50 Cent Sues Over 'Shoot the Rapper'

50 Cent Sues Over 'Shoot the Rapper'

There are 19 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jul 21, 2007, titled 50 Cent Sues Over 'Shoot the Rapper'. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Rapper 50 Cent sued an Internet advertising company for $1 million Friday, claiming it illegally used his image in a game where the player pretends to shoot him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Irate

Douglasville, GA

#1 Jul 21, 2007
50 cent is a musician? What instrument does he play?
GSXR1000guy

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jul 21, 2007
As a black man, I want to sue 50 Cent for misrepresenting me and falsely using my image. I can't stand this guy, his music is not in my house and I refuse to let my kids by any product he pushes. He's an idiot.
Sam

Cleveland, GA

#4 Jul 21, 2007
What makes this guy think anyone would want to use his likeness. I agree with wondering what instrument does he play. Get a life and a real job. Stop living off the stupity of people who think that stuff is good.
NRB MANY SHADES OF US

United States

#5 Jul 21, 2007
WE COME IN A VARIETY OF COLORS!
wezl

Milledgeville, GA

#6 Jul 21, 2007
please give him some $$$$ cause next year when noone knows who he is he'll need it..
huh

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jul 21, 2007
It's just amatter of time before someone really shoots him.
Look Deeper

Loganville, GA

#8 Jul 21, 2007
NRB wrote:
I saw that ad on MYSPACE. 50 Cent needs to prove it was him considering 'they' all look alike.
"they" all may look like alike,but that does not deter 20 year old white males from buying 70% of the music that "they" make, or the teenage white females from showing up front row at "thier" concets or sneeking up to there hotel rooms after the concert. I'm the one who drives the darling females home after "they" are done woth them.
Music

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jul 21, 2007
Give him a fair settlement for his ability. One dollar.
Bigger Worm

Americus, GA

#11 Jul 21, 2007
I have seen the add and it's definitely a jab at him. There's also one of the President and several others. Regardless of personal character (Which I do not support, but believe no one has the authority to codemn), he has a real complaint and it should be considered. For those of you that post comments, I like to believe that you possess some ability to express thoughts more eloquently than the racially charged, and unflattering contributions you've made here. Whether we can identify who you are or not, you should have some pride.
bjlowe

Stone Mountain, GA

#12 Jul 22, 2007
Bell wrote:
<quoted text>
"they" all may look like alike,but that does not deter 20 year old white males from buying 70% of the music that "they" make, or the teenage white females from showing up front row at "thier" concets or sneeking up to there hotel rooms after the concert. I'm the one who drives the darling females home after "they" are done woth them.
That's so true and then the kids come out lookin like them so don't hate just get with a sister. LOL
ProudtobeLib

Smyrna, GA

#13 Jul 22, 2007
50 cent is my baby daddy....
Literate American

United States

#14 Jul 22, 2007
It seems more than a bit ironic that someone whose songs include "Fully Loaded Clip," "Gunz Come Out," "I'm Supposed to Die Tonight" and "That Ain't Gangsta" (not to mention "Surrounded by Hoes" and a plethora of other songs with mysogonistic and gun-related lyrics) would be so personally offended by a game featuring violence and rappers, whether or not the image is actually his own. On the other hand, this is but another chance for 50 Cent to seek to make money off of the promotion of gun violence...so perhaps it is not so ingruous after all.
Look Deeper

Loganville, GA

#15 Jul 22, 2007
NRB wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont doubt it. But it is because MTV has brainwashed the youth into thinking that blacks are equal and can be trusted.
When white girls get AIDS or knocked up by some 'black buck' or a white teen gets shot or stabbed due to hanging out with some 'brothas', suddenly diversity aint really our strength but our downfall.
I garatee you the CEO of TV does not look like 50 cents.. Here is alittle more knowledge for you " All DNA Comes from africain DNA" Luv ya my brother
word

Cartersville, GA

#17 Jul 22, 2007
I dont care for him at all and is far as im concerned his name is his worth as a person....HOWEVER!!! as far as him needing money he just made 400,000,000. off of selling water. Dont think he'll ever need money
wezl wrote:
please give him some $$$$ cause next year when noone knows who he is he'll need it..
Gail

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jul 23, 2007
wondering wrote:
50 cent is a musician? What instrument does he play?
Music what do you think its a lot of musicans that sing and dont play intstruments. Hello wakeup
tinyjane

New York, NY

#21 Jul 23, 2007
SUE THEM!
ybnorman

Crestview, FL

#22 Jul 26, 2007
Did Fifty-Cent find this out on his own or did some one tell him about this banner ad? Some thing said about about "b-a-d h-a-i-r IT people"
hdhgkjbvfnjh

Wishaw, UK

#23 Mar 5, 2008
wit are u on about 50 is a good singer
mikey

Knoxville, TN

#24 Mar 5, 2008
He's called fifty-cent? Kind cheap sounding to me. Thats chump change. You can't get much for fifty-cents, just like the noise he makes and calling it "music".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pet store in Palisades Center selling probable ... (May '10) Aug 18 Cathy 20
EXPECTING MOMS & DADS - Paid focus group $$$$ Aug 17 Momresearchlab 1
News Man Found Dead on Road in Marion (Dec '06) Aug 12 saddened family 15
Yonkers Music Thread (Jan '13) Jul 25 Musikologist 13
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Jul '08) Jul '17 Shinez NYC 107
bell ans chemical companyc (Nov '08) Jul '17 Leon hadley 12
News Rockland news in brief (Jun '11) Apr '16 Jennifer 2

Pearl River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pearl River Mortgages