Fire chief: Fast-moving blaze acted '...

Fire chief: Fast-moving blaze acted 'like a blow torch'

There are 3 comments on the EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA story from May 30, 2008, titled Fire chief: Fast-moving blaze acted 'like a blow torch'. In it, EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA reports that:

Within minutes of sparking, fire engulfed one building of a large apartment complex off Dearborn Road yesterday, destroyed the building within hours and displaced approximately 700 residents in the complex.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA.

LaDonna Houston

Mount Sterling, IL

#1 May 30, 2008
I was very upset to hear that there was another fire at this complex. My daughter lived in the building that caught fire last year. Luckily she was not in the building at the time of the fire. Her and her fiance' moved into this building after the fire last year. She has lost everything including her wedding dress. She is to be married in 3 weeks back in Illinois where she is orginially from. I am just so glad that they are both okay but have some concerns about these apartment buildings.
Concerned Mom
edward

Haverhill, MA

#2 Jun 3, 2008
LaDonna Houston wrote:
I was very upset to hear that there was another fire at this complex. My daughter lived in the building that caught fire last year. Luckily she was not in the building at the time of the fire. Her and her fiance' moved into this building after the fire last year. She has lost everything including her wedding dress. She is to be married in 3 weeks back in Illinois where she is orginially from. I am just so glad that they are both okay but have some concerns about these apartment buildings.
Concerned Mom
I was taken hearing and seeing this story on tv when the fire happened...may they be blessed in their marriage and may this unusual set of happenings strengthen their bond for one another as they go forward with their lives.
edward

Haverhill, MA

#3 Jun 3, 2008
I was taken hearing and seeing this story on tv when the fire happened...may they be blessed in their marriage and may this unusual set of happenings strengthen their bond for one another as they go forward with their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eric burdon and the animals concert May 7 Eric 1
News Jean P. Hall, 87, of Westborough May 1 Coleman House Team 1
News Retirement Shock: Need to Find a Job After 40 Y... Apr 23 PGO 1
Rats issie in Saugus, MA Apr '18 Everett resident 2
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Apr '18 Cassie lav 72
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... (Apr '17) Apr '18 Mariosucks 5
News Lynn woman charged with prostitution again (Mar '08) Apr '18 Jasen walsh the slam 14

Peabody Jobs

Personal Finance

Peabody Mortgages