Two restaurants plant stakes in downt...

Two restaurants plant stakes in downtown Fitchburg - Sentinel & Ent...

There are 76 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from May 19, 2010, titled Two restaurants plant stakes in downtown Fitchburg - Sentinel & Ent.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Frank Gordon and John Ng said there's no reason to wait to open new restaurants on Main Street, because people still need to eat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Love Goomas

Spencer, MA

#71 Jun 9, 2010
I tried Goombas the other day, the wraps are huge and the pizza is delicious! Ill be back very soon!!
Janice

Spencer, MA

#72 Jun 9, 2010
I went to Goomba's today for the first time and I absolutely loved it! I bought a chicken wrap and it was so delicious. The meat was fresh, and the sandwich itself was huge.(I could only eat half of it.) Later on for dinner I brought my husband and kids there for a pizza and they were just as pleased as I was. I have no negative things to say about this place. Goomba's will definitely see more of me and my family.
gary

Spencer, MA

#73 Jun 9, 2010
it's about time we got some good food in downtown fitchburg. i give all my praise to goomba's.
john

Spencer, MA

#74 Jun 9, 2010
i worked in alot of restaurants in my day and sals had one of the cleanest kitchens going....im sure goombas will too. hearing all this ongoing buzz about this new place, i'll be sure to check it out asap.
Worcester Ma

AOL

#75 Jun 9, 2010
I noticed the clump of todays postings all have a Worcester address, you don't suppose they could be from one person do you?
Resident

Gardner, MA

#76 Jun 10, 2010
Worcester Ma wrote:
I noticed the clump of todays postings all have a Worcester address, you don't suppose they could be from one person do you?
Hah, I noticed the same thing. And they all praise Goombas. That's a heckuva coincidence, don't you think?

Hey, Goomba's employee or owner who is posting via a Worcester ISP, you're not fooling anybody.
Try Goombas

Templeton, MA

#77 Jun 11, 2010
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to nothing? More social services?
people always need to eat and people will continue to go out, especially when u can feed a family for $10.00
Resident

Spencer, MA

#78 Jun 12, 2010
the four consecutive posts from Worcester do seem a little fishy.

if it is super clean, it is only because they just opened. Give them time and they will slack like the others.
SaM

Fitchburg, MA

#79 Aug 1, 2010
I am very disappointed. I ordered a Chicken Parmigiana sub...and it is made with frozen chicken patties! Not even frozen breaded chicken breasts...frozen chicken PATTIES. GROSS!!!!!!!!!! We only use the finest freshest ingredients my foot. We also got a Goomba's Supreme pizza and it was o.k.....a little undercooked...but ok. But that chicken parm sub is just shameful. they literally should be ashamed.
Just Saying

Gardner, MA

#80 Aug 2, 2010
With all the other places opening and other pizza shops giving up in the area, It is a matter of time and Goombas will be just a flash. Here today - gone tomorrow.

Where are the days of good food? Instead of freezer to convection or freezer to hot grease?

People want to make money selling food, yet most could not cook their own. Instead they rely on prepackaged.

My theory is if you want to own a place - COOK and SERVE REAL FOOD
RICK

Gardner, MA

#81 Sep 1, 2010
GOOMBAS IS THE BEST PIZZA AROUND AND THE INTERIOR DECOR IS THE BEST......
fit fat

Gardner, MA

#82 Sep 1, 2010
talk about filth in restaurants, ever been to SS LOBSTER enough said
Phil

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#84 Sep 1, 2010
I would love to see a Moe's Southwest grill come to the area. I would be there ALL the time.

Since: May 10

Sierra Vista, AZ

#85 Sep 1, 2010
Remember the past when the pizza/sub shops were great. How about the old C & S Pizza on John Fitch? Great fresh meats for subs and great pizzas! There are still some of the family owned restaurants around the area serving great food. Now the chains are taking over and forcing out the small shops.
Hairy Harry

Marlborough, MA

#89 Sep 1, 2010
fit fat wrote:
talk about filth in restaurants, ever been to SS LOBSTER enough said
You got it. We can smell S & S down here in Marlboro. Have the waitresses "grown" any new teeth yet?

Since: May 10

Sierra Vista, AZ

#90 Sep 1, 2010
Voter wrote:
What small shops have been forced out?
C & S for one. Not familiar with all the shops of the past as I did not eat at most of them? Some have changed names and owners over the years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saugus (Aug '15) 11 hr amelanchook 17
Make Schools Education Quality better, Share yo... (Aug '09) Sep 18 Last soul 61
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Sep 6 kerri m 66
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Aug '17 Choices 71
Salem commons in need of renovations Aug '17 Park patron 1
Saugus Hilltop development and Our Issues (Mar '17) Aug '17 G dog 25
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... Jul '17 Mariosucks 3

Peabody Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peabody Mortgages