Unsolved Crimes in Giles County?

Posted in the Pearisburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Miami, FL

#1 Aug 5, 2011
I'm hoping to tap in to your memory banks a bit. I recall back in the 80's hearing of murders in the area. Women being found in abandon wells or some such thing. Does anyone remember anything about this? It came up in a conversation recently and I have always wondered if anyone had been arrested or if it remained unsolved. Seems to me that happenings such as this in a small area, would have triggered a bigger stirring. Or, maybe it did and I was too young to remember all of the details. Any info. would be of interest. Thanks all!
Well

Princeton, WV

#2 Aug 5, 2011
John Lafon was convicted and went to prison for that if I remember right.
yeah

Newport, VA

#3 Aug 5, 2011
John David Lafon was convicted of this crime but the girl that was found on Big Stoney Creek remains unsolved. I remember that they thought he also killed this girl but never heard anything else about it. Nobody was charged to my recollection.
wut bout

AOL

#4 Aug 5, 2011
What about that beautiful girl Kim, that Graduated in 82 from Giles? How many people thinks Brian Britts killed her?
yup

Princeton, WV

#5 Aug 5, 2011
for one its giles co. and we have a peice of shit law enforcemnet and nothing is gonna get solved. 2nd why even make a post about something so stupid? nobody cares...
sue

Pembroke, VA

#6 Aug 5, 2011
They are to busy out asking people if they put up a re-elect sign for the sheriff.
mountain girl

Princeton, WV

#7 Aug 13, 2011
I was a teenager during the 80's-I don't remember any women being murdered. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though. There was the boy and girl that was murdered up Wolf Creek in the late 70's. They put someone in prison for that one. And then you have the woman that was murdered in WV and dumped up Big Stoney in the mid 90's. Her husband murdered her. Then you have the girl that disappeared from the Blacksburg Marriott that was found in an abandoned cistern in the Eggleston area. That investigation was going like gang busters and rumor had it that it was a high ranking official who did it and then suddenly the investigation was dead in the water. You never heard anything about it and it was never solved. But if the one I was told who did it is correct- it will NEVER be solved. Giles county has always been a hotbed of murder, disappearing people and dumped bodies. This area is too remote, too many caves and too many people who know these mountains and hollers.
Curious wrote:
I'm hoping to tap in to your memory banks a bit. I recall back in the 80's hearing of murders in the area. Women being found in abandon wells or some such thing. Does anyone remember anything about this? It came up in a conversation recently and I have always wondered if anyone had been arrested or if it remained unsolved. Seems to me that happenings such as this in a small area, would have triggered a bigger stirring. Or, maybe it did and I was too young to remember all of the details. Any info. would be of interest. Thanks all!
yeah

United States

#8 Aug 14, 2011
That crime was solved. John David Lafon was found guilty and is serving life in prison.
mountain girl wrote:
I was a teenager during the 80's-I don't remember any women being murdered. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though. There was the boy and girl that was murdered up Wolf Creek in the late 70's. They put someone in prison for that one. And then you have the woman that was murdered in WV and dumped up Big Stoney in the mid 90's. Her husband murdered her. Then you have the girl that disappeared from the Blacksburg Marriott that was found in an abandoned cistern in the Eggleston area. That investigation was going like gang busters and rumor had it that it was a high ranking official who did it and then suddenly the investigation was dead in the water. You never heard anything about it and it was never solved. But if the one I was told who did it is correct- it will NEVER be solved. Giles county has always been a hotbed of murder, disappearing people and dumped bodies. This area is too remote, too many caves and too many people who know these mountains and hollers.
<quoted text>
Ace

Pembroke, VA

#9 Aug 14, 2011
yup wrote:
for one its giles co. and we have a peice of shit law enforcemnet and nothing is gonna get solved. 2nd why even make a post about something so stupid? nobody cares...
It's better than hearing about who is sleeping with who, bitching about the police, cyber bullying etc.
agree-disagree

AOL

#10 Aug 15, 2011
Mountain girl, your statement might be halfway true. You couldnt be futher from the truth. The part where you made that statement about Giles being a place for dumped bodies. Good gosh, you have some nerve. If you are that displeased with living in Giles, do us a favor an get the hell out. Dont get on here saying stupid stuff. It just makes you look like the idiot you are.Myself, im tired of you idiots getting on here down grading and lieing on Giles. To set the record straight, Giles is not, and has not always been a place of murder and dumped bodies. What a moron you are...
agreetoo

Newport, VA

#11 Aug 15, 2011
I was young when the girl was found in the cistern in Eggleston but remember it is true that John David Lafon is serving a life sentence for it. That i remember, but Giles is not a place of murder and dumped bodies. I also agree with Ace, better to stick to the facts than to get on here and bully people, make false allegations, and ruin their reputation when you dont know the facts.
hahaha

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2011
Sounds like somebody wanted to be a cop but couldn't cut the mustard
Hmmm

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2011
Does anybody remember when Mark guslers sister went missing? She was murdered, they found her car somewhere with blood in it, and that was a long time ago, and they never found her, ive heard alot of people say she is buried up big stoney, dont know if thats true, but it may be. No one was ever charged for it. Its very interesting it would be nice to solve that mystery!
so sad

Pembroke, VA

#14 Aug 17, 2011
Hmmm wrote:
Does anybody remember when Mark guslers sister went missing? She was murdered, they found her car somewhere with blood in it, and that was a long time ago, and they never found her, ive heard alot of people say she is buried up big stoney, dont know if thats true, but it may be. No one was ever charged for it. Its very interesting it would be nice to solve that mystery!
Knew she was missing, but never heard anything about her car being found with blood in it. Do you know that for a fact ?
Hmmm

United States

#15 Aug 28, 2011
Yeah i know that for a fact, i used to date his son andrew gusler and his dad mark told me that, But it was a long time ago when she first went missing that they found her car, Mark said they never found any other evidence after that, and yeah it is very sad, I saw a few picture of her and she was a beautiful girl. theres some sick people out there!
Wolf creek

Beckley, WV

#16 Aug 28, 2011
Murders in Wolf Creek never had an arrest.
Searching

King, NC

#17 Jul 24, 2012
Ok. In the early 60's there was a case that involved Drewey Blankenship and he was murdered. I was told it was put in a murder mystery book and I would love to see it he was my grandfather. Does anyone have ANY information about the case or the book. I dont know alot about the case expect that Gladys Blankenship went to jail for a short time for the murder.
Hmm

Princeton, WV

#18 Jul 24, 2012
I always heard it was a Falls that killed woman in the well.
searching

King, NC

#19 Jul 25, 2012
Searching wrote:
Ok. In the 1960's there was a case that involved Drewey Blankenship and he was murdered. I was told it was put in a murder mystery book and I would love to see it he was my grandfather. Does anyone have ANY information about the case or the book. I dont know alot about the case expect that Gladys Blankenship went to jail for a short time for the murder.
I stand corrected it was in 1949 or 1950
Erin

Princeton, WV

#20 Jul 28, 2012
agree-disagree wrote:
Mountain girl, your statement might be halfway true. You couldnt be futher from the truth. The part where you made that statement about Giles being a place for dumped bodies. Good gosh, you have some nerve. If you are that displeased with living in Giles, do us a favor an get the hell out. Dont get on here saying stupid stuff. It just makes you look like the idiot you are.Myself, im tired of you idiots getting on here down grading and lieing on Giles. To set the record straight, Giles is not, and has not always been a place of murder and dumped bodies. What a moron you are...
Its true been here all my life its a scary place

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Obama disrespect 23 hr who cares 3
Giles County Education 23 hr Yes 8
Kevin (Aug '13) Wed larry the man 72
snow a global warming nightmare Tue independant 3
Subsdies, Corprate Welfare & Military Waste! Jan 26 independant 13
girls in court Jan 24 Would like to know 4
wic, welfare, and ebt Jan 20 i know 75
Pearisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web