Thief picks up car's keys and speeds away - Hawaii News

There are 20 comments on the Dec 22, 2009, Honolulu Star-Bulletin story titled Thief picks up car's keys and speeds away - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

"The next thing you know, it was gone," said Justin, who asked his last name not be published.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
satch7

Honolulu, HI

#1 Dec 22, 2009
I would like to know how could his fiance's 16 yr. old brother afford to purchase a BMW even though its 12 yrs. old working at Taco Bell??
waimea jim

United States

#2 Dec 22, 2009
Here's a life lesson, don't lend your car out to anybody. You are still responsible for it even though it gets stolen, in an accident, or kills someone.

How is this guy Justin, going to make good to his fiance's brother.
sigh

Aiea, HI

#3 Dec 22, 2009
This guy has winner written all over his forehead.

Some of this stuff, you couldn't make up if you tried.
Big John-Hawaii Kai

Kailua Kona, HI

#4 Dec 22, 2009
satch7 wrote:
I would like to know how could his fiance's 16 yr. old brother afford to purchase a BMW even though its 12 yrs. old working at Taco Bell??
Maybe he had been saving his nickels and dimes for a very long time, or perhaps he's an independent businessman selling..........
My Backyard

Laie, HI

#5 Dec 22, 2009
satch7 wrote:
So you'd like to know, huh? Blue Book for a 1997 BMW 328i with a dented door is probably less than $5,000. Even a hard working 16 year old could save five grand.

What were you alluding to? A kid from Kalihi cruising in a Beamer. What gives him the right... Get over it and show some respect for other people. Its the holidays. Be nice; be thankful for what you have.
David

South Gate, CA

#6 Dec 22, 2009
Buy some pants with pockets!!
Really

AOL

#7 Dec 22, 2009
My Backyard wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd like to know, huh? Blue Book for a 1997 BMW 328i with a dented door is probably less than $5,000. Even a hard working 16 year old could save five grand.
What were you alluding to? A kid from Kalihi cruising in a Beamer. What gives him the right... Get over it and show some respect for other people. Its the holidays. Be nice; be thankful for what you have.
I bet it was really one of those candy-A** racing Neon or Honda cars with a BMW emblem. It was probalby already "HOT" anyway.
MGarcia

Waipahu, HI

#8 Dec 22, 2009
satch7 wrote:
...don't get all caught up with the name brand; after all, it's a twelve year old car..the question is, how does a 16 year old drive around with this car?, he couldn't possiblly have a valid license yet.
konakolohe

Kailua Kona, HI

#9 Dec 22, 2009
satch7 wrote:
Geez, the story is about losing the car, not how he bought it. Get over it.
Von

Aiea, HI

#10 Dec 22, 2009
Well, don do dat.
Lani

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Dec 22, 2009
How is it possible that someone can figure out what car in the parking match the keys? I can't even find my own car in the parking lot. Was he being stalked or it was someone who knows him?

My girlfriend has the same model of junk BMW. I wish someone would steal her broken-down status symbol. I am tired of riding in a car with windows that don't work.
Surfbot

Mililani, HI

#12 Dec 22, 2009
Pocketless basketball shorts....... i am familiar with the look. Usually indicates brainless, empty head.
hhhmmmm

Honolulu, HI

#13 Dec 22, 2009
How much was it insured for?
Oahu Resident

Honolulu, HI

#14 Dec 22, 2009
Is this news? Cars get stolen every day! Must be nothing going on in Hawaii Nei...
alice

Hanalei, HI

#15 Dec 22, 2009
i had a bike stolen...dangerous out there
Local fisherman

Waipahu, HI

#16 Dec 22, 2009
Lesson be learned: thieves are everywhere and take advantage of every opportunity. It's safe to assume that on Oahu someone nearby is ready to rip you off.

So stay alert.

Since: Aug 08

Kaneohe, HI

#17 Dec 22, 2009
What ever happened to the "3 strikes and your out" laws? As someone who has had cars stolen...

I vote for hanging or a firing squad.....
CWD

Kaunakakai, HI

#18 Dec 22, 2009
"How is it possible that someone can figure out what car in the parking match the keys? I can't even find my own car in the parking lot. Was he being stalked or it was someone who knows him?"

Re-read the story - according to the security video, the thief pushed a button on the key ring that flashes the lights when he found the right car.

Wish I had something similar, but 1988 Toyota Camrys didn't come with those amenities back then.
Malice

Honolulu, HI

#19 Dec 22, 2009
"The family's from Kalihi," said Justin. "We're not rich people."
then why get a car like that? how can you afford insurance and maintenance for a BMW ooooohhh! I bet you he neva get inshurens dats why they making cry cry.
next time instead of getting a flashy car just get something good enough, less risk
alice

Hanalei, HI

#20 Dec 22, 2009
dangerous out there..stay inside

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HART acquired 34 properties for $70M along Hono... Mar '15 JBs Legal Age Dau... 14
News HPD chief assessed as above average in review Feb '15 American_Infidel 4
News Hawaii construction unions support bill to exte... Feb '15 Francine 2
News Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials (Jan '10) Feb '15 TheWayItReallyIs 37
News Pedestrian critically injured in Mililani Feb '15 Jack 10
News Popeyes opening sixth Hawaii location next month Feb '15 Defenestrator 14
News Drivers urged to be safe Jan '15 kyrahwaiwaiole 1
More from around the web

Pearl City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]