for supporting cockfighting.
Cock fighting isnt about hatred its about money and fun. There are more hate filled dou che bags on this site hating on people for their beliefs than there are in 100 cock fighting rings. Sure no animals die when some lady is telling me im a troll... but if you are against cockfighting you shouldnt step on ants or even eat meat for that matter.
NM native

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Jul 7, 2009
I am sure the majority of people feel that these resources can be used better else where. Maybe DUI checkpoints? Who would have thought that roosters would be prioritized over human well being. Small towns everywhere need help. What do you volunteer to do?
God

Santa Fe, NM

#15 Jul 7, 2009
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
**** fighting isnt about hatred its about money and fun. There are more hate filled dou che bags on this site hating on people for their beliefs than there are in 100 **** fighting rings. Sure no animals die when some lady is telling me im a troll... but if you are against cockfighting you shouldnt step on ants or even eat meat for that matter.
I hope you don't work at the lab. Not much brain power on display here.
Curious

San Diego, CA

#16 Jul 7, 2009
So the last big looser at the fights rats this group out.Awsome detective work there
drunkdrvrsbite

Las Vegas, NM

#17 Jul 7, 2009
I love chickens, especially with BBQ sauce
awesome

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Jul 7, 2009
Curious wrote:
So the last big looser at the fights rats this group out.Awsome detective work there
spelling. Loser.

PC Chavez

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

#19 Jul 7, 2009
Ret-Cop wrote:
Not with fighten chickens. You can't even cut through the gravey.
easydoesit

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jul 7, 2009
Trash - throw these people in the trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pecos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Big names throw cash at NM gubernatorial election Oct 10 Observation 1
Mikki Yard Barrows & Thomas J. Shepos Oct 5 Riley Jones 2
News Juveniles charged in hazing at Robertson High (Oct '08) Oct 4 Henry 243
News Five Star Burgers in Santa Fe has closed Oct 2 Quit 4
May Move To Las Vegas NM (Apr '14) Sep 26 Cindy 7
Scott dozier Sep 26 Angie 1
News Police on lookout for 'healer' in scam probe (Jul '09) Sep 25 Sharon 88

Pecos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance