Rep. John Lewis speaks to Nyack NAACP

Rep. John Lewis speaks to Nyack NAACP

There are 24 comments on the The Journal News story from Apr 11, 2010, titled Rep. John Lewis speaks to Nyack NAACP. In it, The Journal News reports that:

Before taking the podium Thursday to address a crowd of more than 500, Rep. John Lewis, D-Georgia, said the black community had come a long way, but still had quite a way to go.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Journal News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#1 Apr 11, 2010
There is a history of White people that has never been told in any coherent form, largely because most modern historians have, for reasons of politics or psychology, refused to recognize White slaves in America as just that.
Today, not a tear is shed for the sufferings of millions of our enslaved forefathers. 200 years of White slavery in America have been almost completely obliterated from the collective memory of the American people. Writer Elaine Kendall asks "Who wants to be reminded that half - perhaps as many as two-thirds - of the original American colonists came here, not of their own free will, but kidnapped, shanghaied, impressed, duped, beguiled, and yes, in chains -?...we tend to gloss over it... we'd prefer to forget the whole sorry chapter......Like the moral cowards
we are! Who cares about Po White trash,
and how did they originate?? Hello!!
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#2 Apr 11, 2010
Hello,Too hot to handle,Having a problem
with the truth? Preacher never mentioned
that chit? Always believed Blacks were
the only ones who suffered Slavery??
Think again? reparation? Take a number!
Suddenly it is an Oxymoron,Deafening
silence!!
independent

Newtown, PA

#3 Apr 11, 2010
Razors Edge wrote:
Hello,Too hot to handle,Having a problem
with the truth? Preacher never mentioned
that chit? Always believed Blacks were
the only ones who suffered Slavery??
Think again? reparation? Take a number!
Suddenly it is an Oxymoron,Deafening
silence!!
Are you talking about the indentured servants who was promised land after 7 years of slave labor? a lot of them were worked to death or had time added or both.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#4 Apr 11, 2010
independent wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the indentured servants who was promised land after 7 years of slave labor? a lot of them were worked to death or had time added or both.
American colonists came here, not of their own free will, but kidnapped, shanghaied, impressed, duped, beguiled, and yes, in chains -?...we tend to gloss over it... we'd prefer to forget the whole sorry chapter......Like the moral cowards
we are! Who cares about Po White trash,
and how did they originate?? Hello!!

Yeah,Indentured servants always came in these conditions? Indentured was a blantant lie to
escape punishment for kidnapping? Do not allow
those crimes to blind you,or ease your mind!
independent

Newtown, PA

#5 Apr 12, 2010
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
American colonists came here, not of their own free will, but kidnapped, shanghaied, impressed, duped, beguiled, and yes, in chains -?...we tend to gloss over it... we'd prefer to forget the whole sorry chapter......Like the moral cowards
we are! Who cares about Po White trash,
and how did they originate?? Hello!!
Yeah,Indentured servants always came in these conditions? Indentured was a blantant lie to
escape punishment for kidnapping? Do not allow
those crimes to blind you,or ease your mind!
I have mentioned this several times on other forums, they do not want to admit this happened because it doesn't fit their agenda
lol

Baltimore, MD

#6 Apr 12, 2010
Is this the same John Lewis that lies about being called a n***** 15 times.This man is so full of shit.He is nothing more then a race baiter.The NAACP is about as honest as John Lewis himself.It was nice to read that only a hand full of ppl stood when asked for all members to stand.I guess alot of ppl are starting to see what the NAACP stands for and just how far you would get for believing in them.Naacp cares just as much about the poor and lowclass blacks as the president does.You know how Obama is cutting programs and such that are suppose to be helping these kids.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7 Apr 12, 2010
lol wrote:
Is this the same John Lewis that lies about being called a n***** 15 times.This man is so full of shit.He is nothing more then a race baiter.The NAACP is about as honest as John Lewis himself.It was nice to read that only a hand full of ppl stood when asked for all members to stand.I guess alot of ppl are starting to see what the NAACP stands for and just how far you would get for believing in them.Naacp cares just as much about the poor and lowclass blacks as the president does.You know how Obama is cutting programs and such that are suppose to be helping these kids.
Actually, I heard a tape in which he was called the N word by someone angry over the health care bill.
But then that sort of thing doesn't surprise me. This is AMERICA. Old news.
As for John Lewis, his moral capital is quite substantial as man who nearly lost his life in the 1960s fight for Civil Rights, and as an ally of Dr. King. The man still probably carries a steel plate in his head from the assault on him by racists in Alabama when he was a student.
Now what moral capital do YOU have? What moral capital is possessed by your friends, those moronic fascist harpies known as Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann?
lol

Baltimore, MD

#8 Apr 12, 2010
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I heard a tape in which he was called the N word by someone angry over the health care bill.
But then that sort of thing doesn't surprise me. This is AMERICA. Old news.
As for John Lewis, his moral capital is quite substantial as man who nearly lost his life in the 1960s fight for Civil Rights, and as an ally of Dr. King. The man still probably carries a steel plate in his head from the assault on him by racists in Alabama when he was a student.
Now what moral capital do YOU have? What moral capital is possessed by your friends, those moronic fascist harpies known as Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann?
Can you send the tape to foX news you will recieve $100.000 for doing so.My guess is that you won't be recieveing any money.This is 2010 not 1960.As always the use of excuses,blame and you even lie.REMEMBER $100.000 COULD BE YOURS AND THAT IS NOT A LIE.2012 IS THE CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.I'll be watching out for you on fox news.Next lie please.LMMFAO.Al the bobble head Sharpton said he heard it also but you have proof so it looks like the monet is yours.NOT You ppl are so full of shit.Thats what makes you typical as hell
independent

Newtown, PA

#9 Apr 12, 2010
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I heard a tape in which he was called the N word by someone angry over the health care bill.
But then that sort of thing doesn't surprise me. This is AMERICA. Old news.
As for John Lewis, his moral capital is quite substantial as man who nearly lost his life in the 1960s fight for Civil Rights, and as an ally of Dr. King. The man still probably carries a steel plate in his head from the assault on him by racists in Alabama when he was a student.
Now what moral capital do YOU have? What moral capital is possessed by your friends, those moronic fascist harpies known as Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann?
Why do you come on here and lie out of you're azz, I also would like to hear or see the tape/video, please tell me where I can go to see or hear this, if you can't then you are a raciest instigater which i suspect you are. Prove me wrong.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#10 Apr 13, 2010
independent wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you come on here and lie out of you're azz, I also would like to hear or see the tape/video, please tell me where I can go to see or hear this, if you can't then you are a raciest instigater which i suspect you are. Prove me wrong.
The tape was played on the media itself. But I'm sure FoxNews won't play it!
Why do you white racist keep lying about your racism, and even having the effrontery to accuse others of being racist like you.
By the way, have you hear of MSNBC? They also played Tim McVeign's tapes also. Duh....

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#11 Apr 13, 2010
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Can you send the tape to foX news you will recieve $100.000 for doing so.My guess is that you won't be recieveing any money.This is 2010 not 1960.As always the use of excuses,blame and you even lie.REMEMBER $100.000 COULD BE YOURS AND THAT IS NOT A LIE.2012 IS THE CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.I'll be watching out for you on fox news.Next lie please.LMMFAO.Al the bobble head Sharpton said he heard it also but you have proof so it looks like the monet is yours.NOT You ppl are so full of shit.Thats what makes you typical as hell
It has already been played on MSNBC....as has Timorthy McVeigh tapes. FOX will certainly NOT share the racist tape, at least not without editing it as they edited the video of the phony pimp and hooker in the ACORN office.
Now that we've seen parts of THAT video which FOX edited mislead the public, we can infer that this was a another right wing scam. Right wing scams by right wing scum. Racist and corrupt to the core is what those reactionaries are.
independent

Newtown, PA

#12 Apr 13, 2010
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
It has already been played on MSNBC....as has Timorthy McVeigh tapes. FOX will certainly NOT share the racist tape, at least not without editing it as they edited the video of the phony pimp and hooker in the ACORN office.
Now that we've seen parts of THAT video which FOX edited mislead the public, we can infer that this was a another right wing scam. Right wing scams by right wing scum. Racist and corrupt to the core is what those reactionaries are.
Instigator, didn't see it on MSNBC's webste, WHERE IS IT? give me a site and I'll look and listen. We ain't talking about McVeigh, he got his due, so why are you bringing him up? sounds like a deflection.
lol

Baltimore, MD

#13 Apr 13, 2010
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
It has already been played on MSNBC....as has Timorthy McVeigh tapes. FOX will certainly NOT share the racist tape, at least not without editing it as they edited the video of the phony pimp and hooker in the ACORN office.
Now that we've seen parts of THAT video which FOX edited mislead the public, we can infer that this was a another right wing scam. Right wing scams by right wing scum. Racist and corrupt to the core is what those reactionaries are.
YOU LIE because if it were played on any station they would not be asking for proof and offering $100.000 to see it.Fox didn't edit all the phony voters that acorn made up.As I said before it's so very typical of you to turn the race issue around.It's just sucks on your part because it's just not working anymore.Didn't you read the paper today it simply stated that someone came up with a tape but yes thats right it was not of the event that John Lewis claimed.You ppl are wortless and a hot f mess.Pretty much the butt of all jokes.STILL LMAO
independent

Newtown, PA

#14 Apr 13, 2010
Savant the Instigator, you will have you're tape after the April,15 teaparty protests because they are going to be infiltrated with liberal loons who are going to scream n!@@$r, they have been outed already but don't worry the MSM will make sure they pick up all the incendiary raciest rants that will be spewed by these deceitful fools, just be patient.
Oh by the way I went to Rep. Lewis web site, no tape or recording of the so called name calling, with all the cameras and video phones you would of thought they would of picked up one of those 15 chants of N_____. Don't worry I'm still looking, you would think something of this magnitude there would be just one.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#15 Apr 13, 2010
independent wrote:
<quoted text>Instigator, didn't see it on MSNBC's webste, WHERE IS IT? give me a site and I'll look and listen. We ain't talking about McVeigh, he got his due, so why are you bringing him up? sounds like a deflection.
Moron! It was played on MSNBC within the past week! And within the past two evenings, Rachel Maddow played tapes of your fellow right wing nutcase and domestic terrorist, Timothy McVeigh.
I don't the name of your fellow right wing nut with the N word, but those who listened heard it said and more than once.
Face it. The American right is not only racist to the bone, but are the biggest collection of nutcase gathered together under one flag since the Third Reich.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#16 Apr 13, 2010
independent wrote:
Savant the Instigator, you will have you're tape after the April,15 teaparty protests because they are going to be infiltrated with liberal loons who are going to scream n!@@$r, they have been outed already but don't worry the MSM will make sure they pick up all the incendiary raciest rants that will be spewed by these deceitful fools, just be patient.
Oh by the way I went to Rep. Lewis web site, no tape or recording of the so called name calling, with all the cameras and video phones you would of thought they would of picked up one of those 15 chants of N_____. Don't worry I'm still looking, you would think something of this magnitude there would be just one.
We'll leave it up to FoxNews to doctor those tapes. Same as they doctored the pimp tape from the Acorn office. I'm sure this time they will be more careful to edit any instances of "N@@ger!" or "Fag!" or "Go back to Mexico!" shouted by your fellow moronic fascist nutcases.
the_truth_be_tol d2006

Maryville, TN

#17 Apr 13, 2010
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll leave it up to FoxNews to doctor those tapes. Same as they doctored the pimp tape from the Acorn office. I'm sure this time they will be more careful to edit any instances of "N@@ger!" or "Fag!" or "Go back to Mexico!" shouted by your fellow moronic fascist nutcases.
So....you can't provide a link then.

Typical.
the_truth_be_tol d2006

Maryville, TN

#18 Apr 13, 2010
John Lewis...Liar and Poverty Pimp. What a proud legacy LOL
independent

Newtown, PA

#19 Apr 13, 2010
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron! It was played on MSNBC within the past week! And within the past two evenings, Rachel Maddow played tapes of your fellow right wing nutcase and domestic terrorist, Timothy McVeigh.
I don't the name of your fellow right wing nut with the N word, but those who listened heard it said and more than once.
Face it. The American right is not only racist to the bone, but are the biggest collection of nutcase gathered together under one flag since the Third Reich.
It was played on MSNBC? if there was a tape that existed it would have been played everyday on every MSM channel every hour until election time and speaking of domestic terrorist, what about Obamas buddy Billy Ayers, still walking the streets. Why can't I find it anywhere on the web, maybe MSNBC doctored the tape like you say FOX news does, they wouldn't do that would they? LMAO
independent

Newtown, PA

#20 Apr 13, 2010
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll leave it up to FoxNews to doctor those tapes. Same as they doctored the pimp tape from the Acorn office. I'm sure this time they will be more careful to edit any instances of "N@@ger!" or "Fag!" or "Go back to Mexico!" shouted by your fellow moronic fascist nutcases.
What site is this on, I tried MSNBC, Rep. Lewis, Rep. Cleaver, Huffington Post, Daily Kos, and a few other liberal sites, NOTHING, maybe my last resort will be FOX, if you have a link to a site with video from this event, post it! got an ideal for you, go to one of them teaparty rally's and yell N!@@*# and tape it, there you'll have you're tape. LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grace VanderWaal Can See 'Clearly' Now in Her E... May 15 timmmer 2
News Man who started ALS Ice Bucket Challenge gets b... Apr '18 Theresa Christensen 1
bell ans chemical companyc (Nov '08) Apr '18 leon hadley 13
News Black Women Shine Light On Fight Against System... Apr '18 Kayo Charlie 1
Say No to Intimidation Apr '18 Jmccurtis 1
News Spectacular views, but oh, that awful smell Apr '18 AIPAC 666 2
P ercs, x ans $ O xy delivery Mar '18 Meci 1

Pearl River Jobs

Personal Finance

Pearl River Mortgages