Scott Dunn, Board of Supervisors
kidding right

Princeton, WV

#22 Sep 17, 2011
Don't they all have an agenda, its sad but true the western district always gets screwed. Don't know about the me person in dunn, but wouldn't bet againest it either. Sheriff, don't know I think it will be McCrosky, Lilly for the DA and if the other 2 weren't running unopposed, they would get beat 2.
taxpayer

United States

#23 Sep 18, 2011
kidding right wrote:
Don't they all have an agenda, its sad but true the western district always gets screwed. Don't know about the me person in dunn, but wouldn't bet againest it either. Sheriff, don't know I think it will be McCrosky, Lilly for the DA and if the other 2 weren't running unopposed, they would get beat 2.
I agree with you.
questioning

Princeton, WV

#24 Oct 9, 2011
I have been told that Dunn filed for bankrupcy. My question is -- how can he manage the county budget when he can not manage his own??
Really

Princeton, WV

#25 Oct 10, 2011
And, who would have told you that, there appears to be someone on here that is helping another one. Still sucking up I see, because you just tipped your hand.
Really

Princeton, WV

#26 Oct 10, 2011
There are a very few who would have been told that, and i was told by one of them, don't think much of it, its not my problem. They weren't sure if it was true, but they told me who told them, Hope they appreciate your help. Seems to me they are worried.
hmmmm

Glen Lyn, VA

#27 Oct 10, 2011
How could anyone vote for someone that is a county employee, MAJOR conflict of interest.

Doesn't his wife work for the school system too?

So what is he going to be able to vote on without a conflict of interest??? I mean the sheriff's budget and the school budget account for probably more than 70% of the county's budget!

Also heard he took bankruptcy. If he can't handle his own finances, I surely don't want him voting on my tax dollars!

And since it takes so much "extra" time to take care of a dog (His 6 months of comp time off) How does he even have time to be on the BOS?

I'm sorry, there is absolutely NO WAY it would even think of voting for him......
Really

Princeton, WV

#28 Oct 10, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
How could anyone vote for someone that is a county employee, MAJOR conflict of interest.
So what is he going to be able to vote on without a conflict of interest??? I mean the sheriff's budget and the school budget account for probably more than 70% of the county's budget!
Also heard he took bankruptcy. If he can't handle his own finances, I surely don't want him voting on my tax dollars!
And since it takes so much "extra" time to take care of a dog (His 6 months of comp time off) How does he even have time to be on the BOS?
I'm sorry, there is absolutely NO WAY it would even think of voting for him......
Its not a major conflict of interest he just can't vote on certain things, what do you think they work 40 hours a week, that's not the case. BOS meets twice a month, I am sure he can dig up some comp time for that lol. If you think it is then WOW, and as for the bankrupcy not sure about that, if you want to know call and ask him. I see the lines have been drawn, but do feel free to call him and ask if its true.
not really

Princeton, WV

#29 Oct 10, 2011
Hey Really, you are the one who probably started this site, and if so, you have to take the good with the bad. We the people are just trying not to get any more bad!! We have had enough. The problem is, why would he be spending so much money to get a small paying job? If nothing else, you should wonder about that! He already takes half a year off for comp time for feeding a dog- what will he take off for a 5 hour meeting? I pay to much taxes as it is now. Do not need to pay someone's salary when they won't work. I can't believe Millirons is letting him slide. He must want to pad his budget to get them both a raise. If Millirons doesn't win, he only has to thank his # 1 man!!
Okay WOW Not really

Princeton, WV

#30 Oct 11, 2011
No, I am not the one who started this site, don't know who started it, And if Scott wants to be on the BOS then he needs to take a vacation day. And, if Millirons wasn't paying attention then that was his fault. But, when asking what anyone would want with such a low paying job, well its called control, and here again Scott can not vote on his own office's budget, at least he shouldn't be allowed to but this is Giles County. And as far as paying to many taxes LOL you have no clue how many do nothing and get paid for it. You are worrying about Scott, well you can mark money on it, my opinion is that when an offices close for 3 days, every week, holidays that most don't get, you know those pesky presidents, and accumulated comp time, do you think he is the only one, and the pay that some get, it is public information, then you really need to get right on that if you think that you pay too many taxes then you really will get an eye opener on the rest of what your taxes pay for. LMAO
goosie

Pembroke, VA

#31 Oct 13, 2011
Big John wrote:
Is this the same Dunn that is a deputy sheriff? I really don't know but can a county employee sit on the board and actually vote on county issues? Just wondering about conflict of interest issues.
That didnt matter on the coal ash issue, why should it matter for anyone else?
goosie

Pembroke, VA

#32 Oct 13, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
He couldnt do any worse than what we have on the board now, especially from the western end of the county...
Bob Marshal

Roanoke, VA

#33 Oct 13, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
I am so glad everyone has there facts straight. Call the county attorney or a private attorney and ask the question on what he can and can not do. I spoke with him and he advised that he can fully participate in all county goverment issues. J B Buckland can and his wife was a teacher during his political career, Lewis Webb can and his wife has been a teacher during his political career, Richard Chidister can and his wife is a teacher. There's a deputy sheriff in Bland County who serves on the Board of Supervisors. These only list a few throughout the entire state. If you actually knew what the budget was and how much it was, you would know your figures are wrong. It appears that he is rattling some cages. It appears that several people are concerned of him doing the job. I have known Scott for many years and he is straight forward and to the point. He is not afraid to let people know exactly what is the truth. I find it very disturbing that people can talk and lie about anyone or anything without knowing the truth. Scott is exactly what we need on the BOS, a watchdog. Someone to make sure that everything is above board. I do feel that some of these post are dirty politics. I am just glad he has not stooped to this level. That says alot about him. He is a good man from a good family who has dedicated his life to serving others. Scott I am with you and so are thousands of others. Goodluck and do not stoop to the level other people on this site have.
fry

Kinston, NC

#34 Oct 13, 2011
Outstanding reply, "Bob".
correction

Blacksburg, VA

#35 Oct 14, 2011
Bob, County attorneys can not vote on anything.
Bob Marshal

Blacksburg, VA

#36 Oct 14, 2011
correction wrote:
Bob, County attorneys can not vote on anything.
Haha! You still cannot understand. You missed the whole point of the conversation. Look into the past to understand true conflicts of interest. Is it a conflict for a board of supervisor to work for a company who is getting all of the county contracts. Is it a conflict for a board of supervisor to be a contractor and get county contracts. Is it a conflict of interest for a supervisor to use grant money for personal gain. I am not saying any of the previous people mentioned have a problem with making decisions but others have. Wake up. Do some homework and find out what is really going on with our tax dollars. Millions of them.
Leo

Newport, VA

#37 Oct 14, 2011
Who the hell cares? The sun always shines on the same dogs ass in Giles County. There are several concerns for conflict concerning Dunn. If elected he could do the job and make the right decisions, I support Dunn.
wondering

Princeton, WV

#38 Oct 15, 2011
Okay, so we have been in the news enough for the conflicts of interest. Sick of it, so why elect someone who will continue the same? Why not vote for someone who has nothing to gain, is not an employee of the county and not married to one. Vote Carlena Blankenship for a government that is not conducted behind closed doors. Vote for someone who has nothing to gain by being elected except to be a positive influence! Go Blankenship!
Judy

Newport, VA

#39 Oct 15, 2011
wondering wrote:
Okay, so we have been in the news enough for the conflicts of interest. Sick of it, so why elect someone who will continue the same? Why not vote for someone who has nothing to gain, is not an employee of the county and not married to one. Vote Carlena Blankenship for a government that is not conducted behind closed doors. Vote for someone who has nothing to gain by being elected except to be a positive influence! Go Blankenship!
good point and well taken... it will be a nightmare if dunn is elected because of conflict issues. i like the guy and he would probablly do a great job but why invite problems.
To Judy

Princeton, WV

#40 Oct 15, 2011
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
good point and well taken... it will be a nightmare if dunn is elected because of conflict issues. i like the guy and he would probablly do a great job but why invite problems.
You do know you don't live in the western district don't you. So please don't talk about why invite problems. There needs to be a change in this district, we aren't lucky enough to have who you've got running/
western end

United States

#41 Oct 20, 2011
I totally agree with marshal. Scott would be excellent for this position and he definitely has my vote!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sierra Clemons 8 hr Unknown 1
Shena Rainwater (Jul '16) 10 hr TommyTickle 17
Junior Donathan (Oct '10) Wed Nathan 217
BBT terminates one n who to follow... Jun 20 okay 13
Amy Buracker Jun 18 Curious 5
Bowman (Oct '16) Jun 17 Dumbazz 5
is there really a orgy group here? (Mar '16) Jun 16 lulz 18

Pearisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance