PISD Reassginments
Really

San Antonio, TX

#42 Dec 22, 2012
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>. I am informed because the minutes are on the web. I also go to the meetings every now and then. I have no clue what goes on on executive session nor do I care to know. That is why I said thanks for the info, cause that is more than I knew.
I don't think you know what you are talking about. You didn't read the minutes because minutes are there, yet. Why are you defending the board with such passion?
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

#43 Dec 25, 2012
It amazes me how quickly an AD is reassigned but a non performing principal is kept "misleading" a school. HS, JH, Inter for example....Priorities on the PISD placemat= Athletics.
George should be ashamed of himself for playing a major part in this...
Lala

Fort Worth, TX

#44 Dec 25, 2012
since when does PISD have "highly qualified" employees?More like rejects from other places not to be named....
mav alum

United States

#45 Dec 25, 2012
Ok so Graf it is..that's fine but let him stay long enough to build something PHS has never had.. a program...no AD has ever stayed long enough .. history keeps repeating itself down in maverick country...
Que paso

Helotes, TX

#46 Dec 25, 2012
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>. I am informed because the minutes are on the web. I also go to the meetings every now and then. I have no clue what goes on on executive session nor do I care to know. That is why I said thanks for the info, cause that is more than I knew.
Where is Annie? What you have no answers to the questions people are asking you? I looked on the PISD website and guess what? I didn't find any minutes just the agenda stating the discussion of reassigning the AD.
pastPISD student

San Antonio, TX

#47 Dec 26, 2012
Problem with PISD is that they don't do anything that is why we left. My child is doing so much better. Admin. does not do anything for the children they are all worried about themselves, when my child was in Jr High they had a teacher working there don't know if he is still there, but he was a sick o the school knew about it and they didn't do anything to protect our children, he even went a far as to threaten me, so i left Pearsall.
No No

San Antonio, TX

#48 Dec 26, 2012
mav alum wrote:
Ok so Graf it is..that's fine but let him stay long enough to build something PHS has never had.. a program...no AD has ever stayed long enough .. history keeps repeating itself down in maverick country...
He should get only one season like most of the past ADs! What's fair is fair.
I know

San Antonio, TX

#49 Dec 26, 2012
Que paso wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Annie? What you have no answers to the questions people are asking you? I looked on the PISD website and guess what? I didn't find any minutes just the agenda stating the discussion of reassigning the AD.
I know she is on vacation since it's the Christmas holidays.
chris

San Antonio, TX

#50 Dec 27, 2012
Mav Alum, don't think the folks here are against RG for AD, theyare mostly concerned about how the boar manuvered this deal since the get go and of all the energy being used on athletics instead of academics.
mav alum

United States

#51 Dec 27, 2012
chris wrote:
Mav Alum, don't think the folks here are against RG for AD, theyare mostly concerned about how the boar manuvered this deal since the get go and of all the energy being used on athletics instead of academics.
True but unfortunately PISD lacks in the academic dept as well....
True

Helotes, TX

#52 Dec 28, 2012
mav alum wrote:
<quoted text>
True but unfortunately PISD lacks in the academic dept as well....
That is what Chris is referring to. Academics should be the sole priority. Athletics' success should not be what defines our district. There is so much energy wasted on who the next AD is hired instead of making sure the district and campus administrators do everything possible to assure that every student is successful. How many of our athletes will be drafted to play college sports or become a professional athlete in any sport?
Jax

San Antonio, TX

#53 Dec 30, 2012
True wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what Chris is referring to. Academics should be the sole priority. Athletics' success should not be what defines our district. There is so much energy wasted on who the next AD is hired instead of making sure the district and campus administrators do everything possible to assure that every student is successful. How many of our athletes will be drafted to play college sports or become a professional athlete in any sport?
Well, neither the Dr. Garza or the Camacho kid got drafted by a college for their talent in athletics.
True

San Antonio, TX

#54 Dec 30, 2012
Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, neither the Dr. Garza or the Camacho kid got drafted by a college for their talent in athletics.
That is what I am referring to. The district must concentrate their efforts on academics.
mav alum

Houston, TX

#55 Dec 30, 2012
True wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be no reason why at least a couple of ball players don't play at the next level each year...the school dist needs to be well rounded .. it does not have to be a D1 school..you also have DII, DIII, junior college..etc
True

San Antonio, TX

#56 Dec 30, 2012
mav alum wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be no reason why at least a couple of ball players don't play at the next level each year...the school dist needs to be well rounded .. it does not have to be a D1 school..you also have DII, DIII, junior college..etc
True, but before we can be well-rounded, the district should be brought back to a performing district. Then, we can talk about being well-rounded. Don't get me wrong, I know the importance each sport plays in the the lives of children. However, there must be at least a balance. I have seen the support parents give to their children when it comes to sports, but ask them if they made sure they read or studied even when there is no homework or exams. Tell the parents their children need to be well-rounded and that they have a major role in the success of their children.
Player

Dallas, TX

#57 Jan 4, 2013
Well Graff better get ready to kiss one of his players parent's huge butts if he wants to stay in Pearsall - you all know which player I'm talking about. The one that CHOKED every time he took the field!!! I've seen better kicking at a PEE WEE game. Mommy controls the school board and daddy is unemployed with a lot of time on his hands. So good luck Graff you are going to need it.
Parent

Dallas, TX

#58 Jan 4, 2013
True wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but before we can be well-rounded, the district should be brought back to a performing district. Then, we can talk about being well-rounded. Don't get me wrong, I know the importance each sport plays in the the lives of children. However, there must be at least a balance. I have seen the support parents give to their children when it comes to sports, but ask them if they made sure they read or studied even when there is no homework or exams. Tell the parents their children need to be well-rounded and that they have a major role in the success of their children.
Agree - but the problem isn't that the SUPT or school board is focused on athletics and not academics. The problem is that the SUPT is scared of the school board due to their vindictive actions and does what they want instead of what's right for the district.The school board is NOT focused on athletics NOR academics. They are focused on political manuevering...getting friends and family members hired. Making sure their friends and family members children are given special treatment. If they focused on academics we wouldn't have such an underperforming school district. If they focused on athletics (not on personal agendas) we wouldn't have such a revolving door of athletic directors and coaches. The facts don't lie - the state says we are unacceptable and our kids are paying for it.
MAVS

Dallas, TX

#59 Jan 4, 2013
Player wrote:
Well Graff better get ready to kiss one of his players parent's huge butts if he wants to stay in Pearsall - you all know which player I'm talking about. The one that CHOKED every time he took the field!!! I've seen better kicking at a PEE WEE game. Mommy controls the school board and daddy is unemployed with a lot of time on his hands. So good luck Graff you are going to need it.
Not sure he has to worry - he's dating the niece, keeping it all in the family Pearsall style! Now if he breaks up with the niece he may be out looking for a job again. Hinojosa should have known better than to hire him when Hondo let him go...no good deed goes unpunished. Stay classy Pearsall!
Chuy

San Antonio, TX

#60 Jan 5, 2013
MAVS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure he has to worry - he's dating the niece, keeping it all in the family Pearsall style! Now if he breaks up with the niece he may be out looking for a job again. Hinojosa should have known better than to hire him when Hondo let him go...no good deed goes unpunished. Stay classy Pearsall!
Don't blame Hinojosa for the hiring, he had nothing to do with it. Some board members recruited him from Hondo. It was all planned out to the T months ago.
Express Neeews One

San Antonio, TX

#61 Jan 15, 2013
Hear ye, hear ye, the Board of Trustees/superintendnet of the PISD has done an excellnt job of recruiting and interviewing afuture AD, depite the Christmas holidays. They will "consider" hiring one tonite at the board meeting. Wonder who that might be???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearsall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How true is it 3 hr Wow 16
MADD "Mother's Against Drunk Drivers" 3 hr Clueless 2
Mandy Moon Zepeda Hernandez 6 hr Precios 8
Critical care hospital 8 hr Ouch 25
Jerry Badillo 13 hr Just me 3
Unappreciated people 14 hr Saaas 22
The Bible and Jesus Thu Christian2 31

Pearsall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance