Baby dies in Richcreek

Posted in the Pearisburg Forum

angry

Blacksburg, VA

#1 Mar 16, 2011
I heard that people complained about disturbance on these people with the baby. Why did they wait until someone dies to do something about the well being of the other children now. Plus the baby had older places healing up. Why did they put baby back in there care anyway
sad

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2011
from news 7
RICH CREEK: Va.-- A seven month old baby is dead; her father is now behind bars, charged with murder.

Aaron Justin Edwards, 25 of Rich Creek, was arrested Tuesday in the death of his daughter Ella Dawn Edwards.

The Giles Co. sheriff's department first got a call for an unresponsive child on March 1. Ella Dawn was flown from a Giles Co. hospital to Roanoke Memorial Hospital, where she underwent surgery and spent a week in intensive care and on life support, according to the sheriff's department. She died Tuesday, March 8.

Hospital staff alerted police to the case, according to the sheriff.

After an extensive investigation, the baby's father is now facing second degree murder and neglect charges (cause or permit serious injury to the life or health of a child by a willful act, omission or refusal to provide necessary care).

"It took some time to do this. And all the information we have points to the father," said Giles Co. Sheriff Morgan Millirons.

Ella Dawn died from a traumatic brain injury, according to an autopsy. Older injuries that were starting to heal were also observed on the child, according to the sheriff.

"We very seldom ever see anything like this. Here in the NRV, there have been cases like this, but it's always that you read about it happening far away. This hit home. And I'm glad we don't see these," said Sheriff Millirons.

Aaron Edwards is being held without bond in jail.

The mother of the baby is not charged with a crime, although the sheriff says the couple's one other child has been removed from the home.
big papa

Blacksburg, VA

#3 Mar 16, 2011
If convicted, this guy should be hung in front of the Giles courthouse as soon as the verdict comes down.
angry

Blacksburg, VA

#4 Mar 16, 2011
the cops in Richcreek are as much to blame too cause it has been reported of abuse and screaming going on there reported anyway.
cooter

Newport, VA

#5 Mar 16, 2011
angry wrote:
the cops in Richcreek are as much to blame too cause it has been reported of abuse and screaming going on there reported anyway.
be mad at the sheriff's office it was out of the jurisdiction of rick creek. police can't help it if dept of social service returns the child. there was red flags all over this but blame the right people. me thinks the momma should have been charged also, she with held and wouldn't tell anything, maybe this child could have been saved.
mami2dos

Roanoke, VA

#6 Mar 16, 2011
Absolutely uncalled for. Baby's cry... if you can't deal with that don't have sex.
ummmm

United States

#8 Mar 16, 2011
cooter wrote:
<quoted text>
be mad at the sheriff's office it was out of the jurisdiction of rick creek. police can't help it if dept of social service returns the child. there was red flags all over this but blame the right people. me thinks the momma should have been charged also, she with held and wouldn't tell anything, maybe this child could have been saved.
how do you know that social services ever returned any kids to them or even ever knew these people before this??
exactly my point

Lewisburg, WV

#9 Mar 16, 2011
Millirons said it is unclear exactly what happened to the girl to cause her injuries. He said he believes her death wasn't intentional. You people who are bashing this family don't even know what really happened. I also do not know, I am not defending them but I do have to say this you were not there you do not know what took place. Child neglect yes that is very possible with injuries from back weeks ago and no one realized. However, who are any of you to sit there and judge these people and say the things you have????? Sometimes babies are cholicy and cry a lot maybe they didn't know her ribs were broke. God will deal with them as he will and does with every walking human being. I really don't understand you guys get on here and say horrible things about these people whom you don't know, but you will stick up for your drug dealing buddies. I just don't understand....Everyday I see people up and down my road, I know what they are doing, all jacked up on their pills or such getting in a car and driving it putting every person they pass at risk including small babies...How is that any better??? Ask yourself this...Do you really think deep down in your heart of hearts if they did do this to this baby do you really think they are not remorseful....?? Yes it is horrible what happened, but who are we to judge them, we do not know what happened, or what frame of mind they were in. Again I will say God will take care of this whatever happened. I pray for all of you to be able to just let him do that. Please stop thinking so evil it's not good for your soul.
dntbsoquick2judg e

Princeton, WV

#10 Mar 16, 2011
exactly my point wrote:
Millirons said it is unclear exactly what happened to the girl to cause her injuries. He said he believes her death wasn't intentional. You people who are bashing this family don't even know what really happened. I also do not know, I am not defending them but I do have to say this you were not there you do not know what took place. Child neglect yes that is very possible with injuries from back weeks ago and no one realized. However, who are any of you to sit there and judge these people and say the things you have????? Sometimes babies are cholicy and cry a lot maybe they didn't know her ribs were broke. God will deal with them as he will and does with every walking human being. I really don't understand you guys get on here and say horrible things about these people whom you don't know, but you will stick up for your drug dealing buddies. I just don't understand....Everyday I see people up and down my road, I know what they are doing, all jacked up on their pills or such getting in a car and driving it putting every person they pass at risk including small babies...How is that any better??? Ask yourself this...Do you really think deep down in your heart of hearts if they did do this to this baby do you really think they are not remorseful....?? Yes it is horrible what happened, but who are we to judge them, we do not know what happened, or what frame of mind they were in. Again I will say God will take care of this whatever happened. I pray for all of you to be able to just let him do that. Please stop thinking so evil it's not good for your soul.
you said exactly what i've been trying to say for the mostpart! people disgust me.
abc

Narrows, VA

#11 Mar 17, 2011
how in the hell is it the police fault that a baby is dead? that is about the dumbest thing I have heard on here. it is no different than when an adult gets hurt/killed, the person that did the act is at fault
mee

Roanoke, VA

#12 Mar 17, 2011
the sheriffe's dept had enough evidence to charge the father with 2nd degree murder and child neglect well this has to stand for something then they are asking for money for a good lawyer well i'm sorry i don't think they are going to get out of this. this is an innoncent little baby girl who didn't get to live her live. how could anyone be so horrible to a child. this is the most horrible thing that i believe i have heard of here i giles county for awhile. my god my heart goes out to miss ella. my god watch over u. so sad u left at a young age giles county is thinking about you and the people who done this will have their punishment in the court of law..RIP BABY ELLA
planter10

United States

#13 Mar 17, 2011
I just want to say that it is a horrible thing that has happened.....my ex husband killed his 10 month old daughter and as he said it was an accident he just wanted her to stop crying......WHAT THE F*** that is not an excuse if u can't handle having a child the get fixed and yed the mother lived their right she wasn't oblivious to the child abuse she should be locked up too.....if she wasn't doing the same.....my ex husband only got 16 years for what he did and jail is too good for him.......he should have gotten death because that is what she got....and she had the same death severe head injury.....people like that will rott in hell
the goose

Blacksburg, VA

#14 Mar 17, 2011
dntbsoquick2judge wrote:
<quoted text>
you said exactly what i've been trying to say for the mostpart! people disgust me.
Well, its like my old man use to say "if theres smoke, theres a fire somewhere"
real life

Blacksburg, VA

#15 Mar 17, 2011
angry wrote:
I heard that people complained about disturbance on these people with the baby. Why did they wait until someone dies to do something about the well being of the other children now. Plus the baby had older places healing up. Why did they put baby back in there care anyway
Sadly this is a common story. Immature kids in their teens or early 20s have kids when they are not mentally adults. Then they realize having a baby isnt like having a puppy, it takes 24 hours a day care.
planter10

Princeton, WV

#16 Mar 17, 2011
Their should be more of a punishment on people who do this.....their are so many people out their that want kids and can't have them and then you have people who have children with illness that dies and I rips their hearts out and then you have people like this that are stupid enough to kill their child......prison doesn't seem just enough for these cold evil people. So it is common and will continue to be if their isn't more done about it than what is being done to them......its eye for any eye.....so in turn it should be a life for a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tyler agee (May '11) 4 hr Truck man 64
County deputys 6 hr ridiculous 11
terri 11 hr okiedokie 11
brown boy with tattoos on his arm in giles Sun mrs_curious 1
Jason Hare (Jul '10) Mar 28 Listener 45
Pavingscams Mar 26 wonderful 2
The as#hole who burnt the house in the village (Sep '11) Mar 25 Whoooo weeee granny 101
Pearisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pearisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]