worried

United States

#1 May 22, 2009
i moved here about a year ago n have my a 14 yr old boy. but my god my son has sure told me so much about these girls at his school. but he wont mention their names. Can anyone help me out n tellin me some of these girls name just so u can be in a look out.
worried

United States

#2 May 22, 2009
oops! my 14 yr old son.
Concerned

Pearsall, TX

#3 May 22, 2009
worried wrote:
oops! my 14 yr old son.
I understand that you want to know names, but your asking for names for children- you know under the age of 18. Why don't YOU teach your son how to avoid these little girls instead of coming on here asking for names. Watch your son carefully, ask who he hangs out with and which girls he talks too. You the parent can find out on your own if your observant and are involved in your sons life. If he goes out, ask questions like who, where, when, etc... Be an active parent.
ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE

Dilley, TX

#4 May 22, 2009
IF THEY HAVE A DAYCARE AT THE HIGH SCHOOL AND JUNIOR HIGH IT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING ALL OF THE PARENTS IN THIS TOWN NEED TO GET OFF THEIR ASS AND TEACH THIER KIDS A BETTER WAY OF DOING THINGS AND STOP POPULATING THE WORLD...AND GET AN EDUCATION
worried

United States

#5 May 23, 2009
yes your very correct, i am not very active because of my stressful job and because of that am asking. i mean kids will be kids and iam not saying my son is an angel. also teach my son to avoid u have to understand that there at the age where everything seems easy for them the only thing i can really do is ask him who his hanging out with and maybe shorten his curfew time i dont know. his my only child and frankly am learning as i go with him and am very worried..... schools almost out. but thank you for your advice.
concerned too

Pearsall, TX

#6 May 23, 2009
worried wrote:
yes your very correct, i am not very active because of my stressful job and because of that am asking. i mean kids will be kids and iam not saying my son is an angel. also teach my son to avoid u have to understand that there at the age where everything seems easy for them the only thing i can really do is ask him who his hanging out with and maybe shorten his curfew time i dont know. his my only child and frankly am learning as i go with him and am very worried..... schools almost out. but thank you for your advice.
you are correct, teenagers think that it easy, when it really it isn't. We also live in a community where there are drugs, gangs, and everything else. All we can do it guide our children. I think what Pearsall should do as a community and as a school is to contact the AIDS foundation from San Antonio and bring in these agencies and people who have been affected by this virus into our town to discuss this with the kids. Kids think that you can only get aids thru unprotected sex, NOT! There is a person, who has HIV, Hepatitis A and B, and he got that thru his drug craving. He was sold a dirty needle and that is how he got it. Kids dont know that snorting cocaine with a bill, can also have those viruses, but yes you can! My advice is to keep contact with your child, if he/she has a cell phone, go thru it, read his/her text messages, if they have a myspace, do the same. PROTECT your child! he/she may have issue with it but just tell them, "one day you will thank me". maybe they'll understand. Good luck
want to know

Fowlerton, TX

#7 May 23, 2009
it's bad i move here from s.a.to live better.but pearsall is bad with drug.
Dumb

Hondo, TX

#8 May 23, 2009
want to know wrote:
it's bad i move here from s.a.to live better.but pearsall is bad with drug.
Well first of all drugs are everywhere NOT just in Pearsall. There is probably more drugs in San Antonio and worst things over there. I have lived in Pearsall all my life and i have two kids. My kids don't do drugs, they learn from what they see and that is me and my husband. We don't do drugs, i don't drink but my husband drinks. I have taught my kids that you can have fun WITHOUT DRUGS and ALCOHOL. And i believe that i have done a pretty good job cause my kids don't do drugs nor drink. It all has to do with how you bring up your kids. Just cause there are drugs around them that don't mean that they have to do them. I have been around people that do drugs but DRUGS dont interest me. I always stress this out to my kids. DRUGS RUIN YOUR LIFE AND IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY IT WILL RUIN YOUR FAMILY ALSO..So now is it worth doing drugs? I think NOT... So you can't blame anybody for what your kids get into. Its how you raise your kids...
pervBuster

San Diego, CA

#9 Sep 23, 2010
worried wrote:
i moved here about a year ago n have my a 14 yr old boy. but my god my son has sure told me so much about these girls at his school. but he wont mention their names. Can anyone help me out n tellin me some of these girls name just so u can be in a look out.
Honestly you sound like a pervert looking for little girls. NO i wont tell you any names and i hope no one else does FREAK!
RLMarquez

Canyon Lake, TX

#10 Sep 23, 2010
Its tough raising children in Pearsall, or anywhere else for that matter. When I moved back to Pearsall, my son had a rough time adjusting to the attitudes of the kids there, as opposed to Round Rock and Coker Elementary schools. It's just different- parenting, influences, standards, etc. An effective way is to be involve yourself with your children's lives. Make them a smoothie or snack when they get home from school, Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when they break out their homework and just talk to them or help them with the homework. There was a book called The Five Languages of Love for Teenagers that explains how to effectively communicate with your teens. Go throw passes or toss a baseball outside or shoot some baskets, really something like that to break the ice and let them understand that you are there for them. That last statement was geared for males mostly but for my daughter, I sometimes break out a nail file a clear nail polish and do her little nails. And that's one way she really communicates with me. Also, when my children would visit friends, I made it a point to talk with the parents first and establish the rules with them too. Working together to keep them out of trouble. And I wouldn't let them go anywhere without clear rules. When the parents are not around they will have no one else to guide them correctly. As evidence my son got away with a few things while I was in Iraq, but when I got back I sure straightened up his short and curlies. But only because I love him enough to be more than what the world is becoming. hugs and encouragement go a long ways, and they dont cost anything. Oh yeah, if you can mentor a child , do so. Sometimes, they just want to know that someone cares, and I say that from experience. God bless and I hope this helps a little.
fake

United States

#11 Sep 23, 2010
This post was probably started by some high-school kid wanting to start some trash talk about another high-schooler! Things like this need not to be even questioned on here..especially by an "adult"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearsall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Janie Carr 4 min Now this is Angelia 12
Letís play a game. 1 hr BeeBee 87
David T 1 hr White mike 12
Jacob Trujillo 6 hr Harris County PD 8
PVee at it again 17 hr Dum peepl 47
Meth sleeps 18 hr El Gringo 15
what ever happen to jon m houser (Sep '12) Mon Yep 12

Pearsall Jobs

Personal Finance

Pearsall Mortgages