Costco will begin accepting food stamps - Hawaii News

Costco Wholesale Corp. said yesterday that it would start accepting food stamps from the 36 million Americans that use them at its warehouse clubs nationwide. Full Story
Obama sux Larrys scrotum

Ewa Beach, HI

#504 Oct 11, 2011
Balls da scammer wrote:
<quoted text>You have admitted again what a lowlife fckr you are and it is Illegal. You recive over $1,000 dollars a month in FS for your family and your commiting a crime buyng more at half price to feed yor animals. Balls you see nothing wrong with that shows me what a ignorant SOB you are. You are stealing from us TAXPAYERS. I hope someone that works for the Dept of Human Services starts a investigation into what you are doing azzhole.
Where did I say I receive anything from the government? Oh, that's right, YOU said it LOLOL @ Harry.
Abandoned

Kihei, HI

#505 Nov 6, 2011
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
your type of hate becomes worse during hard times
you may think it is ok to blab your mouth with whatever comes out --- but if you spent your life loyal to a company and you are thrown onto the street with no work and bad economy with a family to feed --- you would take the assistance too
you should ask yourself noend --- what have you done to contribute to our community (beside taking cheap shots at our brothers and sisters that have fallen on hard times)
True! I use to judge those on food stamps when I was out there working, struggling w a new born, running a business, taking care of a father, brother, husband, and my mother just had passed away from cancer and left me to handle her trust. Just one of those things were enough (like my newborn). Sad to say, I became totally disabled and unable to do anything for 5 years. The last 2 years I have been able to move about, but not what I was prior to my severe illness.

Now my husband has abandoned us, with a ton of unpaid bills, mostly in my name......sad to say, in the last five months, it has been he'll, and if were not for my faith and my child, I would not be seeking assistance. I was brought up to look at those less fortunate and to assist them.....now I feel sad that I too, am less fortunate, and spent many days crying my eyes out ob what to do....

I need to care for myself and my child, missed his elementary school hears because of my illness---I cannot ever get back those lost years, all I can do is live now. Do not judge others, is my mantra, for you never know, until you are faced with the same situation. I would not wish these circumstances on anyone!

Btw, I have worked hard for my family since I was a little girl---old school learning....to take care of your house first before you get to play. I never had a "childhood". It was all about taking care of others. Now I am allowing others to assist me, it is a hard pill to shallow, and a new way of thinking---call humility.
Abandoned

Kihei, HI

#506 Nov 6, 2011
Sorry for the typos---typing from a small phone
Joe Balls

Ewa Beach, HI

#507 Nov 6, 2011
Abandoned wrote:
<quoted text>
True! I use to judge those on food stamps when I was out there working, struggling w a new born, running a business, taking care of a father, brother, husband, and my mother just had passed away from cancer and left me to handle her trust. Just one of those things were enough (like my newborn). Sad to say, I became totally disabled and unable to do anything for 5 years. The last 2 years I have been able to move about, but not what I was prior to my severe illness.
Now my husband has abandoned us, with a ton of unpaid bills, mostly in my name......sad to say, in the last five months, it has been he'll, and if were not for my faith and my child, I would not be seeking assistance. I was brought up to look at those less fortunate and to assist them.....now I feel sad that I too, am less fortunate, and spent many days crying my eyes out ob what to do....
I need to care for myself and my child, missed his elementary school hears because of my illness---I cannot ever get back those lost years, all I can do is live now. Do not judge others, is my mantra, for you never know, until you are faced with the same situation. I would not wish these circumstances on anyone!
Btw, I have worked hard for my family since I was a little girl---old school learning....to take care of your house first before you get to play. I never had a "childhood". It was all about taking care of others. Now I am allowing others to assist me, it is a hard pill to shallow, and a new way of thinking---call humility.
You're an example of what food stamps were created for in the first place, and I wish you well. It's the druggies and generational frauds that go on and on, year after year, that need to be shut down. EBT cards just got charged this week, and last night we fed some little kids whose stamps were all spent on drugs already. The kids are living on Halloween candy. The parents are the people that need to be shut down. The cops were looking for Baby-daddy all week long for beating baby-momma, but last night they were all lovey-dovey again. The kids are the only ones that suffer. Next month it will be the same thing.
alice

Kaneohe, HI

#508 Nov 15, 2011
Costco treats its employees well. I respect that
Longs

Honolulu, HI

#510 Nov 15, 2011
If you don't mind buying in warehouse bulk.
alice

Kaneohe, HI

#511 Nov 17, 2011
I have seen food in that bulk
Walmart

Honolulu, HI

#512 Nov 17, 2011
They walk among us.
alice

Kaneohe, HI

#513 Nov 24, 2011
Too many are suffering on Thanklsgiving
Joe Balls

Ewa Beach, HI

#514 Nov 24, 2011
alice wrote:
Too many are suffering on Thanklsgiving

Not me!
MeBugg

United States

#515 Jan 9, 2012
I'm so sad to see the hate for ebt recipients. My husband and I have 6 kids. We NEVER had government assistance. We paid for our family and were rather comfortable financially. Our lives crashed unexpectedly. We HAD a savings.... but I didn't know how bad things were gonna get. I struggled to feed my family for 2 years before accepting ebt. My husband works 60 hrs a week. I have 2 autistic children who require a lot of work to help them. I applied for a grant to go to school for my RN but our p.o.s. governor froze the funds. I qualified but too bad for me.
We have a 2002 minivan with 200,000 miles on it. I fix it instead of buying new. I shop end of season sales and spend less on my kids' nice clothes than walmart charges for their trash so my kids look respectable but I spend SO little. I NEVER go out with my husband. I NEVER buy steak and such. Or soda, chips, gogurts, granola bars.....you know. Convenience foods.. too expensive.
But I receive food stamps. I use them wisely. I hurt when I pay with them. I'm a proud person and independent also. I know how you guys look at me when I swipe my card. I hate it. Nowadays many of us recipients are your neighbors. The savings a Costco membership can give my family will help a lot. I can save on every day items as well as food.
The attitudes I see here are devastating to people like me who had to swallow our pride for our family's well being. I hope the next time you see someone swipe their card, you just feel grateful it isn't you. Imagine the humiliation of paying with food stamps. It's humiliating to have to RELY on them even if no one else ever knew.
Just pause before you judge. I dress like crap now because I save every dime I can. Not because I'm scum. I have a hard time replacing my clothes BECAUSE I'm on food stamps and feel irresponsible buying clothes.
Hopefully this will give some people insight. We aren't all scum. Most aren't anymore. But I'm thankful for anything that saves me money. Like Costco
Jore Balls

Honolulu, HI

#516 Jan 9, 2012
MeBugg wrote:
I'm so sad to see the hate for ebt recipients. My husband and I have 6 kids. We NEVER had government assistance. We paid for our family and were rather comfortable financially. Our lives crashed unexpectedly. We HAD a savings.... but I didn't know how bad things were gonna get. I struggled to feed my family for 2 years before accepting ebt. My husband works 60 hrs a week. I have 2 autistic children who require a lot of work to help them. I applied for a grant to go to school for my RN but our p.o.s. governor froze the funds. I qualified but too bad for me.
We have a 2002 minivan with 200,000 miles on it. I fix it instead of buying new. I shop end of season sales and spend less on my kids' nice clothes than walmart charges for their trash so my kids look respectable but I spend SO little. I NEVER go out with my husband. I NEVER buy steak and such. Or soda, chips, gogurts, granola bars.....you know. Convenience foods.. too expensive.
But I receive food stamps. I use them wisely. I hurt when I pay with them. I'm a proud person and independent also. I know how you guys look at me when I swipe my card. I hate it. Nowadays many of us recipients are your neighbors. The savings a Costco membership can give my family will help a lot. I can save on every day items as well as food.
The attitudes I see here are devastating to people like me who had to swallow our pride for our family's well being. I hope the next time you see someone swipe their card, you just feel grateful it isn't you. Imagine the humiliation of paying with food stamps. It's humiliating to have to RELY on them even if no one else ever knew.
Just pause before you judge. I dress like crap now because I save every dime I can. Not because I'm scum. I have a hard time replacing my clothes BECAUSE I'm on food stamps and feel irresponsible buying clothes.
Hopefully this will give some people insight. We aren't all scum. Most aren't anymore. But I'm thankful for anything that saves me money. Like Costco
If you NEED it, by all means, use it. No-one is down on you for that. You're what the program is designed to serve.
Lone Wolf

San Ramon, CA

#517 Jan 11, 2012
Abandoned wrote:
Sorry for the typos---typing from a small phone
Hope things get better for you.
Alice

Honolulu, HI

#518 Jan 12, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me!
Not you hon you buy food stamps at 1/4 the price. Poor little kids are starving now.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#519 Jan 12, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>Not you hon you buy food stamps at 1/4 the price. Poor little kids are starving now.
I heard you were eating out of garbage dumpsters, probably ate a loaf of green molded bread heh?
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#520 Jan 12, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>Not you hon you buy food stamps at 1/4 the price. Poor little kids are starving now.
At least get it right, Harry, The going rate is 1/2 price. I'm eating some food right now that her kids probably would like to be eating, but too bad, so sad. Maybe they should just kill her and do us all a favor. They're headed for prison eventually anyways.
Alice

Honolulu, HI

#521 Jan 12, 2012
Stumpy wrote:
<quoted text> At least get it right, Harry, The going rate is 1/2 price. I'm eating some food right now that her kids probably would like to be eating, but too bad, so sad. Maybe they should just kill her and do us all a favor. They're headed for prison eventually anyways.
Harry is a figment of your imagination hon. Be careful you might choke and die eating some starving kids dinner.
TacoBell

Honolulu, HI

#522 Jan 12, 2012
*Burp*.
Lone Wolf

San Ramon, CA

#523 Jan 12, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>I heard you were eating out of garbage dumpsters, probably ate a loaf of green molded bread heh?
what would you say that for,i have eaten out of garbage dumpsters to survive and thats how it goes ,not molded bread but items which have reached there expirey date in sealed packages so f you
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#524 Jan 12, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>Harry is a figment of your imagination hon. Be careful you might choke and die eating some starving kids dinner.
Those "starving kids" are as fat as Easter pigs. Harry, why are you using Alice's name to post under? Afraid to take credit for your own posts, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
skype masturbation Dec 22 Rex13 1
Aiea Jukebox (Jun '12) Dec 21 Musikologist 15
Popeyes opening sixth Hawaii location next month Dec 7 Joe Balls 12
A welcome opening of Iroquois Point beach (Mar '08) Nov '14 Guru 60
!!!A Huge Breakout of Micronesian Talent Set to... Nov '14 Micro_Stompa 1
2 chains limit bulk rice purchases (Jul '08) Nov '14 Joe Balls 4
Car Towing scam Nov '14 Stypmann 1
Pearl City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web