'Rapids on the Reservoir' Closing

'Rapids on the Reservoir' Closing

There are 5 comments on the WLBT-TV Jackson story from Feb 29, 2008, titled 'Rapids on the Reservoir' Closing. In it, WLBT-TV Jackson reports that:

“Prices have gone up, (and) we have a competitive situation in Philadelphia that's hurt us a lot.”

Rankin County 02/25/08 'Rapids on the Reservoir' Closing Posted: A fixture at the Ross Barnett Reservoir since 1983 is closing. via WLBT-TV Jackson

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLBT-TV Jackson.

Val lynn

AOL

#1 Mar 28, 2008
Hello All Rankin County Residents:
My heart goes out to all the Kids and Teens that would have had fun at the Rapids for this summer. I just heard about it on the Radio 2 weeks ago and I am Sad that it is closing? Why is it closing!! We had so much fun there and it was close to home!! Now as they close and renovate it into something Else? I can believe after all this time that they are going to take it away from the Kids!!

My Son loved it since he was 7 and he still went with friends the last few years!! I am really sad this is happening and it is the only water park in the area. Now we will have to go miles and an hour away and right when the Gas is going to $4.00 a Gallon this year!! What bad timing!!

Well at least we got the Resevoir to rely on and I guess once or twice this year we will go to "Geyser Falls". Never been there and Guess we will now.

If anyone has info on why the park is closing! Please Email me and let me know!! It is really too bad!

So much for this summer anyway!!
Kyt112177

Cleveland, MS

#2 Apr 28, 2008
I really hate to hear that the park is closing. We had our family reunion there last year and it was a "blast"!!!
I had made plans to take my child there for her summer vacation. I have been to Geyser falls but I didn't enjoy myself because it is too big and the wait time to get on a ride is horrible. I think that it be too pack that you can't really enjoy yourself. Rapids was just right because it was small, but at the same time big enough to enjoy yourself.
I hate to see it go, but most of all i hate to tell my little girl that there won't be any "Rapids" this year or years to come.
Sarah

Olive Branch, MS

#3 Jul 6, 2009
I loved this water park.
Courtney

Meridian, MS

#4 Jun 15, 2010
I have been many times in my life. I hate that it has closed. I would like to know why it closed. this was my favorate water park. I never been to glaser falls. I would drive all the way to jackson to go to the Rapids. WISHED it was still opened.
Jocelyn

San Jose, CA

#5 May 17, 2012
Well I'm kind of late on this but I'm so upset to hear this! I lived in Mississippi for about 3 years when I was about 10 years old & I basically spent all my summers there. Now that I am much older, my family & I were planning on coming to Mississippi for the summer & I was looking forward going to rapids but I guess that won't be happening..... So upsetting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 shot dead, 1 wounded in front of Carthage Hea... (Mar '08) Apr 28 Unkknow 31
Shelly barnes Apr 20 Paul 1
Debate: Marijuana - Carthage, MS (Sep '10) Feb '16 Highly Disapointed 19
mississippi highway patrol on hwy 25: are they ... (Aug '08) Oct '15 Tyler 110
News Teen commits suicide at Stonewall MS (Jun '11) Sep '15 JIG 4
being black in leake county and harrassed by th... (Jul '08) Sep '15 Anonymous 37
News KKK to rally in Poplarville (Apr '07) Jun '15 Perry1488 223
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pearl River Mortgages