Cigarette blamed for Peabody blaze
A cigarette butt carelessly flicked onto mulch sparked the four-alarm fire that destroyed one building and forced hundreds of tenants out of their homes at The Highlands at Dearborn apartment complex.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at SalemNews.com, Salem, MA.
#1 Jun 3, 2008
To all smokers, I hope this is a lesson how carereless, ignorant, irresponsible behavior can ruin and disrupt lives of countless people. Share this with your smoker friends. Least you can do is put out your buts and certainly not discard them next to any property.
#2 Jun 4, 2008
Perhaps cigarette smokers that were disposed in the mulch, thought that the mulch was dirt.
This happens where I live too.
Add your comments below
|Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saugus (Aug '15)||11 hr||Karla M||29|
|Murder of trans advocate highlights the danger ...||Sat||Ozzie||6|
|Former dance studio at 280 Jefferson Avenue (Mar '15)||Jan 12||Bill||2|
|Question about various parks in Salem and who w...||Jan 8||Bill||1|
|Salem commons in need of renovations||Dec '17||Stephen D Clark||2|
|Make Schools Education Quality better, Share yo... (Aug '09)||Dec '17||Stephen D Clark||67|
|State Rep Wong (Jan '12)||Dec '17||Stephen D Clark||72|
Find what you want!
Search Peabody Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC