Morrison's Drive-Inn Chili recipe
PieceMaker

Denver, CO

#193 Jan 28, 2014
seekerofthetruth wrote:
"Coney Sauce" is not "Hot Dog Chili". They aren't the same. Coney is a Northern style and Chili is a Southern style. Travel much?
Logan county has a different Chili than everyone anywhere else. I Like the onions uncooked and Monterrey Jack Cheese.
Missy

Prestonsburg, KY

#194 Jan 28, 2014
I like the chili at a Dairy Delight.
Simple Recipe

Charleston, WV

#195 Jan 28, 2014
3lbs. of ground round, have your water boiling hot cook until meat separates, drain all water off except maybe a cup ful, and add that cup of water, add one cup of ketchup,half a cup of yellow mustard,, add 4 heaping Tbl spoons of Mcormicks chilii powder, and add 1 Tbl. spoon of garlic salt, add salt and black pepper to your taste, and let simmer 45 minutes on low heat, and about 10 minutes before you turn it off put you two big onions in it, this is good ole fashion church hotdog chili you can use a mash potato masher too make it a finer chili sauce
Concerd Citizen

Elkview, WV

#196 Jan 29, 2014
I have no idea why people would act like this over Chilli. Morrisons is a family owned buisness. Owned by a loving family. If you like there food eat there. If you donot. And I am sure if your family had their own reciepe you would not want to share it.
Chill Out

Charleston, WV

#197 Jan 29, 2014
Concerd Citizen wrote:
I have no idea why people would act like this over Chilli. Morrisons is a family owned buisness. Owned by a loving family. If you like there food eat there. If you donot. And I am sure if your family had their own reciepe you would not want to share it.
And, I have no idea why this discussion bothers you. You need to go back to school and learn proper spelling and punctuation, etc. I needed to share that with everyone because I have a very big family. LMAO
Brittany Avis

Charleston, WV

#198 Jan 29, 2014
It tastes like dog food.
cookerwoman

Milford, OH

#199 Feb 27, 2014
20 lbs hamburger (best if 80% lean)
4 Diced Tomatoes
12 diced onions
4 qts tomato paste
1/4 cup chili powder
1/8 cup paprika
10 tablespoons salt
6 Tablespoons. pepper
1 Tablespoon Molasses
3 Cups Water

Brown hamburger, onions, and diced tomatoes in large pan. After these ingredients are browned add all other ingredients. Bring to boil and cook for 20 minutes. Cover and let simmer for 4 hours.
Hiihihihi

Logan, WV

#200 Mar 2, 2014
It's real easy go to Kroger and by hot dog sauce
receipe_woman

Milford, OH

#201 Mar 6, 2014
if you just need a little bit just fry up 1 pound of ground ham burger, 1/2 onio, 1 tomato, fried and cooked then add 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup of water, 1 teaspoon peper, 1/4' teaspoon salt for the best chili you can get that takes 20 minutes to make. the ketchup makes the chili really good. you go to really make sure the hamburger is ground up fine.
Grannys Azz

Charleston, WV

#202 Mar 7, 2014
receipe_woman wrote:
if you just need a little bit just fry up 1 pound of ground ham burger, 1/2 onio, 1 tomato, fried and cooked then add 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup of water, 1 teaspoon peper, 1/4' teaspoon salt for the best chili you can get that takes 20 minutes to make. the ketchup makes the chili really good. you go to really make sure the hamburger is ground up fine.
now you gotta have some chili powder in there somewhere
granny

Milford, OH

#203 Mar 13, 2014
2 lbs hamburger
1 can tomato paste
1/2 diced onions
1 tbsp chili powder
1/8 cup paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon peper
1/4 cup butter
1 Tablespoon Molasses
3 Cups Water

brown the hamber in skillet with butter; DO NOT drain off drippings; mix in onio and simmer for 1/2 hour; mix in other ingredients and bring to boil; cook with lid off for about 15 minutes to thicken mixture; use a potato masher to mix up and break up the hamburger.

This chili is great on spaghetti, hot dogs, and in a bowl with crackers. this is the best chili in west virginia and is loved by everyone who eats it . this recipe is famous in martha's cookbook and its popular all over.
Innocent Person

Charleston, WV

#204 Mar 14, 2014
I like the weiner that is it
blade

Gilbert, WV

#205 Mar 15, 2014
granny wrote:
2 lbs hamburger
1 can tomato paste
1/2 diced onions
1 tbsp chili powder
1/8 cup paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon peper
1/4 cup butter
1 Tablespoon Molasses
3 Cups Water
brown the hamber in skillet with butter; DO NOT drain off drippings; mix in onio and simmer for 1/2 hour; mix in other ingredients and bring to boil; cook with lid off for about 15 minutes to thicken mixture; use a potato masher to mix up and break up the hamburger.
This chili is great on spaghetti, hot dogs, and in a bowl with crackers. this is the best chili in west virginia and is loved by everyone who eats it . this recipe is famous in martha's cookbook and its popular all over.
Just reading this makes me hungery.humm
big_granny

Milford, OH

#206 Mar 16, 2014
2 lbs hamburger
1 can tomato paste
1/2 diced onions
1 tbsp chili powder
1/8 cup paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup butter
1 Tablespoon Molasses
3 Cups Water

brown the hamburger in skillet with butter; DO NOT drain off drippings; mix in onion and simmer for 1/2 hour; mix in other ingredients and bring to boil; cook with lid off for about 15 minutes to thicken mixture; use a potato masher to mix up and break up the hamburger.

This chili is great on spaghetti, hot dogs, and in a bowl with crackers. this is the best chili in west virginia and is loved by everyone who eats it . this recipe is famous in martha's cookbook and its popular all over.
big_granny

Milford, OH

#207 Mar 16, 2014
Simple Recipe wrote:
3lbs. of ground round, have your water boiling hot cook until meat separates, drain all water off except maybe a cup ful, and add that cup of water, add one cup of ketchup,half a cup of yellow mustard,, add 4 heaping Tbl spoons of Mcormicks chilii powder, and add 1 Tbl. spoon of garlic salt, add salt and black pepper to your taste, and let simmer 45 minutes on low heat, and about 10 minutes before you turn it off put you two big onions in it, this is good ole fashion church hotdog chili you can use a mash potato masher too make it a finer chili sauce
Big Granny has the recipe:
2 lbs hamburger
1 can tomato paste
1/2 diced onions
1 tbsp chili powder
1/8 cup paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon peper
1/4 cup butter
1 Tablespoon Molasses
3 Cups Water

brown the hamber in skillet with butter; DO NOT drain off drippings; mix in onio and simmer for 1/2 hour; mix in other ingredients and bring to boil; cook with lid off for about 15 minutes to thicken mixture; use a potato masher to mix up and break up the hamburger.

This chili is great on spaghetti, hot dogs, and in a bowl with crackers. this is the best chili in west virginia and is loved by everyone who eats it . this recipe is famous in martha's cookbook and its popular all over.
making_it_good

Milford, OH

#208 Mar 17, 2014
Hiihihihi wrote:
It's real easy go to Kroger and by hot dog sauce
well you can always go to kroger but they dont sell morrison chili and theres only one way to get morrison chili and thats to make it since morrison shut down.
jade

United States

#209 Mar 19, 2014
sorry sweetnes parway has morsons chli beat ll the way even though its no what it used tobe either
LIVER LOVER

Maitland, FL

#210 Mar 20, 2014
WHEN DID MORRISONS SHUT DOWN
1 post removed
Farmington

Albuquerque, NM

#212 Sep 5, 2015
What is it
Jsy

Milton, WV

#213 Sep 5, 2015
Great stuff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pecks-Mill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 52 min Dennis 4,145
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 22 hr Princess Hey 13,865
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) Jun 23 Princess Hey 15,104
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Jun 14 freddy 1,771
First Post Wins !!! (Apr '10) Jun 4 Princess Hey 14
Linda starkey Feb '17 Crazy bitch 1
help wanted Feb '17 joey365 1

Pecks-Mill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pecks-Mill Mortgages