parent

United States

#21 Aug 8, 2010
people please let the at least proform before people start judging. the maverick band has been great!
What

San Antonio, TX

#22 Aug 18, 2010
Should be interesting at Area. Not sure if Pearsall will make it though
schedule

Houston, TX

#23 Aug 18, 2010
does anyone know the schedule for the contest can you please post it i would like to be able to catch the band
Mav

United States

#24 Aug 18, 2010
They suck.they won't make it they trip over each other
passion for music

San Antonio, TX

#25 Aug 18, 2010
the mavrick band has the best band director any band could ever have, mr steve sanchez. there is no doubt that yall can be the next state champs. with him the band is unstoppable just got to believe. i been directed by steve since i was in the jr. high, he made me the best musican i could be. he has visions just trust him n yall will be there, the state competition battling for first. believe me cause in 2006 state marchin contest when my band got third place two point away from getting first in state we look back n all that pushing that steve did was cause he knew we were good enough to be state champs. summer band all the crazy yelling we the students well yell as well to our own section or people in the forms, cause we wanted it, we wanted the gold, n he knew we were gonna get it. we were the smallest band there but with hard work,n focus we reached to be the third best band in the state of texas. if he could do that to us imagine what he could do to yall. treat him right believe him trust him n he could get a little overwelm sometimes n start yelling up a storm its cause he knows what yall can do. dont take it personal it will all pay off in the state competition, trust me been there done that gone threw that. good luck band.
WTF

San Antonio, TX

#26 Aug 19, 2010
Who gives a shit? They are still from Pearsall!!!!! Band Queers
Alumni bass drummer

Clarksville, TN

#27 Aug 19, 2010
Been There wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Duffas, my daughter was there when we WON ! We don't need anyone telling us about Pride and Decipline. Pearsall's Gone to State up until 2001 ! We've yet to Christen The Alamodome . We went to Austin, Mesquite, & Waco! The Best Of Luck Band!!!
Sorry i have to correct you; and i dont mean that in an arrogant way :) We went to state until 02-03 school year; I remember it was my jr year & I was kinda bummed that I wouldn't make a state trip my senior year, but we went, performed out hearts out, and ranked 4th in state in the end. It was hella cold & I had ice on my drum & mallets lol. I wish I could relive those days! I miss drumming so much! Good luck this year, Mav Band!! You have support from me, all the way in Tennessee!!! GO DRUMLINE!!!! <3
Bella

San Antonio, TX

#28 Aug 19, 2010
WTF wrote:
Who gives a shit? They are still from Pearsall!!!!! Band Queers
The band member and director are busting their butts in this hot, hot weather. I often think that maybe the poor guys and not and very. very thristy. Bless their hearts! Good luck guys hope all the hard work pays of for them.
former mav band member

United States

#29 Aug 19, 2010
If you make state it was a great year if you don't you will get an idea on how much harder you need to work. Stick together as a team because their are a shit load of people out there, not counting the idiots in this town that wouldn't even support their own brother much less the band, want you to succeed. Support each other!! Go Mav Band!!!
blast from the past

San Antonio, TX

#30 Aug 20, 2010
passion for music wrote:
the mavrick band has the best band director any band could ever have, mr steve sanchez. there is no doubt that yall can be the next state champs. with him the band is unstoppable just got to believe. i been directed by steve since i was in the jr. high, he made me the best musican i could be. he has visions just trust him n yall will be there, the state competition battling for first. believe me cause in 2006 state marchin contest when my band got third place two point away from getting first in state we look back n all that pushing that steve did was cause he knew we were good enough to be state champs. summer band all the crazy yelling we the students well yell as well to our own section or people in the forms, cause we wanted it, we wanted the gold, n he knew we were gonna get it. we were the smallest band there but with hard work,n focus we reached to be the third best band in the state of texas. if he could do that to us imagine what he could do to yall. treat him right believe him trust him n he could get a little overwelm sometimes n start yelling up a storm its cause he knows what yall can do. dont take it personal it will all pay off in the state competition, trust me been there done that gone threw that. good luck band.
Ok Trisha, you can stop glorifying your daddy now, Sergio and Carmen actually have the bragging rights, because Aleman took them to state and they won! Good luck to our kids this year, they will win state again with or without sanchez. Its in their blood, the kids in the band and that are coming up are the children of those that actually WON STATE. See you at the Alamodome Mighty Maverick Band.
Hope

Del Rio, TX

#31 Aug 21, 2010
I hope so! Every year it gets smaller and smaller.
Band

San Antonio, TX

#32 Aug 21, 2010
I seriously doubt they will get to the state contest this year. The show is too hard and if they make the same sounds they did last year on the field, Area judges will rip them a new one.
Norma

Carrizo Springs, TX

#33 Aug 21, 2010
I just wish I knew their contest schedule so I can go to their competitions. I don't go to games but I do love to go to competitions. Someone should post those on the District Calender. Why are they always the Ugly Step Children to the School? Maybe someone could talk to Mr Sanchez and ask him to go advertise more frequently about the contests so we can plan for the trips and we can get more people going. We need to give our PHS Band a big boost of support since our Maverick Teams are all on Probation for the next so many years. GO BAND!!!
well

United States

#34 Aug 21, 2010
Norma wrote:
I just wish I knew their contest schedule so I can go to their competitions. I don't go to games but I do love to go to competitions. Someone should post those on the District Calender. Why are they always the Ugly Step Children to the School? Maybe someone could talk to Mr Sanchez and ask him to go advertise more frequently about the contests so we can plan for the trips and we can get more people going. We need to give our PHS Band a big boost of support since our Maverick Teams are all on Probation for the next so many years. GO BAND!!!
They are pretty much every Saturday in October. Just call the directors. They will tell you all their dates.
Good Luck

San Antonio, TX

#35 Aug 21, 2010
Good Luck to the band at their contests.
band

Canada

#36 Aug 21, 2010
Sept 25- East Central HS marching contest
OCT 2- USSBA BAY AREA. calallen
OCT 9- harlendal/roosevelt contest
Oct 16- hondo
OCT 23- area contest calallen
Oct 30- band of america- alamodome
Nov1- state marching contest- alamodome

Come out and support our kids they work so hard and deserve the support. GO BAND!
Mav

United States

#37 Aug 21, 2010
I hope they play more at the games. Last year all they played was like three or four songs a game.and most of them weren't even when the mav's would score
Norma

Carrizo Springs, TX

#38 Aug 21, 2010
band wrote:
Sept 25- East Central HS marching contest
OCT 2- USSBA BAY AREA. calallen
OCT 9- harlendal/roosevelt contest
Oct 16- hondo
OCT 23- area contest calallen
Oct 30- band of america- alamodome
Nov1- state marching contest- alamodome
Come out and support our kids they work so hard and deserve the support. GO BAND!
Thank you. I will make sure to write this down. I would like to definitely make it to these contests. I wish they would get the same recognition as the Mavs and Lady Mavs. Pearsall Maverick Band deserves recognition. I think they are the only ones of all the Pearsall teams to make it anywhere. If we could get a support system going some parades for the band etc. We can do it. What is wrong with Pearsall ISD? Why don't they support our PHS Band? Go Maverick Band!
What

San Antonio, TX

#39 Aug 21, 2010
Norma wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I will make sure to write this down. I would like to definitely make it to these contests. I wish they would get the same recognition as the Mavs and Lady Mavs. Pearsall Maverick Band deserves recognition. I think they are the only ones of all the Pearsall teams to make it anywhere. If we could get a support system going some parades for the band etc. We can do it. What is wrong with Pearsall ISD? Why don't they support our PHS Band? Go Maverick Band!
The ISD isn't supporting our band because it hasn't done anything outstanding in years! They have barely made ones at contest the past couple of years. The band needs an overhaul and will take years before we see them at the State contest.
Sam I am

San Antonio, TX

#40 Aug 21, 2010
Pope wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes true. But!!!!! How does it start. Obviously u need the band director to have a band n a band to have band director bot forgetting the drum major.. But how do you get these students to get to the top.. Of course dicipline and hardwork if they too want to get to the top.. U can't have a band director that does not show them "learning discipline" cause then neither band or director go no where.. N another thing it's good to know that Pearsall rised up before n one is saying thAt they won't make it ... It's just rmbrn the feeling when working together as a team like the way a Band should and win with pride foe the town that's all... Good luck!
Bless their hearts, while most of us are sitting in an air condition home they are out there praticing long,long hours in the hot,hot sun. That makes them winners as far as I'm concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearsall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
411 on Veronica Trevino 22 min Pearsall resident 50
jojo 40 min hongkong 1
Juanita Hernandez - Lupe's daughter 3 hr Q familia 6
Susy 8 hr Lmfao 2
Brenda G 9 hr gold digga 4
Naomi 10 hr friend 2
klimax 12 hr urmama 10
Pearsall Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pearsall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pearsall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pearsall

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
LB McClain (Illness) Downgraded to out
NFL11:34 AM
Cowboys' Rolando McClain (illness) to miss Week 17
Bleacher Report 3:06 PM
Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins: Live Washington Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 4:30 AM
NFL Week 17 Vegas Odds and Predictions
Bleacher Report 4:44 AM
Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins: Live Dallas Score and Analysis