Eight of 10 Mass. congressmen vote ag...

Eight of 10 Mass. congressmen vote against defunding ACORN

There are 55 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 18, 2009, titled Eight of 10 Mass. congressmen vote against defunding ACORN. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

While the House voted yesterday to remove all federal funds from ACORN, just three days after the Senate took similar action, eight of the 10 Massachusetts congressional Democrats defended funding for the scandal-tainted community organization group.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kevin

Dracut, MA

#42 Sep 19, 2009
Of course the Mass reps depend on crooks like ACORN to get reelected.
Besides they help Barney Frank find his live in pro boyfriend.
Kevin

Dracut, MA

#43 Sep 19, 2009
ACORN gets caught red handed helping a pimp get a fraudulent loan to fund a child prostitution ring.
The Liberal defence? They are racists.
Funny the ACORNS were helping to sell mexicain children into sex slaverly.
To me any member of ACORN or anyone who defends them are racists. Would they support selling black children or white children into sex slavery?
Flash is Back

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Sep 19, 2009
Just more fraud,corruption and criminality from the elected monkeys in the Gay State.

You hire crooks,criminals and morons to run your State (90+% brainfart libtards) then you wonder why the Gay State is in financial ruin.

You just can't make this schit up folks, liberals really are the EFFIN' STUPID.
Ferb

United States

#45 Sep 19, 2009
Kevin wrote:
ACORN gets caught red handed helping a pimp get a fraudulent loan to fund a child prostitution ring.
The Liberal defence? They are racists.
Funny the ACORNS were helping to sell mexicain children into sex slaverly.
To me any member of ACORN or anyone who defends them are racists. Would they support selling black children or white children into sex slavery?
Just some information for you.

Acorn still eligible for billions in tax dollars?
http://www.wnd.com/...

Is the SEIU threatening Glen Beck, FOX and Conservatives?
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blo...

The Acorn scandal might have given the appearance of opening a can of worms but with 360+ names and/or layer organizations their demise is anything but assured.
sue

United States

#46 Sep 19, 2009
Bob B wrote:
I don't not think that the moneys should be taken away. Their is poor peoples that need the advise and the help to make a livin that these acorn people give to us.
No they a using you. They get millions of dollars and throw the poor people a few bucks. Just to make them look good. How much was the president of acorn making?
sue

United States

#47 Sep 19, 2009
SomervilleLTC wrote:
Perople that tend to use the term "moonbat" when talking about people thats not like minded with them are usually the dumbest people on the internet.
And I notice its always the right wing entremist and racists that uses the term.
They're not smart enough to form an opinion by themself, they just jump and kick out whatever their master told them to do and say.
Usually some [email protected] from a gun forum that just copied and pasted someone elses opinions while acting like they constructed an opinion.
typical masshole.
Goodbye Nikki

Acton, MA

#48 Sep 19, 2009
Folks, we have a choice next time around when we vote for our district U.S. Congressman and his name is Sam Meas, a fabulous alternative with a compelling story to Nikki Tsongas. Get to know him now and support his efforts, please!
http://www.sammeasforcongress.com/
Off track entirely

Acton, MA

#49 Sep 19, 2009
progressive wrote:
Acorn discussion topics are a great places for white racists to get together, and support each other's bigotry and hatreds. Acorn is a code word, for "let's get together and trash poor black people." no one who criticizes Acorn ever mentions the indictment and guilty plea of the Young Political Majors operative on voter registration charges - but that was a white GOP outfit, and they did illegal voting registration activities to benefit Republicans. The right-wing media, and even mainstream media, did not bother with that story. It did not fit in to the racist story-line.
Are you then saying you are a white racist since you've congregated here all the way from Iowa?? Check out this old article if you want to see what ACORN is capable of doing relative to voter fraud:

ACORN seems to be productive

If it is true that ACORN was able to create 15.1 million votes for the Obama campaign in 2008, perhaps we should hire them to conduct the U.S. 2010 Census.
Full Story: Lowell Sun
STUDENT AID

Hudson, NH

#50 Sep 19, 2009
Defund Acorn and apply all that money towards our students' loans for higher education. Stop feeding the low lifes who are drug addicts, hookers, alcoholics etc... good students deserve rewards NOT low lifes. Let them hit bottom and recover on their own. Stop perpetuating people to live unproductive lives due to vices.
fran

Lancaster, NH

#52 Sep 19, 2009
To many grants with Americans not knowing what's going on with there money. If you are knowledgable to know how to write it you will get it.
MoonBat Hunter

Lowell, MA

#53 Sep 19, 2009
sue wrote:
<quoted text>typical ****.
Sue...I bet your a moonbat and I also bet I have a better education than you....wanna bet?
Mink

Haverhill, MA

#54 Sep 19, 2009
If Nicki needs to check the definition of "despicable", just take a look in the mirror (that is, if it doesn't shatter immediately).
tired

Northborough, MA

#55 Sep 21, 2009
Craig wrote:
Rep. Niki Tsongas' vote is wrong. She continues to look like a stooge of Nancy Pelosi #who has a 28% approval rating#. It's time for Rep. Tsongas to start thinking independently and stop being a follower of Pelosi and Reid. It's time for her to act more like her husband.
What do you expect when someone whose only qualification for office is being married to politician.
KeithW

Mattapan, MA

#56 Sep 21, 2009
sue wrote:
<quoted text>typical ****.
Schooling is free in America

I see you missed out ....
yourmomsayshi

AOL

#57 Sep 21, 2009
would love to see all of the Mass. pols of the house of Reperzentin get removed. Not going to happen.
As well as all the state pols that voted to send a temp Sen. Seat holder to vote for ted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) 3 hr KickboxQueen 67
Make Schools Education Quality better, Share yo... (Aug '09) Sep 22 VIP seating please 62
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saugus (Aug '15) Sep 21 amelanchook 17
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Aug '17 Choices 71
Salem commons in need of renovations Aug '17 Park patron 1
Saugus Hilltop development and Our Issues (Mar '17) Aug '17 G dog 25
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... Jul '17 Mariosucks 3

Peabody Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peabody Mortgages