Troopers ticket 84 for violating Move...

Troopers ticket 84 for violating Move Over Act, say none was entrapped

There are 2 comments on the The Journal News story from Apr 21, 2011, titled Troopers ticket 84 for violating Move Over Act, say none was entrapped. In it, The Journal News reports that:

Troopers ticket 84 for violating Move Over Act, say none was entrapped Comments SOMERS - Although troopers from the Somers barracks issued 84 tickets Wednesday on Interstate 684 for violations of the new Move Over Act, state police say they are not entrapping motorists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Journal News.

USSLiberty

Landing, NJ

#1 Apr 23, 2011
I thought thats what those pirates were doing
New York Man

Pleasant Valley, NY

#2 May 3, 2011
I was ticketed in RI for not moving over. I was trapped in the right lane by two cars going about 85 in a 65. I was on cruise control at 65 so I slowed down to pull in behind. They slowed down when they saw the lights and trapped me. I explained this to the officer and said he understood my explaination but gave me a ticket for not slowing down and said that I could appeal by writing in if I were a safe driver. This does not seem to be the case. It looks like I have to appear to appeal. If I started at 65 mph and slowed down twice to get into the left lane how could I have been doing 70 mph when I passed the patrol car ? I hit resume after I passed them and was still only doing 60 mph when the officer pulled me over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Traditional funeral for Thruway accident victims (Mar '06) Nov 29 flingfegboiz 3
steve joseph sanofi sued for sexual harassment ... (Nov '13) Oct '17 Unameit 7
News Benjamin G. Cappione Oct '17 Matty 1
News Rockland news in brief (Jun '11) Apr '16 Jennifer 2
News Board Of Elections Invalidates Preserve Rocklan... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mary Wannah 1
News Feds accuse Pearl River apartment complex of di... (Mar '11) May '13 Anonymous 7
Review: Mimi's Treasures A Unique Children's Bo... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Yanni L 1

Pearl River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pearl River Mortgages