How should we fix the old bumpy Coope...

How should we fix the old bumpy Cooper square.

Created by Concerned Resident on Nov 4, 2007

378 votes

Click on an option to vote

Asphalt over it

Brown Concrete

Fix the Brick

Do nothing

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hwy 904

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Nov 5, 2007
I don't think anything can fix the brick on the square. It will still be bumpy. It should have been covered over when the street going thru town was fixed but some people just had to SAVE THE OLD BRICK had to have their own way. The Square will always look and bump along as long as those idots have their way. Cooper could be a pretty town but some people just doesn't want it to.
Head in the Sand

Mccoy, CO

#2 Nov 5, 2007
Somethings are hard to turn loose of.
We could still have the brick around the parking areas of the square and pave the rest.
The problem is that the brick roads were never meant to hold the king of weights that trucks and cars weight today.
I would like to keep the bricks around the pogata and parking area and rip'em out and pave the roads right.
Loose Nuts

Athens, TX

#3 Nov 6, 2007
I'd settle for the square being like it used to be. Whoever decided to do away with the parking to build the grassy knoll around the pagoda was a dummy.

The highway department has tried several times to pave the square, but once a group of ladies laid down in front of the paving machine, and the highway department said forget it.
Rascal

United States

#4 Nov 17, 2007
Brick streets can be pretty and historical, just like Front St. in Natchitoches, La. but it is a small street only used by cars and pickup trucks and it is bumpy but you need to drive slow anyway through there, lots of people, vehicles and horse drawn carriges. I will make a trip to Cooper as we stay at the horse camp at Cooper Lake a lot, I just want to drive around the square so I will know what I am talking about. Sometimes it's best for the town and tourists to update the streets maybe leaving some brick in certain places for history purposes.
Taxpayer

Athens, TX

#5 Aug 21, 2008
Pave over them.
TPN

Palestine, TX

#6 Sep 4, 2008
Taxpayer wrote:
Pave over them.
All the bumpy roads in the town need to be fixed, at least the bricks look half decent.
Taxpayer

Humble, TX

#7 Sep 4, 2008
the mayor is too lazy to squat
New Tide

Humble, TX

#8 Sep 9, 2008
To all you ney sayers - the bricked square is one of the things that drew me to Cooper. Some of you look at "old things" and say tear it down. Some of us look at old things and say what a treasure - let's find a way to ronovate. I can think of many other things we need to be concerned about. Such as bldgs falling apart from neglect - unkept areas and I guess, the whole definition of "apathy".
Oldtimer

Bryan, TX

#9 Sep 9, 2008
New Tide, what answer do you have other than gripe?
Oldtimer

Bryan, TX

#10 Sep 9, 2008
New Tide, are you that hippie guy that lives on West Dallas?
Info for All

United States

#11 Sep 9, 2008
Oldtimer wrote:
New Tide, are you that hippie guy that lives on West Dallas?
New Tide is a deputy at DCSO, as well as Shootist and Really. Do some research and read old posts it's all there in black and white. You just have to sort through the B.S. and smokescreens!
Oldtimer

Bryan, TX

#12 Sep 10, 2008
Is that all they have to do at the DCSO?
New Tide

Humble, TX

#13 Sep 10, 2008
Just look at the vote results and draw your own conclusions. Nope, not the hippie, not a deputy - you'd never guess in a hundred years; but keep on with the suggestions - I'm amused.
karg

Paris, TX

#14 Sep 11, 2008
i agree with TPN... there are many streets in cooper that need to be fixed. atleast the square looks good and some like it. the rest of the streets are ugly with pot holes and have no historical value what so ever.
shootist

Humble, TX

#15 Sep 12, 2008
if anyone thinks that we are going to get the streets fixed, the brick fixed, the yards mowed, the old houses and buildings torn down (history or no history) under the current administration...you are totally dreaming. that's a fact. don't believe me? look at past records.
shootist

Humble, TX

#16 Sep 12, 2008
Info for All wrote:
<quoted text>
New Tide is a deputy at DCSO, as well as Shootist and Really. Do some research and read old posts it's all there in black and white. You just have to sort through the B.S. and smokescreens!
this is hilarious!!! all dci's can do when they don't like something is try to tie it to the sheriff's office. doesn't even matter what it is. this phenomenon totally amazes me. none of these three write like deputies, but the dci's are unable to respond to their thoughts in any kind of intelligent manner, therefore, they try to relate them to the so. the dci's don't like the so because they are afraid they will get caught, so anything they don't like, they assume has to be tied together. the absolute simple-mindedness of this is so typical of dci's. you guys continue, as always, to amuse me.

it also sounds a lot like wanna-be sheriff's and wanna-be deputies. better stick to plumbing, guys.
New Tide

Humble, TX

#17 Sep 18, 2008
Oldtimer wrote:
New Tide, what answer do you have other than gripe?
Read what is written, not what you want it to say.
New Tide

Humble, TX

#18 Sep 18, 2008
shootist wrote:
<quoted text>
this is hilarious!!! all dci's can do when they don't like something is try to tie it to the sheriff's office. doesn't even matter what it is. this phenomenon totally amazes me. none of these three write like deputies, but the dci's are unable to respond to their thoughts in any kind of intelligent manner, therefore, they try to relate them to the so. the dci's don't like the so because they are afraid they will get caught, so anything they don't like, they assume has to be tied together. the absolute simple-mindedness of this is so typical of dci's. you guys continue, as always, to amuse me.
it also sounds a lot like wanna-be sheriff's and wanna-be deputies. better stick to plumbing, guys.
Shootist, this is why I haven't bothered to comment. Nothing will change until we get better leadership.
New Tide

Humble, TX

#19 Sep 18, 2008
shootist wrote:
if anyone thinks that we are going to get the streets fixed, the brick fixed, the yards mowed, the old houses and buildings torn down (history or no history) under the current administration...you are totally dreaming. that's a fact. don't believe me? look at past records.
Yep, 100% agree.
Oldtimer

Bryan, TX

#20 Sep 18, 2008
How can you enforce dilapidated housing ordinances IF you also own some of the dilapidated houses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pecan Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there anyone in Cooper Texas/Delta County????? (Feb '08) 14 hr Happydaze 41
Flash Flood Watch for Delta County starting Jun... (Jun '15) Aug 17 Dkr 4
News A rose by another name was Texarkana Aug 5 Inquisitor 6
theft Jul '16 Hellbilly 2
Ladonia police brutality (Aug '13) Jul '16 Educated and not ... 78
Ladonianites for Bernie Sanders Jul '16 Eagle Eye 4
Hg baseball Brandon Span Jun '16 CoachB 1

Pecan Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance