Twelve arrested in prostitution sting

Twelve arrested in prostitution sting

There are 21 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Dec 31, 2007, titled Twelve arrested in prostitution sting. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

Monroe police bring in twelve handcuffed suspects after a prostitution and drug sting in Union county. via WCNC-TV Charlotte

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Monroe resident

Mooresville, NC

#1 Jan 9, 2008
You know in Monroe, on certain streets, I've seen the city has posted signs declaring certain areas prostitution exclusion zones. I always crack up wondering what in the world was happening in Monroe 10 yrs ago that signs like that were needed...

Please tell me the prostitutes in the story were operating outside of the prostitution exclusion zone...:)
lynda buford

AOL

#2 Jan 14, 2008
just cant say enough good things about the police officers of monroe nc. these are the greatest
guys in the world and they do not receive enough credit for the wonderful work they do. everyday they put their life on the line for the rest of us
what a terribly tough job they have and think of the sacrifices their families make for them to go out into the streets everyday.
had it not been for the work of one particular police offer, Officer Bradley Evans , my daughter probably would not be alive today. God bless him and all the others that have been a Godsend to us.
Out of Monroe

Andover, NJ

#3 Feb 11, 2008
I left Monroe almost 10 years ago, thank GOD!

I was actually married to a Mexican, at that time the mexican community all knew eachother, there were spats, but not murder after murder, drugs, and prostitution rings.

The younger 2nd generation mexicans are a bunch of PUNKS! Their parents worked hard to give them a good life, and they return the favor by being a bunch of punk hoodlums & Hos!

Why is it that the Monroe PD arrests the same guys up to and over 13 times for DUI and these creeps are still out wondering the roads endangering innocent lives.

UNION COUNTY NEEDS TO BE STRICTER WITH THE MEXICAN AND OTHER HISPANICS. ARREST THEM AND DEPORT THEM!
formermonroenati ve

Lonoke, AR

#4 Feb 21, 2008
What the heck is happened to Monroe? I grew up there and moved to another state in the late 70's.
It used to be a great town, and now I see here there are areas designated prostitution exclusion areas? Oh my..........
BEVERLY SELLERS JOHNSON

AOL

#5 Feb 23, 2008
put the hookers in prison all day long. that is what they deserve. BEVERLY SELLERS JOHNSON IN MD.
Sick and Tired of It

Mooresville, NC

#7 Mar 2, 2008
Monroe and all of Union County has become a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants. When are we going to get the 287(g) program in place? Why haven't the Union County Commissioners ever addressed the problem of the county being overrun with illegal immigrants? They are crowding our schools, roads, hospital and of course the local Walmart. Seriously, something needs to be done. As a lifelong native, I am ashamed that Monroe and Union County has become such a safe haven for illegals. Something needs to be done - the sooner the better.
Sick and Tired of It

Mooresville, NC

#8 Mar 2, 2008
Could it be that the developer friendly commissioners don't want to acknowledge the problem? Perhaps it might cost the construction industry more to hire legal workers?
DofB

Matthews, NC

#9 Nov 26, 2008
Whats wrong with a man going out and finding someone to be with for the evening? If people would mind their own business and stop thumping bibles around here, life sure would be a lot more fun. At the least let legalize prostitution, think of the taxes! I am a single male, good job, happy with his life and would like to have a warm attentive body next to mine occationally. Whats the harm? We complain about the welfare payment, lets get real here.
alice

AOL

#11 Dec 8, 2008
I was just looking for a place to rent but after reading all this i think i will stay where i am thanks
to much violence

Matthews, NC

#12 Sep 4, 2009
there is to much violence in the streets people need to let the police department do there job there are far to many immagrants in monroe they destroy property they get drunk and fight they have no respect for themselves .they realy need to not cause so much trouble if they just did there jobs and not caused so much cauous in the streets yes let the law work things out
whats up

AOL

#13 Nov 2, 2009
who all was arrested for all this stuff. i've not heard any names.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#14 Nov 13, 2009
That town sucks...
Come to think of it

Mooresville, NC

#15 Dec 3, 2009
Yeah whats wrong with a little prostituion, a litte crime, a little drug element, a little vandelizing and a little etc.
to much violence

Matthews, NC

#16 Dec 3, 2009
i think there is alot wrong with not abideing by the law we are given .if you do whats write then you can sleep well at night .people need to listen to the law and try and get along .these are also gods laws .he did not say have all the violence you want we need more peace and joy in this world we live in
ssam

Waxhaw, NC

#17 Jan 7, 2010
Sick and Tired of It wrote:
Monroe and all of Union County has become a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants. When are we going to get the 287(g) program in place? Why haven't the Union County Commissioners ever addressed the problem of the county being overrun with illegal immigrants? They are crowding our schools, roads, hospital and of course the local Walmart. Seriously, something needs to be done. As a lifelong native, I am ashamed that Monroe and Union County has become such a safe haven for illegals. Something needs to be done - the sooner the better.
IF EVERYONE {FARM OWNERS!} WOULD QUIT LOOKING FOR CHEAP LABOR, THE MORE ILLEGALS ARE BROUGHT IN BY THEIR FAMILIES LIVING HERE! I RAISED CHICKENS FOR 5YRS AND TURKEYS FOR 6YRS AND FINALLY HAD TO GET SOCIAL SECURITY BECAUSE OF MED PROBLEMS FROM THIS WORK.OH! DONT GET ME WRONG ,I LOVE THAT WORK AND MADE ALOT FROM MY BONUS I RECIEVED EVERYTIME I SENT A GOOD FLOCK OUT WHICH WAS ALMOST EVERY 8 WEEKS!I MOVED AWAY FOR 10YRS AND JUST MOVED BACK!"I COULD NOT BELIEVE ALL THE MEXICANS THAT HAVE RELOCATED HERE {LEGAL OR NOT}!!!!NORTH CAROLINA HAS ENOUGH HARD WORKING MEN AND WOMEN, HIRE YOUR OWN PEOPLE AND KEEP "THE SOUTH" AN AMERICAN STATE AND SEND THE MEXICANS BACK HOME WHERE THEY CAN GET SOCIAL SERVICES IN THEIR OWN DAM COUNTRY!!!!
American

Clemmons, NC

#18 Jul 23, 2013
It's not getting any better that's for sure. What a sheethole it is.
Roger Rabit

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jul 29, 2013
Get em Sheriff!
Monroesux

Clemmons, NC

#20 Jul 30, 2013
It's a disgusting shame what a safe haven for illegals this town has become, trashy people attract illegals!

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#21 Jul 30, 2013
Monroesux wrote:
It's a disgusting shame what a safe haven for illegals this town has become, trashy people attract illegals!
I agree, people who tolerate illegal activity perpetuate illegal activity.
Jakelito

Union City, GA

#22 Aug 23, 2013
All of those ignorant people who think that mexican people are trash, they are completely WRONG... U can't blame the whole community for some or few bad Mexicans, thanks to them we are who we are now... They have raised our shitty economy n make us the most outstanding country in the world, thanks to their hard work, I'm married to a Mexican seƱorita n she has many more things to b proud of than our anerican females that can't cook shit... Viva Mexico they

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peachland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Helms (Dec '14) Sep 23 jjhgg 10
Vote for TRUMP Sep 22 hole in the wall 13
Illegal Drivers Sep 21 Mhelms 2
FHHS to change school colors and mascot Sep 21 graduate 3
News Electricians, roofers and plumbers have their p... Sep 20 Captain Yesterday 65
WW2 veteren's skull stolen from grave in Hickory Sep 20 luvnut 1
Rev. Donald Anthony Young Sep 20 Marla D 1

Peachland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peachland Mortgages