Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Dec 17, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nav

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jul 2, 2008
I recently had the displeasure of dealing with Bill Ramsey Inc to help a friend of mine apply for one of their rental units. The application process seemed pretty standard, no qualms there. The problem I had was when trying to get status on the application. For 3 straight days the receptionist would ask for my number and promise to call me back. Never happened. They were grew progressively terse and ruder each time.
I am a homeowner and also own a couple of rental properties. I've dealt with property management companies before - these guys just don't have their act together. The way they treated me is a pretty good indication of how they would treat my potential clients. My advice would be to look elsewhere. There are many better options out there. KFG Properties for one ( http://www.kfgpropertiesinc.com/ )
TCD

Waipahu, HI

#2 Feb 10, 2009
I live in a Bill Ramsey operated home right now. I am ready to move out now, largely because of Bill Ramsey's complete disregard for me as a tenant. I regularly get poor customer service, the house is in poor condition (problems that weren't revealed upon move-in), they are completely uninterested in making repairs, and they make decisions without any regard to their impact to me as a tentant. I do not recommend their business.
local family

Kihei, HI

#3 Jul 6, 2009
We rented from Bill Ramsey for 2+ years and didnt like the way they treated us didnt answer phone call or fix broken appliances in a timely fashion. Our manager Chantelle was very rude and had to make several phone calls before getting a reply.. Expected more from a local rental agency.
Local sistah

Euclid, OH

#4 Aug 14, 2009
We lived in a bill ramsey managed home for 8 years. Elliot was our manager and he was so nice the treated us with aloha.We also got to know Mr.bill ramsey,stephanie Salazar and Trisha ramsey. When our landlord decided to sell the home we were living in the tried their best to find a unit for us. They did and we are here today because of them. I am a single mother that was taking care of two children and a grandaughter it's because of them that I was able to house my family. Thank you bill ramsey Inc for being there when needed
Unhappy_Renter

Honolulu, HI

#5 Aug 30, 2009
I'm a little upset that I found this sight a little too late. I recently moved into one of Bill Ramsey's Properties and on the second night the plumbing backed up. I was pleased with the emergency service that was sent out, but very displeased with the bill they sent me to pay for the plumbing mishap. This was only the second night we had been in the unit and the plumbing backed up. This is an older house and the plumbing needs to be updated. I can hear the water running through the pipes when we turn on the faucet and when upstairs takes a shower. It's brutal! Now they expect us to pay for the repair that is due to old plumbing problems. Unprofessional and very disappointing when you are expecting a professional and fair rental agency.
Happy_Renter

Honolulu, HI

#6 Aug 31, 2009
I recently blogged about being upset with Bill Ramsey, INC for having billed me for a plumbing incident that had occurred in our rental. I addressed the issue with Bill Ramsey, Inc. the next business day and the assistant was very helpful and understanding. I am very pleased to know that my situation is being re-evaluated and that the assistant sounded apologetic that she had to bill me just as a "standard practice". I feel much better now and think that the rest of our lease will be lived out in comfort and security knowing that our realtors are fair and respond quickly to their tenants!:)
BILL RAMSEY SUCKS

Ewa Beach, HI

#8 Jun 8, 2010
Very rude from the beginning. They dont return phone calls because they are skechy and know they are doing something against the law. They are going to charge you for EVERY LITTLE THING for your security deposit refund, so if you do rent from them TAKE PICTURES! even then, they will charge you 500 minimum for repairs and cleaning fees even though you've cleaned thoroughly. BEWARE!!!! They will also charge you for appliances that break but are 100 years old and will blame it on you. You WILL pay for everything so dont even think about renting from them. TRUST ME!!
I wanted to rent from BP

Mililani, HI

#9 Aug 10, 2010
I would like to think all the previous tenants listed above for taking the time and commenting on this rental property service. I seen other properties managed by BRamey, and was thiking of renting properties from him...IT WILL NOT HAPPEN NOW!!!!!! Again, Thanks...
Rental Seeker

Honolulu, HI

#10 Aug 18, 2010
We are seeking for a place to rent and saw Bill Ramsey postings. Called and the rep and said because she is not certified she'll email me a listing of rentals and so she did. Saw one that caught my attention in Makakilo at the Mala Apartments and scheduled to show up for the show. The rep was very nice until the their rep who actually was there to open the home for show seemed like she was ready to get it over and her tone sounded very rude. I was ready for ALOT of questions but a couple of two was quite enough to push me out the door. Ohh upon going upstairs level there was a dead roach (huge one) on the rug in one bedroom ewww. I don't know but thanks for heads up to you all who had posted up here.

WILL SEEK ELSE WHERE!!!
Scott

Washington, DC

#11 Oct 25, 2010
Just got my bill for our move out of a BR property. Most of the repairs we requested on move in were never completed, and then we got billed for them! Awesome. 800 to "touch up paint", 1600 to replace carpet we requested be replaced. Strongly recommend you look elsewhere! This is how they make their money!
Slumlord Abuse Survivor

Ewa Beach, HI

#12 Nov 5, 2010
In my experience I have had no problems with Bill Ramsey when living in Hawaii.
My problem is with Lani Properties, they are the worst slumlords on Oahu, if you are a pet lover and you want to keep all of your valuables don't ever rent from them, they are the biggest liars.

Also I picked up a desease living there that put me on crutches and it took four different antibiotics to get rid of the bloody red blotches that appeared on my feet and legs, when you hear the name Lani Properties run like hell while you still can.

There is more on the link below:

Lani Properties Tenants Fall Victim To Predatory Slumlords In Hawaii

http://www.ripoffreport.com/homeless-shelters...
kenny

Sacramento, CA

#13 Dec 10, 2010
he scams a lot of others that he don't have no place to rent out, i know i was scam out of my money to come to honolulu hi back in oct26-2009 and may2-2010 and june14-2010. from the same dum person bill ramsey inc.

don't go for him. there is no rent control in honolulu hi.

i am from sacramento and i am a vet from vietnam war.
Slumlords Gone Wild

Honolulu, HI

#14 Feb 13, 2011
Slumlords run roughshod over the tenants in Hawaii, the laws here protect criminal elements, who no doubt rent substandard living conditions to the working poor.

Slumlords Raided in Hawaii

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TU1L1R4...
BEWARE

Waipahu, HI

#15 Mar 16, 2011
I think more people should express their opinions and/or complaints regarding the business practices of this company. I KNOW there are more, many more. The complaints I have read are typical of this company. It is a shame.
Pete

Waipahu, HI

#16 May 11, 2011
The rudest and most unhelpful property managers out there! Bar none!
Haroldeen De La Cruz

Ewa Beach, HI

#17 May 24, 2011
As Haroldeen De La Cruza recently previous tenant being screwed over by Bill Ramsey I must say that you should be grateful it is actually a blessing indisguise. I have rented from them for five years. I can tell you alot about this company that will probably reinforce your feelings about this company and will actually make you glad that you didn't get pass that process.
nav wrote:
I recently had the displeasure of dealing with Bill Ramsey Inc to help a friend of mine apply for one of their rental units. The application process seemed pretty standard, no qualms there. The problem I had was when trying to get status on the application. For 3 straight days the receptionist would ask for my number and promise to call me back. Never happened. They were grew progressively terse and ruder each time.
I am a homeowner and also own a couple of rental properties. I've dealt with property management companies before - these guys just don't have their act together. The way they treated me is a pretty good indication of how they would treat my potential clients. My advice would be to look elsewhere. There are many better options out there. KFG Properties for one ( http://www.kfgpropertiesinc.com/ )
Haroldeen De La Cruz

Ewa Beach, HI

#18 May 24, 2011
Thumbs up to you. Word of advice make sure they don't screw you out
out of your deposit and then try to charge you Extra. Plus if you are unfortunate like me and have Section 8 Assistance pray they don't make you lose it. Bill Ramsey doesn't pay his bills and it's even been said by one of his property managers. Which by the way is the reason it takes so long to get any repairs done. One more thing if they do your repairs make sure you take pictures. I had a recent bad experience where the handy man had to change one of my whole window frames. He ended up screwing up and instead of correcting it just put a wood pane as a jealouise. Now Bill Ramsey is trying to charge me for it.
TCD wrote:
I live in a Bill Ramsey operated home right now. I am ready to move out now, largely because of Bill Ramsey's complete disregard for me as a tenant. I regularly get poor customer service, the house is in poor condition (problems that weren't revealed upon move-in), they are completely uninterested in making repairs, and they make decisions without any regard to their impact to me as a tentant. I do not recommend their business.
Haroldeen De La Cruz

Ewa Beach, HI

#19 May 24, 2011
OMG you are so right. I recently moved out. They took my entire security deposit $1200 and is claiming I owe them $1325 more. Their breakdown $150 Haul Away,$75 Repairs,$975 Painting, and $1325 for Carpeting. When I moved out I had 7 people help me. There was nothing that needed to be hauled away. We painted the walls so why am I being charged for them to repaint the unit?? especially $975. Being charged $225 to haul away what? there was nothing left.The patch hole and crack in the front door. Ok first of all I lived there for 5 years they had to replace my front door a couple of times due to the swelling caused by the rain. Also there was a couple of times in which I was locked inside of my house and couldn't get out or I be locked out not able to get in. The second time they so called handy man changed the front door, all he did paint the front and not the back side of the front door. Not to mention My back door also had to be changed several times due to the rain eating the door. The back door was a special made door and only after the handy man explained to the owner that if they did not put something to protect the door they would have to continue replacing the door. The owner agreed and therefore my unit was the only unit with a home made something protecting the back door. I say this because after the handy man did it, I got a call from the property manager because I got complaints about the blocker. I had to remind the property manager Aloha that the blocker being complained about was put up by the handy man. In lieu of all this I don't mind take responsibility for the patch hole and crack in the front door. I just want to go on record saying that We filled the hole. Unfortunately I did not have time to paint it because I had to be out and I had to wait until the patch dried.As far as the so called Re-install living room screens thats a bunch of bull crap. I had some one rescreen every window in the house. The only window screen we could not put back up was on the right side because the handy man ended up replacing the entire Frame ( I think it's called. The part holds the jalousie in place and the cranks are attached too.)Any way the handy man ended up screwing up. The way he cut it if he put it in right you couldn't open the window. So instead what he did was make it so that instead of the last jalousie he put a wood pane. Now they are trying to charge me for it. Also there is such thing as normal wear and tear. I admit my only fault with the carpet is not being able to have it professionally clean. If I did it would of removed the three juice stains on the carpet. Which was the only problem with the carpet. In fact another person was moving out at the time and they lived there the same amount of time as me. Their carpet really was bad compared to mine. They had red dirt stain and Black oil stains etc. My carpet looked brand new next to it. Anyway instead of just having my carpets professionally cleaned and charging me $300 they instead took it upon themselves to recarpet and charge me $1325. I believe the only reason they did this is I have Section 8, They did not want to return my security deposit and because I have Section 8 and moved out on the 5th they have to reimburse Section 8 $798. Something they don't want to do.
BILL RAMSEY SUCKS wrote:
Very rude from the beginning. They dont return phone calls because they are skechy and know they are doing something against the law. They are going to charge you for EVERY LITTLE THING for your security deposit refund, so if you do rent from them TAKE PICTURES! even then, they will charge you 500 minimum for repairs and cleaning fees even though you've cleaned thoroughly. BEWARE!!!! They will also charge you for appliances that break but are 100 years old and will blame it on you. You WILL pay for everything so dont even think about renting from them. TRUST ME!!
Primo

Honolulu, HI

#20 May 27, 2011
Slumlord Abuse Survivor wrote:
In my experience I have had no problems with Bill Ramsey when living in Hawaii.
My problem is with Lani Properties, they are the worst slumlords on Oahu, if you are a pet lover and you want to keep all of your valuables don't ever rent from them, they are the biggest liars.
Also I picked up a desease living there that put me on crutches and it took four different antibiotics to get rid of the bloody red blotches that appeared on my feet and legs, when you hear the name Lani Properties run like hell while you still can.
There is more on the link below:
Lani Properties Tenants Fall Victim To Predatory Slumlords In Hawaii
http://www.ripoffreport.com/homeless-shelters...
This is very true.
So sorry to hear about your troubles there friend, and you are not the only one. Everything you say is true, I'm suing those bastards.

Lani Properties is by far the biggest slumlord in all of Hawaii. They make Bill Ramsey look like Sweet Polly Pure Bread. Diane the administrator lies for the sad freak she works for.

As the tenants and their children are kicked out onto the beach, her sneaky inbred cousins come in and steal everything in the houses after the 20 minute evictions are carried out by the badges that are worn by these gentlemen who are in the pockets by Lani Properties, who have paid them a fee for these nasty deeds.

How do I know this is true? anyone that want to challenge me, come on with your bad self.
I've got witnesses and proof, let's go to court Lani Properties, the cameras are waiting. YOU PUNKS!!!!! COME ON!!!!! I say to them.

More Complaints Against Slumlord With Declining Economy

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/T14KMU8...
Primo

Honolulu, HI

#21 May 27, 2011
Slumlords Gone Wild wrote:
Slumlords run roughshod over the tenants in Hawaii, the laws here protect criminal elements, who no doubt rent substandard living conditions to the working poor.
Slumlords Raided in Hawaii
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TU1L1R4...
They erased the post my friend. Why? because there was over a thousand posters on that board, at least three dozen of them were angry ex-tenants of the slumlords known as Lani Properties.

Come on Lani Properties, let's go to court. Call me a liar and I'll sue the pants of you scum buckets? what are you waiting for?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do you think michelle c t the real estate agent... Aug 25 Terry 1
Body Discovered with Stab Wounds (Nov '10) Aug 21 Opinion 36
Pearl City Music Forum (Dec '12) Aug 18 Musikologist 8
Police Officer Injured Trying to Arrest Suspect... Aug 14 Who are you 1
drunken, obnoxious ugly butch Aug 14 Mia 1
Aloha Sub opening four new locations on Oahu by... Aug 8 American_Infidel 1
Homelessness and roadways take priority Aug 7 Joe Balls 17
•••
•••
•••

Pearl City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pearl City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pearl City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pearl City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••