Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe

Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe

There are 433 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 2, 2007, titled Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The Search for Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe Images sent in by Star-Bulletin readers from around the world. via Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Ashlyn

Richland, WA

#21 Aug 30, 2007
wow....there are a lot of racist jerks out there. I am white...and it makes me sad to say so when I see shit like this. Though I love my family and who I am, My race in general is pathetic. I think we white people should be the ones getting yelled at here, not the hawaiians. we are the ones who stole everything and killed so many innocent people. If I had the choice to be another race...I probably would be. So anyone on here who is putting down the hawaiians should just fuck off.
But you know....it shouldn't matter where you come from in the first place. and it shouldn't matter what you look like, but quite pathetically, no matter who you are, in one way or another it does. okay? So at least TRY and like people for their personalities....not because they are a certain race.
It's depressing knowing that humans act as such....it seems children know more then adults these days. How many people one here are older then 20? probably most....well I'm not. yet reading those comments above make me feel a hell of a lot smarter.

grow the fuck up. The world isn't going to better itself on it's own...we have to get off out lazy asses and do something. okay?

and if you don't like the place, get out. obviouse duuuh dumb asses
kawaikapu

Pearl City, HI

#23 Aug 30, 2007
well, i dont want to join this sharade but i have no choice.. like braddha in richland said if you no like hawaii then get the hell off
Kapuamaeole Albino

Honolulu, HI

#24 Aug 31, 2007
I am not afraid to show my name! He Hawai'i au mau a mau a mau! I am a hawaiian, born and raised in Hawai'i on the island of Moloka'i. I also am of Haole background as well as portugese and american indian and for those idiots that don't know what hoale means, it means caucasion in hawaiian. You haole's are so quick to judge us and you don't even know us, call us uneducated, over wheight, useless, poor, and you think you know us. Well, if you did know us, you would know that we are well fucking educated, very wealthy, very loving, very beautiful people! You talk about our food, poi, I can tell you right now, our poi is way more healthy than those haole foods you eat, the oily hamburgers, those gross tasting organic shit that you actually think is natural but the farmers actually use fertalizer on them and you call us stupid and ignorant. I could say so much about haoles and their pilau that they take with them wherever they go. Some of you are talking all kinds of shit and are all living in Hawai'i, the fucking nerve you have. Please state your real name and address so that we can have have a hawaiian come knock on your door with a splintered paddle and fucking kill all you stink no like shower everynight, sunblock smelling, pink dick, pink pussy, red neck, ass smelling haole's. And one more thing, if hawaiians stuck with their food and ate only there food, they all would be thin and very healthy. But , the haoles came to Hawai'i with their oily fattening foods and all their disease and made some of us unhealthy and sick and again you still try to call us filthy, do your research haole's!
shurda

Kaneohe, HI

#25 Aug 31, 2007
Nick Kendall wrote:
I hate hawaiians. i want to kick little dogs into the rivers of hawaii.
i hate hawaiians.,,,,<./3
how do you know ever lived here am resident native Hawaians majority lazy group of people , so are micro nesians . Resident here answer if ever here you were a dumb tourist , Hawaiian eithere like you or hate you Nick also .
shurda

Kaneohe, HI

#26 Aug 31, 2007
kjamchater wrote:
Hell yes, I hate hawaiians, too. They come to the mainland and are poor, ignorant, scum-sucking morons. Ugh, I hate them.
you are scum un educated you need to worry on mexicans and vietemese
Grewty

Kaneohe, HI

#27 Aug 31, 2007
kanoa wrote:
first of all hawaiians aren't the only scum..I hate the mainland and all the haoles..wish I never left home..its no wonder no one likes u guys. Dont hate because people in hawai'i dont like you..just except it and leave our state.
what are you an Hawaiian or white , pHILEPENEO THE FLIPS CALLED HATE THEIR OWN PEOPLE , the Chiense donot like flips most all races canot tolerate the lazy ass Hawaiian native American Indian has more class , if not for tourist your state go downn,, Local Hawaiians want to collect goverment get a job no differnt then the Blacks . Flips work their ass of . POOR hAWAIIANS hope they die of heart failure such fat slubs only a fool would take a poor whale .
Grewty

Kaneohe, HI

#28 Aug 31, 2007
ulikebeef wrote:
Kanoa, stop being nice to these guys. These people are just jealous of the Hawaiian. It is true that haoles smell. I work in the tourist business and watching these lobsters turn from beige to red is funny. I don't think they know that they really smell, seriously. Not to far back the sewers in Waikiki broke and they ended up smelling their own crap LOL. Some haole decided to take a dive in ala-wai crap and died. Not are they smelly but they're as stupid as can get.
One day while driving these smelly people around Waikiki I noticed a couple haoles fishing in the Ala wai canal. This was just days after smelling they're own shit. These haoles had a barbeque hibachi stove going and were salt and peppering their fishes cooking them. Maaaaann, they were actually enjoying the mullet even while the Danger sign was posted all along the canal. In fukkincredible!
But the haole WOMEN??? Oh my god!!! They are gorgeous and LOOOOVE us brown Hawaiian men. I have an easy time getting laid nightly with white women. They do the nastiest sex west of the pecos man. And I give them a taste ofmy own shit...they LOVE it and come back for thirds!!:-)
The low life white trash , whitevwomen love money and power ,
KAWELOLEIALOHALA NI

Honolulu, HI

#30 Sep 1, 2007
OK FIRST OF ALL TO YOU IMMATURE ASS PEOPLE LIVING IN HAWAII...TO ME THEIR IS NO SENCE IN YOU TALKING SHIT ABOUT US HAWAIIANS...YOU TALK ALL THAT SHIT ABOUT OUR FOOD ABOUT THE WAY WE LIVE BUT YOU LIKE KNO WHAT...IF IT WASNT FOR THE WHITE PEOPLE THAT CAME TO HAWAII AND BROUGHT ALL YOUR FAT ASS FOODS THAT HAS NO TASTE...AND YOU SO CALLED HEALERS THAT OUR PEOPLE WENT TO FOR HEALING...THE ONLY REASON THEY WENT TO THE WHITE MAN IS BECAUSE THE WHITE MAN IS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT THE SICKNESS...MAKING OUR KUPUNAS THINK THAT THEY DIDNT HAVE THE CURE...MAKING OUR PEOPLE THINK THAT OUR GOD'S WASNT STRONG ENOUGH...SO TO ALL YOU f***ING IRRATATING F***S GET OFF THE ROCK AND GO BE WITH THE REST OF THEM HATING ASSES...
AND BY THE WAY TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE NAME ITS HAWAIIAN....HAHAHAHA...
Molokai Raised

Mililani, HI

#31 Sep 1, 2007
Its hard to believe all of the non-sense! Dont any of you racists have class? Any sense of dignity? Your RACIST BECAUSE YOUR IGNORANT. None of you have lived here, nor have the heritage. Caucasian people are not innocent either, and not even the other races can say theyve never done anything. IT DOESNT MATTER! Live your lives and grow up because life isnt about putting other people's heritage down.
Haunani

Mililani, HI

#32 Sep 2, 2007
Why the hate towards Hawaiians? Why the hate against any race? So one person or one group of people does something bad are you people are going to chose their race to hate instead of that person? Sounds really mature.

And how do you people know that it's the 'Haole's' that are making the racist comments? Could be another group.

Seriously I understand that everyone is mad because of the racial hate that some ignorant people are making but don't fight hate with hate. If you're proud to be Hawaiian then stand strong and show everyone that the Hawaiian's aren't 'scums' or what ever those people wrote earlier. Don't stoop to their level and throw petty insults to people who have nothing better to do than throw worthless insults to a group of people because they are ignorant!

And all of you who are saying that Hawaiian's are scums who are you to talk? Do you think that your race is superior than others? There is no better race. No one is perfect. Each race has the good, the bad, and the ugly. So stop with the racist comments!

Stop spreading hate!

ALL OF YOU GROW UP!
Molokaiian

Pearl City, HI

#33 Sep 2, 2007
I understand what you saying but if they no like Hawaiians then get out of Hawaii...
Estee

New Kensington, PA

#34 Sep 2, 2007
I know who I am and where I come from!!! I am Hawaiian! When I am asked what I am...Hawaiian is what I say. I know most Hawaiians that can find who or where they come from...going back 4 or 5 generations...most white people are either, well white! What kind?...they probably don't know. I doubt their kids have no idea where their grandparents are from or great-grandparents even. See, my kids are part white, Hawaiian, Japanese, Portuguese and Filipino. I know exactly where they come from. I can go back a couple of generations. I just hope to your satisfaction that you are comfortable being who you are...being white! Oh and no pun intended ah LOLO!
Kawipoo

United States

#35 Sep 2, 2007
ulikebeef wrote:
Kanoa, stop being nice to these guys. These people are just jealous of the Hawaiian. It is true that haoles smell. I work in the tourist business and watching these lobsters turn from beige to red is funny. I don't think they know that they really smell, seriously. Not to far back the sewers in Waikiki broke and they ended up smelling their own crap LOL. Some haole decided to take a dive in ala-wai crap and died. Not are they smelly but they're as stupid as can get.
One day while driving these smelly people around Waikiki I noticed a couple haoles fishing in the Ala wai canal. This was just days after smelling they're own shit. These haoles had a barbeque hibachi stove going and were salt and peppering their fishes cooking them. Maaaaann, they were actually enjoying the mullet even while the Danger sign was posted all along the canal. In fukkincredible!
But the haole WOMEN??? Oh my god!!! They are gorgeous and LOOOOVE us brown Hawaiian men. I have an easy time getting laid nightly with white women. They do the nastiest sex west of the pecos man. And I give them a taste ofmy own shit...they LOVE it and come back for thirds!!:-)
You are an idiot. Those aren't white women they are gay hawaiians dressed as women. Since half the Hawaiians guys are gay there are not enough fat brown women to go around.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#36 Sep 2, 2007
All you posters ought to go spend awhile in HI, beyond the tourist tour. Then, if you look closely, leaving off your reflexive liberal blinders, you will see for yourself
Timo FROM KAILUA

United States

#37 Sep 3, 2007
You know, all you "Hawaiians" out there, you folks really are ignorant... Anybody who lives in the state of Hawaii is Hawaiian... All this fricken' b u l l s h i t and random hodgepodge about "having the blood makes you Hawaiian..." HAH!!! Stick your stupid theory up your stuck up lazy asses because you know what your plight was done to yourselves... I'm from Kailua and I'm proud to say that I am an AMERICAN!!! LIVING IN AMERICA!!!
Timo FROM KAILUA

United States

#38 Sep 3, 2007
And this is directed to ESTEE... Who the hell cares who came before me 5 generations ago?! The fact of the matter is that they're dead and I'm not... And besides, they probally were way more well off then yours... I'm sorry if it offends you but the truth hurts... So stop your bitching and all this "HE HAWAI'I AU" crap because you're an American... GOD BLESS THE USA!!!
Timo FROM KAILUA

United States

#39 Sep 3, 2007
Kapuamaeole Albino wrote:
Please state your real name and address so that we can have have a hawaiian come knock on your door with a splintered paddle and fucking kill all you stink no like shower everynight, sunblock smelling, pink dick, pink pussy, red neck, ass smelling haole's. And one more thing, if hawaiians stuck with their food and ate only there food, they all would be thin and very healthy. But , the haoles came to Hawai'i with their oily fattening foods and all their disease and made some of us unhealthy and sick and again you still try to call us filthy, do your research haole's!
You know, Mr. Albino (ironic how your last name resembles the color white) that's exactly the attitude and gestures that we have been trying to tell everyone else about... It's your piss ass attitude and complaining about petty sized problems that drive people nuts!!! I mean come on, you want to come to my house which is by the way on 49-641 Oneawa St. in Kailua, HI 96734 and hit me with a splintered paddle??? Put your silly ancient heathen laws in the 'opala bin and get up to date... We all know that Hawaiians were the downfall to their own failures and it was Hawaiians that screwed other Hawaiians that led to the overwhelmingly favored take over by the U.S. So don't try and enlighten me with your rewritten history lesson and hustle me into shutting up because its just your people's fault they're not going anywhere... This is the United States of America whether you recognize it or not but that's just the way shit went down and is going down... MY NAME IS TIMOTHY McDANAHUE AND I'M FROM KAILUA, AND I'LL BE DAMNED NEAR STUPID IF I LET ANY SORT OF IGNORANT ASS COMMENT LIKE YOUR'S BE BELIEVABLE TO THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#40 Sep 3, 2007
Ashlyn wrote:
wow....there are a lot of racist jerks out there. I am white...and it makes me sad to say so when I see shit like this. Though I love my family and who I am, My race in general is pathetic. I think we white people should be the ones getting yelled at here, not the hawaiians. we are the ones who stole everything and killed so many innocent people. If I had the choice to be another race...I probably would be. So anyone on here who is putting down the hawaiians should just fuck off.
But you know....it shouldn't matter where you come from in the first place. and it shouldn't matter what you look like, but quite pathetically, no matter who you are, in one way or another it does. okay? So at least TRY and like people for their personalities....not because they are a certain race.
It's depressing knowing that humans act as such....it seems children know more then adults these days. How many people one here are older then 20? probably most....well I'm not. yet reading those comments above make me feel a hell of a lot smarter.
grow the fuck up. The world isn't going to better itself on it's own...we have to get off out lazy asses and do something. okay?
and if you don't like the place, get out. obviouse duuuh dumb asses
1) you are a self-loathing, guilt-ridden, knee-jerk liberal. 2)You have never spent sufficient time in HI to see below the tourist surface
Pancho Pete

United States

#41 Sep 3, 2007
i hate u timo, i really do.
Estee

Irwin, PA

#42 Sep 4, 2007
This is for "Timo from Kailua" You must be white, no pun intended...but, it's people like you that ruins the word "ALOHA" Yeah sure I am American and yeah God Bless the World...props there but, I did not choose to become an American it was handed to me with a slap in the face. I didn't choose and I say this again, to be an American...it was chosen for me. I don't see why you respond on the forum when all you do is get irritated. I mean it sounds like you get all riled up over what I said. You fill your comments with disgusting reponses. Does it bother you that much? Cause seriously, it doesn't upset me, we knew that there were people like you around. Do we care enough to get upset on a forum...nope. So does it upset you? You seem a little enraged with what we say. Poor you, I'm sorry you feel that way...but, all I can say is thanks I for your response and I hope you have a good day! And yes God Bless America!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iroquois Point Music Thread (Aug '16) Feb 1 Musikologist 3
News Costco will begin accepting food stamps - Hawai... (Oct '09) Jan 26 Joe Balls 572
I lived in Aiea 1968/70 (Oct '15) Nov '16 Reese 2
Pearl City Music Forum (Dec '12) Oct '16 Musikologist 11
choke vote for a hawaiian president (Dec '05) Oct '16 Francine 3
News Police / Fire - News (Dec '08) Oct '16 bill brown 5
News Every day an adventure for road test examiner -... (Mar '09) Jul '16 Jack 14

Pearl City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pearl City Mortgages