HereTama Nui takes Heiva I Honolulu t...

HereTama Nui takes Heiva I Honolulu title

There are 25 comments on the The Honolulu Advertiser story from Mar 24, 2010, titled HereTama Nui takes Heiva I Honolulu title. In it, The Honolulu Advertiser reports that:

In front of a nearly full seating capacity, defending local Tahitian dance group Ia Ora O Tahiti Nui of Waipi'o nearly walked away with a second title but in the end it was the inspiring performance of HereTama Nui of Pearl City who claimed top honors at this years Heiva I Honolulu.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Honolulu Advertiser.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
snitches die ugly

Honolulu, HI

#21 Apr 28, 2010
i no care what you htn people say aways i that iotn should of walked away with everything
snitches die ugly

Honolulu, HI

#22 Apr 28, 2010
wat u HTN got nothing to say now????
corey from hilo

Mililani, HI

#23 Apr 29, 2010
first off i wanna just come out and say that all groups came hard and threw down correct...i was apart of iotn for the past two years and i thank them for the ride.

now lets get down to business.....i tried posting another blog on this site but forgot to type in the numbers from the bottom right.....to much thc lol.......

i wanna say that every body is entitled to their own opinions and they all will have their favorites at every competition....all these posts that i have read seems like its coming from outsiders that seem to me not involved in any of the groups. htn and iotn came and threw down and boy did they bang. so to me we should just all regroup learn our new oteas and aparimas and drumming and meet back at the shell and leave it in the judges hands. on top of all that have fun competing against eachother..

i have known all of the main people in the groups for years on end....all i am saying is why must we continue to verbally bash eachother ....why cant we be like before where we all sit and talk and sing and encourage and cheer on the other groups....especially when they are competing against your group.

what i am really doing is calling out to you leaders and the people of this tahitian world and say lets all stop the madness. lets all show the tahitian people that we have the love and respect of their culture and most of all one another.....

in closing i am speaking on behalf of myself and how i feel about all the things being said......i love this culture and it ranks up there ion high with the hawaiian culture where aloha or te here is present.....i have drifted away for many years and this culture has saved me from self destruction and has helped me with my family..........so please my brothers and sisters my uncles and aunties and most of all the most important teh tamarii.....lets all stop this madness.....

much love
braddah corey from hilo
aita' pea' pea'
xoxo

Honolulu, HI

#24 May 13, 2010
AHHHH STOP BEING SOUR. THAT'S WHY YOU GON' DIE SUUUUUPPPPAAAH UGLY!
vivetahiti689

Ewa Beach, HI

#25 Jul 26, 2010
iotn just neva know what was coming! too bad they all sour now!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I lived in Aiea 1968/70 (Oct '15) Nov '16 Reese 2
Pearl City Music Forum (Dec '12) Oct '16 Musikologist 11
choke vote for a hawaiian president (Dec '05) Oct '16 Francine 3
Iroquois Point Music Thread Oct '16 Musikologist 2
News Police / Fire - News (Dec '08) Oct '16 bill brown 5
big island helicopter let one million people di... Oct '16 hawaiiheli 2
News Colleagues, students honor beloved teacher - Ha... (Aug '09) Oct '16 Kevyn 12

Pearl City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pearl City Mortgages