Anyone have someone come to your door...

Anyone have someone come to your door to sell cleaning supplies?

Posted in the Pearisburg Forum

shady

Princeton, WV

#1 Nov 6, 2012
A knocke don my door looking like he was a crack head. trying to sell me some organic cleaning supplies. he made me very nervous being a female home all alone. Just curious if he went to anyone else? he left my house and didnt stop at any of my neighbors weird.

Im concered for me an my children that this was some kind of scpe out my home thing to rob me or hurt us.

thanks
Wondering

Tannersville, VA

#2 Nov 6, 2012
Yes, a young black girl came to my house in pearisburg.i didn't leather in.
Shady

Princeton, WV

#3 Nov 7, 2012
We didnt let him in just was so weird, he seemed strung out and would cut me in a minute
Katz

Princeton, WV

#5 Nov 7, 2012
Called the paper he left and they said call the police if he comes back
Brothers keeper

Princeton, WV

#6 Nov 8, 2012
People just aren't friendly anymore are they. If they weren't black you wouldn't say shit. Let people try to earn a living without thinking there going to getcha! It's nice to see door to door salesmen again. Just like the old days.
get a grip

Princeton, WV

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Brothers keeper wrote:
People just aren't friendly anymore are they. If they weren't black you wouldn't say shit. Let people try to earn a living without thinking there going to getcha! It's nice to see door to door salesmen again. Just like the old days.
think you are over reacting, it didn't have anything to do with the color they are supposed to register at the sheriff's office, didn't, people who sold knew nothing about them, one looked strung out, now who said it was because of their color, you need to get a grip. Better yet, you help them earn a living, I don't care if they are purple, I am not letting anyone in my house. And if the strung out one steals, then whose shoe is on the other foot??????????
Shady

Princeton, WV

#10 Nov 8, 2012
I never said they were black? I said crack head, yes he was black so what if he was white id be just as scared. It was about 7:30 almost dark and he is banging on my door didnt look like someone id want to mess with.
He was like its dark and im black and he continued to ramble. Point is i dont think anyone should be selling bs cleaning supplies at nigbt . SHADY!
Wondering

Tannersville, VA

#11 Nov 8, 2012
I believe brothers keeper meant my statement. I just made a reference to a
Young black girl that came to my door instead of a guy. I certainly wouldn't
Have bought anything from anyone selling door to door, even if they were gold colored.

By the way, you're supposed to have a license to sell anything in the corporate
Limits of the town. If brothers keeper wants to buy things this way then maybe
They can post their name and address on here!!
Shady

Princeton, WV

#13 Nov 9, 2012
I was only trying to make people aware in town that this happened, it didnt sit well with me. These days people are desperate and home invasions happen, people scope out who they will rob, just being a cautious citizen. Blue black green it dont matter.
get a grip

Princeton, WV

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Shady wrote:
I was only trying to make people aware in town that this happened, it didnt sit well with me. These days people are desperate and home invasions happen, people scope out who they will rob, just being a cautious citizen. Blue black green it dont matter.
And, I for one thank you, I don't care what they are selling they will not be entering my home, the color doesn't matter either, I don't see color I see the person, if they want to sell to me they will be doing it outside and in the day light. If they have a problem with that then that is their problem. Just because people think it can't happen here, they better think again it can happen anywhere.
Shady

Princeton, WV

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Most def can happen here, pill head capital
Brothers keeper

Princeton, WV

#16 Nov 11, 2012
Yall a bunch a damn Giles county sissies. Turn out the lights the parties over. You people crack me up.
legit or not

Roanoke, VA

#17 Nov 12, 2012
She came to my door too. I'm in downtown Pearisburg. She was nice enough, even showed me the license she had from the town to sell stuff. Just the same, I didn't buy anything. Haven't tried calling the company yet.
Kind of reminds me of the Omega Meat guys that come around... Anybody deal with them? I wish we could get some sort of reassurance from the Police Department though.
Shady

Princeton, WV

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Giles? Anywhere it would be odd come on.
exactly

Washington, DC

#19 Nov 14, 2012
Yes and this was on the news as a scam in our viewing area.
worthy

Blacksburg, VA

#20 Nov 15, 2012
The young lady that came to my door was very polite and showed me her license that she had got thru the town of pearisburg. She wasn't forceful and was very sweet. I didn't see a male with her but she didn't seem to pose a threat. I never let her in but we talked on my porch. she seemed like she was really working and trying to make a living. She said they only excepted cash no checks or credit cards and you got your product right there on the spot.
Anonymous

Blacksburg, VA

#21 Nov 15, 2012
would not let them in.
Sunrise

Princeton, WV

#22 Nov 19, 2012
People heart my heart anymore. I wish the world was more of a loving place. But to try and stand up for you people is getting harder and harder. Please people change your hearts before it's too late. I love you all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Blue Ford 11 hr Curious1 5
angry wife 17 hr pezz 5
Why was the hottest MILF post taken down? (May '15) 18 hr Shes a s--- 14
Rod is gettin it in 18 hr Curious 2
I no who cheatn on whooooo (Oct '15) Wed curious 44
* Case against Millirons Goes to Trial * Apr 23 Wanted - New Sheriff 36
Ronnie Spicer is a snitch Apr 23 JusSaying 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pearisburg Mortgages