First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Northfork Resident

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Aug 10, 2014
On Northfork Road in Logan County there is a bad break in the road in the curve at Kathy's Trailor Park. Needs fixed immediately. No weeds have been cut on Northfork Road this past summer. Would hate to hear about a school bus wreck in this location that could possibly happen if the roadway is not fixed. It has been marked, but not fixed. Needs immediate attention! Horse weeds, tall grass, and hanging tree limbs are all over the little Northfork roadway. Please call department of Highways and tell them to fix these problems before a school bus is involved in a bad wreck. Thank You!
Question

Williamson, WV

#2 Aug 11, 2014
Not trying to be smart , because this does sound like a dangerous situation, but is Northfork in Logan County? What I am asking is , that when you go into North Fork off of Corridor G, you are in Boone County and also the Lincoln County line comes in somewhere.
Northfork Resident

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Aug 11, 2014
Northfork Road is in both Logan and Boone County. Mrs. Doty most likely knows this. I repeat. The area where the road is broke off is definitely in Logan County. Hate to hear a bus wrecked because no one from the state would fix it. Needs fixed ASAP.
2 posts removed
petey stink

Huntington, WV

#6 Aug 11, 2014
If it is so dangerous and you seem to be concerned. why don't you call the wv doh or the boe office. You would probably get a faster response than waiting on someone on topix to do it for you
JesusSaves

Logan, WV

#7 Aug 11, 2014
How does this relate to Phyllis doty? This is a DoH problem not a board of Ed problem.
Northfork Resident

Meadow Bridge, WV

#8 Aug 11, 2014
I have called the DOH. and they have not showed up to fix it you bunch of morons. Mrs Doty is the Superintendent for Logan County Schools and she has a little more influence than someone like me on certain things. Maybe if you morons had some kids that rode this bus you would then be interested in getting someone to fix it. Just trying to help.
JesusSaves

Logan, WV

#9 Aug 11, 2014
Mrs Doty has nothing to do with getting it fixed. All the board of Ed can do is change the bus route to not use the road if they feel it is too dangerous.
That said, having a bus transport kids to and from school is a privilege, not an entitlement. If you as a parent feel the road is too unsafe for your kids to travel via bus, take them yourself.
Before you go there, I have two children in school who usually ride a bus. If I as their parent feel something is unsafe for them to travel to/from school via bus, I transport them myself or keep them home.
Now I understand your frustration of the situation, however this is not Phyllis doty or the board of educations problem. Go through the proper channels to fix the problem. If DoH isn't helping you, take the issue up with your city/local government. If that doesn't help contact the DoH main office in charleston. Phyllis doty and the board of Ed are too busy providing educations for our children to be concerned with your bad road problem.
Northfork Resident

Belle, WV

#10 Aug 11, 2014
One call from Phyllis and the road might get fixed. This was my thought because it's a Logan County bus that will be traveling that road with a very precious cargo(children). Maybe you just need not to worry anymore about this road because you apparently don't understand the danger that is involved. You big jerk. Cannot stand people like you. Our bad road problem needs to be fixed. All students who ride a bus needs not to worry about a head on collision on their roadway because the Department of Highway is unwilling to fix a nasty break in the roadway. I just thought Phyllis needs to know about this problem. When it snowed last year Phyllis canceled school. Maybe she needs to cancel school for these students until this road is fixed and is deemed safe.
wheels on the bus

Prestonsburg, KY

#11 Aug 11, 2014
JesusSaves wrote:
Mrs Doty has nothing to do with getting it fixed. All the board of Ed can do is change the bus route to not use the road if they feel it is too dangerous.
That said, having a bus transport kids to and from school is a privilege, not an entitlement. If you as a parent feel the road is too unsafe for your kids to travel via bus, take them yourself.
Before you go there, I have two children in school who usually ride a bus. If I as their parent feel something is unsafe for them to travel to/from school via bus, I transport them myself or keep them home.
Now I understand your frustration of the situation, however this is not Phyllis doty or the board of educations problem. Go through the proper channels to fix the problem. If DoH isn't helping you, take the issue up with your city/local government. If that doesn't help contact the DoH main office in charleston. Phyllis doty and the board of Ed are too busy providing educations for our children to be concerned with your bad road problem.
You are wrong on your "entitlement" statement. You might want to read this.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/rpt/2012-R-0085.ht...
Northfork Resident

Chapmanville, WV

#12 Aug 11, 2014
Whatever. Just had the students on my mind and worrying about their safety. Apparently you are more worried about Crappy State Transportation Guidelines. Maybe if Phyllis knows how bad the Northfork roadway is then she could actually make a phone call to Earl Ray or someone who could help fix the road. Last year I witnessed a crying female bus driver on Northfork Road who had been hit by a speeding truck who did not stop after hitting the bus. No kids were on the bus at this time. The state or someone needs to fix Northfork Road before school starts. Roadside weeds need cut and this road break needs fixed. Take a drive up the old road Wheels on a Bus and you will see what I have been talking about.
1 post removed
petey stink

Huntington, WV

#14 Aug 12, 2014
Sure you don't want to call everyone morons one more time? 3 times is a charm. Everyone else is a moron yet you are on a gossip site begging for help on a road most know little about. Here's a news flash for you smarty pants, unless that road is sleeping with your neighbors husband or doing drugs, people on topix don't care. Get off your lazy ass and be productive. Go to the doh or keep calling. If you truly care, nag them until they fix it or give you an explanation of why it can't be fixed.
me

Longwood, FL

#15 Aug 12, 2014
Wow
Northfork Resident

Foster, WV

#16 Aug 12, 2014
To petey stink. Heard the old road is being fixed today and the roadside weeds have been cut. Listen closely moron petey. If you need to get something done in your area and it concerns the road just ask for some help from Phyllis Doty. Great lady in my opinion. Sure beats calling the DOH. and trying to convince them how bad the roads are in our area. Great day in Northfork. Don't tell me to be productive because you don't know me. Have worked full time since 1976 you smart ass. Sounds like I have accomplished my goals for this week. I will double check the break in the roadway before it gets dark. Sounds so wonderful to have a good road. As for petey stink you just need to take your meds and go to bed. Phyllis Doty is a really good lady. I'm sure she made a phone call for the road to be fixed. Goals accomplished. Goodnight!
petey stink

Richmond, VA

#17 Aug 12, 2014
Sounds like maybe a nerve got struck. I'm sure that road getting fixed has nothing to do with our lazy ass. And I never said anything bad about Mrs. Doty. You may want to use some of your free time taking reading lessons.
petey stink

Richmond, VA

#18 Aug 12, 2014
Your. Not our.
JesusSaves

Logan, WV

#19 Aug 12, 2014
Northfork Resident wrote:
Whatever. Just had the students on my mind and worrying about their safety. Apparently you are more worried about Crappy State Transportation Guidelines. Maybe if Phyllis knows how bad the Northfork roadway is then she could actually make a phone call to Earl Ray or someone who could help fix the road. Last year I witnessed a crying female bus driver on Northfork Road who had been hit by a speeding truck who did not stop after hitting the bus. No kids were on the bus at this time. The state or someone needs to fix Northfork Road before school starts. Roadside weeds need cut and this road break needs fixed. Take a drive up the old road Wheels on a Bus and you will see what I have been talking about.
You're calling everyone morons, but you're the one on a gossip forum asking the superintendent of schools for help with a ROAD problem.
Hi pot, I'm kettle. Nice to meet you.
Northfork Resident

Charleston, WV

#20 Aug 12, 2014
It's fixed. Things are all okay thanks to me and a few others. Give credit to those who believed a topix post was important. Give the Big Dummy Award to all the others. Ah, the power of topix. Jealous people need not to reply.
Jesus Saves

Belfry, KY

#21 Aug 12, 2014
No, but idiots like you multiply. N O B O D Y...C A R E S...
Goodnight.
petey stink

Clifton Forge, VA

#22 Aug 12, 2014
The only way anyone would give you thanks is if you were laying in the hole when they poured in the concrete. You didn't do anything and it's not getting fixed anyway. Good job trying to one up a stranger on an internet site. Maybe next time it will work out for ya ;)
Northfork Resident

Charleston, WV

#23 Aug 12, 2014
I believe I am the winner. Kudos to myself and nothing for you. Help society by staying off topix. I am the King of Topix. Apparently you did not know this until you got me mad. The King is retiring for tonight. Another great day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peach Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 41 min Analog man 11,607
One Word Game (Feb '10) 43 min Analog man 12,045
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 46 min Analog man 13,009
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 47 min Analog man 2,724
chapmanville pharmacy (Feb '14) 3 hr gibins 8
Morgan Morrison 5 hr belch 4
Mountain laurel and the politicians. 6 hr Justiceforallnky 10
More from around the web

Peach Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE