Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

What happened to the spirits of aloha and ohana? As an isolated island the unique quality of a caring attitude seems to be fading in our representatives.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 110 of110
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
takezono

Kailua Kona, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

May I please change the subject? I'm not very interested in rail at all, although I feel its already been settled. However, I really think its a shame that the HSTA, the governor and the legislators seem to be holding our students hostage over furlough Fridays and contract negotiations. Why punish the youth because our leaders can't agree? Do you think leveraging our students to strengthen your bargaining positions is morally right?
Daniel

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

Judged:

Just a thought: Way back when they were building the H-1, my friends and I were at a park as they opened that section of the freeway. Granted, it didn't go very far so almost no one used it. With six lanes (three on either side) I couldn't see how sell that many cars to justify building it. Boy, was I wrong! Maybe the same thing could be said about rail. I know all the arguments about ridership and I'm not sure about affording it. But every time I'm on that the freeway, stuck in traffic, I keep thinking that at one time I never thought there would be that many cars (or people) on this island.
Can No Can

Kailua Kona, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

Judged:

Daniel wrote:
Just a thought: Maybe the same thing could be said about rail.
Daniel is travelling tonight on a train. I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain. I'll be taking the train some day too, to watch the Warriors at Aloha Stadium. Beats paying 5 bucks and waiting in traffic, then chancing DUI. I need the work too since my company is almost pau with Fort Weaver Road. You go, rail. Go, rail, go.
Joe The Vice President

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

Yo Tony!

Tony Locoscio!

Lingle's trip to China, trying to tap into a country with one fourth of the world's population is a total waste of time.

Some might argue that an increase in tourism will provide jobs and tax revenue to support are tiny government needs, but what do they know?

I say raid the Hurricane fund.

Hopey, Changey, lalala xoxo Big Joe
Joe The Vice President

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

Judged:

Regarding Rail;

Building a business that loses money, and requires a taxpayer bail-out every year, is sound Obamanomics.

Borrow and spend is the key to prosperity.

Deficits don't matter, they never have!

Government Healthcare will provide Wealthcare!

War is Peace!

Ignorance is Bliss!

Big Brother is Watching!

Big Joe needs a new speechwriter!
edward kelly

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Going to China to attract tourists is absurd.
In fact, advertising should only be in prime
Mainland areas on the West Coast....and all
on TV. HVB is playing Mad Men. Time for a
reality check in Hawaii.
edward kelly

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

In the Campaign Obama said NO MORE EARMARKS.
But Inouye didnt get the memo.
Politics.
Fair Play

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

willie wrote:
"But what hit me the most is that if we delay this project, it would only increase the cost, or worse, jeopardize over a billion dollars of federal money that could help us out of this recession."
Hello...that is not FREE money, it was TAKEN from the taxpaers on the United States. Of course the city does not HAVE it yet but yeah go ahead and start the project without it, Washington is afloat in cash at the moment.
You did hit the nail on the head with "create" jobs, we call that "make work" and guess what, they GET those jobs because they are picking the pockets of taxpayers to fund them. Leave the 5 or 6 billion in THEIR hands if you want to help the economy.
"The longer we delay, the more we're going to have to pay and the money could go away." Hey Mufi, how can it go away, you have NOT GOT IT YET......
You live in Michigan - why do you care. Let Oahu residents have a project that they voted for, City Council voted for, State legislature voted for, and congressionals got the money to pay for... We need choices besides get in your car and sit in traffic.
alice

Hanalei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Judged:

truth is, chinese could not care less about hawaii
fedupalready

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Fair Play wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in Michigan - why do you care. Let Oahu residents have a project that they voted for, City Council voted for, State legislature voted for, and congressionals got the money to pay for... We need choices besides get in your car and sit in traffic.
Yes we need choices, we need alternatives, but does it solve congestion? NO! Experts have already say that it's going to only reduce by 23% for a price tag of 5.4 billion plus. WOW Brilliant FAIR PLAY, go back to bed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 110 of110
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pearl City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pearl City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••