TheBus not braking for Furlough Friday - Hawaii News

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

TheBus is keeping its schedule the same on Furlough Fridays because it's too early to tell what impact furloughs for public school teachers and state workers are having on bus ridership and whether adjustments are needed, said Oahu Transit Services President Roger Morton.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
glenn paul

Johnson City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Good news about the Bus. We took it many times. Usually got on over on Kuhio Ave. Boy, the driver packed everyone on. Actually we had trouble getting off the bus as so many were packed on.
Moe Larry Curly

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

Thats a good idea because Yes there are some school kids that catch the bus, but many live within walking distance. We need the BUS for workers and tourist. One thing worries me about the BUS. There isn't a day that I do not run into a BUS accident somewhere. 3 years ago a BUS on King Street in Chinatown rammed me from behind and busted the heck out of the rear of my truck. The Bus driver acted like it was my fault and the damage was manini. He hit me from behind. I guess he did not want the cops to be called, but I had too make a accident report. The passengers on the BUS were all huhu (peeved off). Well I'm glad I did it because this BUS driver had many accidents before and when I got a estimate if was for $5,200. So much for the manini(small) part. Watch those buses and those drivers they are dangerous.
Lani

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

The state should offer a free bus pass to people going on unemployment. It wont cost TheBus or the state too much and the unemployment check will be spent more on local business instead of gas for big oil companies.

It might also help them get another job.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

State workers are still riding the bus on furlough days to visit friends and family. Not to mention hit the malls.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Kids who attend private schools depend on the bus service every Friday.
Stumpy

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Moe Larry Curly wrote:
One thing worries me about the BUS. There isn't a day that I do not run into a BUS accident somewhere. Watch those buses and those drivers they are dangerous.
Hawaii's bus drivers have one of the best driving records in the country. There are bound to be accidents with all those miles they drive, but we have a very good bus system nonetheless. I'm not a regular bus rider, but when I do ride, the drivers always seem to know what they are doing.
Been There

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Watch out for The Bus drivers on Kuhio ave. They routinely run red lights.
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

Stumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hawaii's bus drivers have one of the best driving records in the country. There are bound to be accidents with all those miles they drive, but we have a very good bus system nonetheless. I'm not a regular bus rider, but when I do ride, the drivers always seem to know what they are doing.
well said and they are kind to me
Realist

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

The Hawaii bus system is very good. A one month pass is 52 dollars and unlimited travel 24/7.

If you can tell time and read a schedule, you can travel more efficiently by bus for your commute than by car....and won't have to tend to the chore of driving.

You really can.

You will save on gas, time, and McDonald's.
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

i use the bus all the time....good system
Bus Rider

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Been There wrote:
If you are a bus rider... than sir or ma'am.... you yourself would know why they run lights. It's not on purpose... it's too many stops for a short distance.
Bus Rider

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Hey "Been There"... IF you are a regular rider, than you would know why they run lights... its not deliberate. There are too many stops in Waikiki. By the time a Big vehicle hits a commitement line.. they have to continue on with caution. If the driver should step on the break, the bus would most likely end up stopping in the middle of the intersection...(nonetheless, possible giving the riders a wipe lash) As for Moe, Larry, n Curly... these drivers are wonderful.. and there kind, and very excellant behind the wheel. Granted , you will come across a "Bad Driver".. So, looks to me it was your unlucky day, yet, its was our lucky day (rider's). Why? ONE less bad driver on the road,, one more day I get to work having a peacefull ride. Before you start putting down our City Driver's... look at the whole picture. This is Oahu.. not Maui, not Sussex.
Rider

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Well said "Bus Rider".... I work in Waikiki...I know what you mean.
wet alice

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

Been There wrote:
There are 3 bus drivers in Waikiki who likes to speed up on the puddles and splash puddle water on the people waiting on the sidewalk.
WhatEVAZ

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

this forum should be about how ridership has been affected, not how bus drivers drive. You dont like the driver... hell than dont get on the bus...If any of them did you wrong , Im sure that company has a department to deal with cry babies like yourselve. Come on people.. Tisk, Tisk , Tisk,.....
Stumpy

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

wet alice wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 3 bus drivers in Waikiki who likes to speed up on the puddles and splash puddle water on the people waiting on the sidewalk.
They must know who you are.
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Judged:

the bus drivers warmly welcome me late at night when returning from work. They like to talkk about life with ,me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pearl City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pearl City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••