Two restaurants plant stakes in downt...

Two restaurants plant stakes in downtown Fitchburg - Sentinel & Ent...

There are 76 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from May 19, 2010, titled Two restaurants plant stakes in downtown Fitchburg - Sentinel & Ent.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Frank Gordon and John Ng said there's no reason to wait to open new restaurants on Main Street, because people still need to eat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#1 May 19, 2010
Glad to see Great Wraps gone, they were unfriendly and could not grasp the importance of being part of the community.

I'm surprised they last as long as they did
Just Saying

Dracut, MA

#2 May 19, 2010
No Kidding about Great Wraps.
Glad they are gone.

But does downtown really need more Pizza and More chinese?

OY!
No one is original anymore.
Just Saying

Dracut, MA

#3 May 19, 2010
Seriously though I see quite a few new places popping up in the downtown area and it is a good thing.

Question is.........why is it all the same?
In one block you have 2-3 bars, 2 Chinese - practically neighbors, Spanish food, and Pizza all over Main street. I wish these two new places very well in a very tough market with so so much competition already in place.

can anyone come up with anything else?
ABC_Z

Hudson, MA

#6 May 19, 2010
Just Saying wrote:
Seriously though I see quite a few new places popping up in the downtown area and it is a good thing.
Question is.........why is it all the same?
In one block you have 2-3 bars, 2 Chinese - practically neighbors, Spanish food, and Pizza all over Main street. I wish these two new places very well in a very tough market with so so much competition already in place.
can anyone come up with anything else?
People like pizza and Chinese/Asian of any type. Give the people what they want is good business. A decent Chinese restaurant is a good idea; a place that offers more than take-out. Good luck to these businesses. Fitchburg seems to be a tough market to get anything going.
all good

Leominster, MA

#7 May 19, 2010
the outside world apparently has faith in the growth and comeback of Fitchburg. It's a start and it's all good.
Daisy

Boston, MA

#8 May 19, 2010
Althought those particular food areas seem to be maxed in the area,at least its new business and jobs to a city that has been struggling. A sonic, cici pizza, or red lobster would be something new. Now if they can just get the crime in order the city some day may prosper.
fitchburg

Clinton, MA

#9 May 19, 2010
pizza and chinese food are two of the food groups !
Tim

Gardner, MA

#10 May 19, 2010
The kitchen at Sal's is unbelievably disgusting, and I bet Goomba's kitchen will be just as bad. I will stick with the best pizza in Fitchburg: Papa Gino's!
Mike from Leominster

Fitchburg, MA

#11 May 19, 2010
OK "goomba" is not "Italian" for anything. It's guinea slang based on an actual Italian word that is spelled and pronounced differently (it's also a Super Mario Brothers character).

Freakin' French Canadians in this city. Next you're gonna tell me "pasta fazoo" is an Italian delicacy.
Mike from Leominster

Fitchburg, MA

#12 May 19, 2010
BTW I don't care how many chinese places there are. If this guy can whip up some under $6 mai tais I'll be there 3 times a week.
Mike from Leominster

Fitchburg, MA

#13 May 19, 2010
Daisy wrote:
Althought those particular food areas seem to be maxed in the area,at least its new business and jobs to a city that has been struggling. A sonic, cici pizza, or red lobster would be something new. Now if they can just get the crime in order the city some day may prosper.
CiCi's stays out of New England entirely and RL stays away from areas serviced by "real" seafood.

A Sonic on John Fitch, in the other hand, would be a license to print money, but as long as Jeff McMeany casts Fitchburg as h.e.l.l on earth with the worst crime since Gary Indiana and the worst utilities in the history of mankind no national company will go there.
Good Luck Goombas

North Reading, MA

#15 May 19, 2010
Hmmmm wrote:
Ya, that's what we need. A pizza place that boasts mafia and gansta ANYTHING. Not sure if anybody downtown can compete with Espresso pizza. Their customers are very loyal.
Expressos has become horrible. Their subs are empty and cheap meat. They use to be good. We were loyal customers who now cannot stand their food and service of their special "wishmeat" sandwhich. Which means wish I had meat on my sandwhich.

I agree with the other person who stated Dominoes which is awesome pizza. You can buy two mediums with two toppings for $5.99 a piece; AWESOME!

I will try GOOMBAS also. Their location is good but for parking. They will definitely out run Expresso who has been here for decades but has decided to abuse their loyal customer base with lousy food and the shortages of the portion!

For the Chinese restayrant,good luck also. Although the Jade has real good food for Chinese. Jade has specials that can not be beat and the people who work there are very nice!
Marie B

Great Barrington, MA

#16 May 19, 2010
Mike from Leominster wrote:
<quoted text>
the worst utilities in the history of mankind no national company will go there.
If they can go to Leominster, Worcester, or even Boston, and pay $1,000 a month for utilities, or come to Fitchburg where Uniswill will rake them over the coals for at least $3,500 a month for the exact same usage, why would they come to Fitchburg?
Mike from Leominster

Fitchburg, MA

#17 May 19, 2010
Marie B wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can go to Leominster, Worcester, or even Boston, and pay $1,000 a month for utilities, or come to Fitchburg where Uniswill will rake them over the coals for at least $3,500 a month for the exact same usage, why would they come to Fitchburg?
Because the difference is not that high.

How does Wal Mart survive in Lunenburg?

KMart can't keep a store open in MA except for this city and a couple others. How do they do it?

Yes, Unitil stinks and we'd be better off without them, but we need to separate facts from hype.
honey

Fitchburg, MA

#18 May 19, 2010
i would like some good food ok
fitchburg

Clinton, MA

#19 May 19, 2010
Tim wrote:
The kitchen at Sal's is unbelievably disgusting, and I bet Goomba's kitchen will be just as bad. I will stick with the best pizza in Fitchburg: Papa Gino's!

No way Exspresso has the best pizza !!
Excallaber

North Uxbridge, MA

#20 May 19, 2010
thats a good pizza pie

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#21 May 19, 2010
lincoln street wrote:
I really miss the old SAMBO'S in Leominster
"SAMBO'S"....BWA-HAH AHAHAHA !!! AAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! You are TOO funny, Lincoln Street...
Hey ??? What about "TAKE-A-BITE" up the road !!! BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!
Support Local Businesses

New York, NY

#22 May 19, 2010
I found this great new place on John Fitch called New Options Cafe. It's in the old Capri jewelers building. They have the freshest sandwiches and best coffee in the area, plus free wi-fi. If we don't support local businesses, they will leave and all we'll be left with is fast food and pizza chains!
expressos is horrid

North Reading, MA

#23 May 19, 2010
fitchburg wrote:
<quoted text>
No way Exspresso has the best pizza !!
Expresso pizza is okay as they add orange soda to it. The sandwhiches are very SKIMPY! Dominoes pizza has an awesome new pizza! Give "Goombas" a chance; I like the name it is different and fun!

The sandwhiches are important! No one in Fitchburg has a hold on sandwhiches; Goombas could make their mark in this fact alone! Use good ,fresh meats and you will quickley receive a loyal customer base! Fresh rolls are important and fresh vegetables. Make your mark with a grilled chicken salad and put a lot of energy in obtaining fresh vegetables. I know an owner of a pizza and sub joint and they have the best grilled chicken salad on the planet. They are "Village Pizza" in Shirley, unrelated to any other village pizza!

I beleive expressos does good with pizza sales as they have been around for awhile; it is all about advertising and a good name! Give Goombas a chance!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Feb 17 Who you know coun... 61
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Feb 16 audrey21 53
News Family mourns teen found stabbed in East Boston Feb 13 former democrat 4
Car Fans - A new company is moving into town - ... Jan 26 sitoga 1
With Trump, does anyone see a return of manufac... Jan 23 Anonymous 1
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Danvers Jan '17 VictorOrians 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saugus (Aug '15) Jan '17 Christine Vasapoli 9

Peabody Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance