2 men face charges in fatal Mililani crash

There are 20 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jun 20, 2008, titled 2 men face charges in fatal Mililani crash. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Two friends are facing manslaughter and assault charges for a crash in Mililani last year that killed one passenger and permanently injured another.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
no race

Lahaina, HI

#1 Jun 20, 2008
I won't sign a petition to build a race track until that group backs noise inspections for cars and heavy penalties for street racers. Cowards!
Jew Blew

Honolulu, HI

#3 Jun 20, 2008
How many years did that drunk-@ss Haole boy serve for the horrible car crash near the Makapuu pier after he killed his friends and some tourists?
adobo

Honolulu, HI

#4 Jun 20, 2008
Stan da man wrote:
DeCoito's father was the police officer who made a suspect "bob for toads" in a canal many years ago. He also harrassed me at the Honolulu zoo for no reason. Unfortunately his stupidy rubbed off on his son and now has cost someone their life. Parents must break the cycle of ignorance or it continues for generations.
Wow I remember that incident. That was back in 1980.
Jew Blew wrote:
How many years did that drunk-@ss Haole boy serve for the horrible car crash near the Makapuu pier after he killed his friends and some tourists?
You mean Bucky Lake? I think it was only 10 years.
Keen Observer

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Jun 20, 2008
These two young men should be sued, but why should their parents? Both of these young men were of legal age at the time of the accident.

Why did you have to write "drunk **** Haole boy"? It reeks of racism and reflects poorly on you, Jew Blew.
bdbd

Hauula, HI

#6 Jun 20, 2008
Stan da man wrote:
DeCoito's father was the police officer who made a suspect "bob for toads" in a canal many years ago. He also harrassed me at the Honolulu zoo for no reason. Unfortunately his stupidy rubbed off on his son and now has cost someone their life. Parents must break the cycle of ignorance or it continues for generations.
bachi maybe?
MililaniOpinion

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 20, 2008
Low-lifes - they deserve long anf unpleasant prison sentences.
Sammo

Honolulu, HI

#8 Jun 20, 2008
I thought Tagalicod was the name of the bad cop/toad suspect.
JHaas

AOL

#9 Jun 20, 2008
Jew Blew wrote:
Actually, Bucky Lake was a local boy getting ready to leave for the military although I don't know how color plays a part in this. The two guys in Mililani were Filipino, any racist comments there? It's the ignorance of people like you that give Hawaii a black eye in the opinions of many people that come here to take in its beauty. Open your eyes and stop making such discriminatory commments. Save it for your family barbecue
adobo

Honolulu, HI

#10 Jun 20, 2008
Sammo wrote:
I thought Tagalicod was the name of the bad cop/toad suspect.
There were two HPD officers involved in the toad bopping incident. Bernard DeCoito and Francisco Tagalicod.
Hilo parent

Haleiwa, HI

#11 Jun 20, 2008
First, condolences to all involved. But here's a thought: I wonder if the Amorin/DeCoito parents will counter-sue, since the victims were minors and therefore their parents had a legal responsibility to ensure their well-being. I'm, of course, being facetious, but as parents we'd do best to monitor our own children's whereabouts (and friendships) instead of shifting the responsibility to others.
dadof3

Kaneohe, HI

#12 Jun 20, 2008
What scares me is that I put my family at risk every time we go on the road and I have no way of defending myself from murderers whose weapon of choice is the motor vehicle. Ethnic origin has NOTHING to do with it (more like drugs, alcohol, a skewed sense of entitlement, and the insufficiency of a certain body-part.)
k-girl

Honolulu, HI

#13 Jun 20, 2008
adobo wrote:
<quoted text>Wow I remember that incident. That was back in 1980.
<quoted text>You mean Bucky Lake? I think it was only 10 years.
It's sad when irresponsible people hurt others and keep on going without any consequences. The real reporters are the people on the street that really know these people.
Sometimes i wish the jury on these cases would be by people that know the suspects, i know the courts don't work that way but sometimes criminals get off because of that and defense lawyers.
My prayers go out to the victims and their families.
Law system

Princeville, HI

#14 Jun 20, 2008
Dont worry drivers because i have full faith that our system will let you go so that you can kill someone else!
My2cents

Waipahu, HI

#15 Jun 20, 2008
no race wrote:
I won't sign a petition to build a race track until that group backs noise inspections for cars and heavy penalties for street racers. Cowards!
You don't make sense. Having a track will give these drivers a place to race instead of putting innocent lives at risk by racing on the street. And what does noise have to do with it? Are you going to boycott all the stores who sell those parts?
Brown man

Silver Spring, MD

#16 Jun 20, 2008
Lock up up and throw away the keys.
Jonny

Honolulu, HI

#17 Jun 20, 2008
no race wrote:
A vast majority of the serious racers from Hawaii Raceway Park are against street racing and support stiff penalties.

The raceway allowed them to educate young people that racing belongs at the track and not on the street.
Keal

Pearl City, HI

#18 Jun 20, 2008
I'm happy that these men, very harmful to society, are in jail. They deserve a stiff fine/sentence for their actions. Thy're adults and very reckless. Let this be a lesson to all those who race on our roadways. I live in Pearl City and nightly, I do hear sounds of cars racing. They're so fast that by the time anyone calls a policeman, the perpitrator has raced away in the dust/night and cannot be found. Let's all help our policeman crack down on these individuals who have no concept of what they're infracting on our community. All of you out there, do know who the perpitrators are. There is such a thing as an anonimous call so that no one will know who called in the report. If it's your relative, be aware that you may be sued if your child/relative causes injury or death to others. You are subject to losing everything just because you're not reporting a relative who's behaving recklessly. God help you if you get caught up in a law suit over "Racing".
Honothelulu

Kula, HI

#19 Jun 20, 2008
Jew Blew wrote:
Bucky Lake, driving drunk, recklessly, speeding, overtaking cars, and laughing at pleas from one of his female passengers to stop (according to witnesses that saw him laughing while the female passenger was leaning out the window screaming), killed 5 people in a head on collision near Makapuu in 1988. He served 8 years and was paroled Nov. 13, 1996. He was charged with manslaughter and received a maximum 10 year sentence. Hopefully manslaughter carries a stiffer sentence in 2008. You get a lot more time for other crimes that do not result in death. These guys need to get the same sentence that officer Clyde Arakawa received for driving drunk and killing Dana Ambrose. They showed the same degree (if not more) of disregard for human life.
Honothelulu

Kula, HI

#20 Jun 20, 2008
Clyde Arakawa got 20 years. Bucky Lake should have been put away forever.
Kauai

Honolulu, HI

#21 Jun 20, 2008
dadof3 wrote:
What scares me is that I put my family at risk every time we go on the road and I have no way of defending myself from murderers whose weapon of choice is the motor vehicle. Ethnic origin has NOTHING to do with it (more like drugs, alcohol, a skewed sense of entitlement, and the insufficiency of a certain body-part.)
Yes, it is not ethnic origin...it begins at home. Most children now are raised in single parent homes. Some do not have discipline because the Mom and Dad are competing to be the favorite of the child(ren) or have issues of their own.(This is a general statement...I'm not saying all kids are.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can transit be done by 2012? (Dec '06) Sun Joe Balls 4
News HART acquired 34 properties for $70M along Hono... Mar '15 JBs Legal Age Dau... 14
News HPD chief assessed as above average in review Feb '15 American_Infidel 4
News Hawaii construction unions support bill to exte... Feb '15 Francine 2
News Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials (Jan '10) Feb '15 TheWayItReallyIs 37
News Pedestrian critically injured in Mililani Feb '15 Jack 10
News Popeyes opening sixth Hawaii location next month (Oct '14) Feb '15 Defenestrator 14
More from around the web

Pearl City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]