Schools chief quits - Hawaii News

Schools chief quits - Hawaii News

There are 124 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jan 1, 2010, titled Schools chief quits - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

In a surprise move that was kept quiet for days, the head of the financially challenged state Department of Education has resigned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#123 Jan 3, 2010
Stumpy wrote:
Whatever they were doing in the fifties worked, so how come we don't just do it the old-fashioned way? It might be nice to read some job applications that are readable. Imagine kids, there really was a time when cash registers didn't have to have pictures on them. Not kidding.
Yes stumpy. And mail traveled by horseback and high tech was was morse code. Perhaps we should go back to that? I'd like to see you "talk" in that language.
Rubba Slippa Man

AOL

#124 Jan 3, 2010
Thank God, it's like a dream come true!!!!!!!!
alice

United States

#125 Jan 3, 2010
Funny how public education was so good for some 60 years or so of the 20th century and the budget was so small. Teachers used to care in those days though
Poi Boy

AOL

#126 Jan 3, 2010
A great way to start off the new year!!!!!!!! We need leadership at the DOE!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I lived in Aiea 1968/70 (Oct '15) Nov '16 Reese 2
Pearl City Music Forum (Dec '12) Oct '16 Musikologist 11
choke vote for a hawaiian president (Dec '05) Oct '16 Francine 3
Iroquois Point Music Thread Oct '16 Musikologist 2
News Police / Fire - News (Dec '08) Oct '16 bill brown 5
big island helicopter let one million people di... Oct '16 hawaiiheli 2
News Colleagues, students honor beloved teacher - Ha... (Aug '09) Oct '16 Kevyn 12

Pearl City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pearl City Mortgages