Mezze is moving to former Jaea s location

There are 19 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Mar 9, 2010, titled Mezze is moving to former Jaea s location. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

After 14 years on Water Street, Mezze Bistro and Bar is leaving the downtown for the former Jae's Inn at 777 Cold Spring Road, co-owner Nancy Thomas confirmed Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

you got it

Amherst, MA

#1 Mar 9, 2010
Congrats and can't wait!
epic

Saint Albans, VT

#2 Mar 9, 2010
This place will fail in NA. Most of it's customers are W-town, Hancock, or west end NA residents. Nobody is going to have a bunch of drinks then risk driving all the way back to W-town or Hancock from Curran Highway. Nice try, but nope.
just me

New Britain, CT

#3 Mar 9, 2010
epic wrote:
This place will fail in NA. Most of it's customers are W-town, Hancock, or west end NA residents. Nobody is going to have a bunch of drinks then risk driving all the way back to W-town or Hancock from Curran Highway. Nice try, but nope.
Read again ...Mezza is opening in the Le Jardin building on Rte 7! Perfect I can't wait ...
EK-NorthAdams

Rensselaer, NY

#4 Mar 9, 2010
Isn't the new location in Williamstown as well?

I didn't know Cafe Latino closed already, I had meant to try it but hadn't been able to yet. Mezze interested me but Cafe Latino seemed more in my price range. If Cafe Latino couldn't make it in the Mass MOCA complex, I would agree Mezze couldn't swing it in North Adams... but again, I thought the new address was still in Williamtown.

As a side note, I don't understand how Peebles is still open... I went in there once and could not afford those prices. It's not that the prices aren't fair, but just out of my range! And I know much of North Adams is in the same boat...
epic

Saint Albans, VT

#5 Mar 9, 2010
just me wrote:
<quoted text> Read again ...Mezza is opening in the Le Jardin building on Rte 7! Perfect I can't wait ...
You're right, I stand corrected!:)
mel

Latham, NY

#6 Mar 9, 2010
this place is cursed!! it seems like anything that goes in that stretch of road closes. hope they change the luck.
REALLY

Springfield, MA

#7 Mar 9, 2010
mel wrote:
this place is cursed!! it seems like anything that goes in that stretch of road closes. hope they change the luck.
"...The space had been home to the former Le Jardin Restaurant for about 30 years before housing Jae’s Inn..." And the curse is???
fox-free-zone

North Adams, MA

#8 Mar 9, 2010
mel wrote:
You don't know Nancy, obviously. She is a force to be reckoned with and I am so happy for them. Great view, lots of parking, unlimited possibilities. Congrats to Mezze! We can't wait!
EFG

Williamstown, MA

#9 Mar 9, 2010
Peebles is a nice alternative to Macy's. Saves time and gas in driving to the mall.
Dick

Albany, NY

#10 Mar 9, 2010
If they want to provide "superior" service to patrons why don't they (meaning everybody from the hostess to the waitstaff to the bartenders) stop being rude to them. The only thing "superior" about that place is the air of superiority that the owner and her staff carry around. I have seen nothing about that place that would warrant that kind of attitude.
EK-NorthAdams

Rensselaer, NY

#11 Mar 9, 2010
EFG wrote:
Peebles is a nice alternative to Macy's. Saves time and gas in driving to the mall.
You're absolutely right. I just can't afford either one :) And was just (pleasantly) surprised to see that enough in North Adams can afford it to keep it in business. I hope they stay for the long haul.
BFG

Williamstown, MA

#12 Mar 9, 2010
EFG wrote:
and shima is a good alternative to goodwill without going to curran highway.
EK-NorthAdams

Rensselaer, NY

#13 Mar 9, 2010
BFG wrote:
<quoted text>
and shima is a good alternative to goodwill without going to curran highway.
Is that what it is? Secondhand clothes? I wondered about it.
buy used save the earth

Williamstown, MA

#14 Mar 9, 2010
EK-NorthAdams wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what it is? Secondhand clothes? I wondered about it.
there is also that consinement place on eagle street next to the used toy store.
just a local

Queensbury, NY

#15 Mar 9, 2010
um... shima is not 2nd hand... they sell some 2nd hand maternity clothes but thats about it, the rest is natural toys and clothing for children, it's a great store, and I encourage you to check it out! As for Mezze's move, I hope the loss of the downtown foot traffic doesn't hurt them, Best Wishes!!!
omie

Delray Beach, FL

#16 Mar 9, 2010
the chains are off. finally something you can call your own.the family gathers under one roof the possibilities.-wow!!.mezze inc and staff is not rude, it is call confidence and desire to provide an experience to their loyal costumers.congrats ma (kinda gave it away ah?).plant, harvest, joji, table, that is what you were ment to do. good luck!!!
ps, ah chuck, you could have been a contender, now you just foxy
BAJJ

Albany, NY

#17 Mar 10, 2010
epic wrote:
Would you have a bunch of drinks in Williamstown and drive anywhere? Hmmmm.
possible

Williamstown, MA

#18 Mar 10, 2010
BAJJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you have a bunch of drinks in Williamstown and drive anywhere? Hmmmm.
there was cop from there who did that. he chose vt.
Adams22

Adams, MA

#19 Mar 10, 2010
mel wrote:
Oh, don't say that, they need as much support as possible and we all want them to succeed. I look forward to having a nice meal and cocktail on the nice deck they have there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doyon School in Ipswich chooses interim principal (Jun '11) Sun Ipswich watch dog 2
A Fun Night Out!!! Apr 29 Long live rock 1
News MA: MBTA Bridge Repairs to Shut Down Train Serv... Apr 12 Cool 1
10 Bennett Street Apr 8 Luis 1
Former dance studio at 280 Jefferson Avenue Mar '15 William 1
News Saugus recalls four selectmen from office Mar '15 Mei 1
News Fired Saugus town manager files whistleblower l... Mar '15 Mei 5
More from around the web

Peabody People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]