Letters: Kotowski's relationship none...

Letters: Kotowski's relationship none of our business

There are 4 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Apr 9, 2011, titled Letters: Kotowski's relationship none of our business. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

The Herald has at many times crossed the boundaries between private and public lives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

vanman

Monterey, CA

#1 Apr 10, 2011
These are public people.
Ocean View

Pacific Grove, CA

#2 Apr 10, 2011
vanman wrote:
These are public people.
In the case of Kotowski, her private actions and relationship with Manning, either romantic or filial, have no bearing on her fitness to perform the public role for which she was elected. However, considering his religious vows and his role as a celibate religious leader, the same cannot be said of Manning in regard to retaining his appointed post within the church.

It's not a matter of being public people. Public people have private lives to which they are entitled unless or until their private actions call into question their professional performance. In Manning's case, it does; in Kotowski's it doesn't. They each have different public roles, and Kotowski's requires neither celibacy nor transparency regarding her private life, which is not to say that she isn't embarrassed by the revelation, but that it has no relevancy in regard to her job.

It is an unfortunate circumstance that her identity was revealed as part of the revelations about Manning.
YGBSM2

Salinas, CA

#3 Apr 11, 2011
At least he isn't a pedophile.
Helter skelter

Monterey, CA

#4 May 3, 2011
YGBSM2 wrote:
At least he isn't a pedophile.
My thoughts exactly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pebble-Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pacific Grove swears in new city manager, exami... Tue Lucy Anne 1
News HBO's 'Big Little Lies' starring Nicole Kidman ... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Environmental groups now back revised Carmel Ri... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Monterey native Rachel Roy: I'm not 'Becky with... Tue Julie Jane 1
News HBO's 'Big Little Lies' starring Nicole Kidman ... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Giant, inflatable whale to land at San Carlos B... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Monterey Naval Postgraduate School stabbing sus... Tue Julie Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pebble-Beach Mortgages