Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts in 2010?

Posted in the Peabody Forum

Comments (Page 221)

Showing posts 4,401 - 4,420 of4,670
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

http://markey.house.gov/issues/bp-oil-spill-0

"He was instrumental in getting BP to provide a live video feed of the crude pouring into the Gulf of Mexico. He also accused the oil giant of underestimating the scope of the spill."

Ed Markey is the one who exposed the big oil companies contingency plans where all faked and phony.

"57 days ago, in the dead of night, the worst environmental nightmare in U.S. history began.

The spill cam, requested by Congress, has brought the horror into homes across the country, as we watch tens of thousands of barrels of oil billowing into the Gulf every day.

For years, the oil industry swore this could never happen. We were told that technology had advanced, that offshore drilling was safe.

BP said they didn't think the rig would sink. It did.

They said they could handle an Exxon Valdez-sized spill every day. They couldn't.

BP said the spill was 1,000 barrels per day. It wasn't. And they knew it.

Now the other big oil companies, testifying in Congress today, contend that this was an isolated incident. They say a similar disaster could never happen to them.

And yet it is this kind of Blind Faith -- which is ironically the name of an actual rig in the Gulf -- that has led to this kind of disaster.

In preparation for this hearing, Congress reviewed the oil spill safety response plans for all the top five oil companies.

What we found was that Exxon, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Shell and BP have response plans that are virtually identical. The plans cite identical response capabilities and tout identical ineffective equipment. In some cases, they use the exact same words and made the exact same assurances.

The covers of the five response plans are different colors, but the content is ninety percent identical.

Like BP, three other companies include references to protecting walruses, which have not called the Gulf of Mexico home for 3 million years.

Two other plans are such dead ringers for BP's that they list a phone number for the same expert - a man who has been dead since 2005.

The American people deserve oil safety plans that are ironclad and not boilerplate.

We now know the oil industry, and the government agency tasked with regulating them, determined that there was a zero chance that this kind of undersea disaster could ever happen.

When you believe that there is zero chance of a disaster happening, you do zero disaster planning. And the oil industry has invested nearly zero time and money into developing safety and response efforts.

The oil companies amassed nearly $289 billion dollars in profits over the last three years. They spent $39 billion to explore for new oil and gas.

Yet the average investment in research and development for safety, accident prevention, and spill response was a paltry $20 million per year, less than one-tenth of one percent of their profits.

http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2013/01...

I don't GAS if he knows where Fitchburg is, this country needs someone like him, above tells you why!!!!
Raul

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Just another wrote:
http://markey.house.gov/issues /bp-oil-spill-0
"He was instrumental in getting BP to provide a live video feed of the crude pouring into the Gulf of Mexico. He also accused the oil giant of underestimating the scope of the spill."
Ed Markey is the one who exposed the big oil companies contingency plans where all faked and phony.
"57 days ago, in the dead of night, the worst environmental nightmare in U.S. history began.
The spill cam, requested by Congress, has brought the horror into homes across the country, as we watch tens of thousands of barrels of oil billowing into the Gulf every day.
For years, the oil industry swore this could never happen. We were told that technology had advanced, that offshore drilling was safe.
BP said they didn't think the rig would sink. It did.
They said they could handle an Exxon Valdez-sized spill every day. They couldn't.
BP said the spill was 1,000 barrels per day. It wasn't. And they knew it.
Now the other big oil companies, testifying in Congress today, contend that this was an isolated incident. They say a similar disaster could never happen to them.
And yet it is this kind of Blind Faith -- which is ironically the name of an actual rig in the Gulf -- that has led to this kind of disaster.
In preparation for this hearing, Congress reviewed the oil spill safety response plans for all the top five oil companies.
What we found was that Exxon, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Shell and BP have response plans that are virtually identical. The plans cite identical response capabilities and tout identical ineffective equipment. In some cases, they use the exact same words and made the exact same assurances.
The covers of the five response plans are different colors, but the content is ninety percent identical.
Like BP, three other companies include references to protecting walruses, which have not called the Gulf of Mexico home for 3 million years.
Two other plans are such dead ringers for BP's that they list a phone number for the same expert - a man who has been dead since 2005.
The American people deserve oil safety plans that are ironclad and not boilerplate.
We now know the oil industry, and the government agency tasked with regulating them, determined that there was a zero chance that this kind of undersea disaster could ever happen.
When you believe that there is zero chance of a disaster happening, you do zero disaster planning. And the oil industry has invested nearly zero time and money into developing safety and response efforts.
The oil companies amassed nearly $289 billion dollars in profits over the last three years. They spent $39 billion to explore for new oil and gas.
Yet the average investment in research and development for safety, accident prevention, and spill response was a paltry $20 million per year, less than one-tenth of one percent of their profits.
http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2013/01...
I don't GAS if he knows where Fitchburg is, this country needs someone like him, above tells you why!!!!
Right on man! One of my kids spills a drink at least once a month so I'm going to take your advice and buy $10,000 of paper towels so I'm prepared. You rock.
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Raul wrote:
<quoted text>Right on man! One of my kids spills a drink at least once a month so I'm going to take your advice and buy $10,000 of paper towels so I'm prepared. You rock.
Your kids spilled milk and hundreds of millions of gallons of Oil leaking into the water supply are comparable?

Why don't you find something to do with yourself besides jerking off here loser from Leominster?
Doink Rules

Stoughton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

No scence crying over spilled milk! Vote for Doink!!!
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Raul wrote:
<quoted text>Right on man! One of my kids spills a drink at least once a month so I'm going to take your advice and buy $10,000 of paper towels so I'm prepared. You rock.
Besides, you don't have children, everyone knows you're shooting blanks, just like you do here every day!
Tom A Hawk

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Have you ever owned a car that dripped a little oil? Let me guess, you carry handi wipes in your fanny pack, climb under the car and wipe the motor down right after you drive it. You're a good egg.
Civil Servant Supporter

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Just another wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, you don't have children, everyone knows you're shooting blanks, just like you do here every day!
Aren't you gay? Didn't we "meet" at the YMCA? I'm sure I know you.

Hit me up on Craigslist
Rennes

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Wong is a pig
Tom A Hawk

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

You can call me clueless But I disagree. Millions of cars and machines are leaking oil all over the world right now. What do you think China does with waste oil? They bury it in another country like Cambodia. What happens to your old oil after you get an oil change?

Oil is in everything. Just look at your computer. Do you think it's made from grass and a birch tree?

Some people freak out over one oil spill but they are pumping millions of gallons a day so you can have your keyboard and cry like a baby. Grow up.

Unless you are a bushman living in the Kalahari desert and living off hunting with a spear and picking wild berries you are as guilty as the oil company.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Ed Markey, aka Pond Scum, is a douchebag. To stoop to using the deaths of the Newtown children for political gain is despicable.
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

"Just look at your computer. Do you think it's made from grass and a birch tree?"

Um no I don't No, I think it's Silicon that is the main ingredient, you think it's made of Tar Sands?

Because evrything that uses Oil drips and so that means oh well, nothing we can do?

And you'd like to dismiss the BP Oil spill as nothing huh, it destroyed thousand s of family buisness' from Seafood, lot's of cute fuzzy fun huh!!

Idiot.
Civil Servant Supporter

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Just another wrote:
"Just look at your computer. Do you think it's made from grass and a birch tree?"
Um no I don't No, I think it's Silicon that is the main ingredient, you think it's made of Tar Sands?
Because evrything that uses Oil drips and so that means oh well, nothing we can do?
And you'd like to dismiss the BP Oil spill as nothing huh, it destroyed thousand s of family buisness' from Seafood, lot's of cute fuzzy fun huh!!
Idiot.
Obama doesn't think it was such a big deal.
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Civil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't think it was such a big deal.
Kind of a broad statement don't you think, what specifically are you referring to, how do you know Obama doesn't think the BP Oil spill was a "big deaal"?
Yeah man

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

If you think the BP oil spill was big. Try taking a swim in the Fitchburg Public pool on a hot day. In movies they toss a chocolate bar in the pool and everyone gets out. In Fitchburg if you toss a bar of soap in you get the same effect.
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Yeah man wrote:
If you think the BP oil spill was big. Try taking a swim in the Fitchburg Public pool on a hot day. In movies they toss a chocolate bar in the pool and everyone gets out. In Fitchburg if you toss a bar of soap in you get the same effect.

I thought that's where Leo-minster people went on their summer vacations to sit at poolside???
Jojo

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Yeah man wrote:
Leominster people are not allowed in the Fitchburg pool.
They swim in the Lawrence canals.
Joe dugooder

Uxbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Malden Resident

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

What does oil spills, paper towels, spilled milk and chocolate bars all have to do with Ed Malarkey?
Florida Retiree

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

It will be Sen. Markey very soon.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Folks, I know my opinion means nothing, I just like seeing my words in print online. You see, I'm a very lonely man as my wife is always out "entertaining" her gentlemen callers. I sit at home on my computer offering my opinion to anyone who will read it.

Anyone who frequented the old Whalom Park and ever had a dalliance with a young lady there probably met my wife. That used to be one of her most profitable spots.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,401 - 4,420 of4,670
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Peabody News Video

•••
•••

Peabody Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Peabody People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••