Wilmington welcomes a Sonic boom

Wilmington welcomes a Sonic boom

There are 20 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 18, 2010, titled Wilmington welcomes a Sonic boom. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Rain cannot dampen the overwhelming need for tater tots and a cherry limeade. Ashley Daniels had a craving that has been gnawing at her since moving to Massachusetts from Louisiana six years ago sated yesterday afternoon, as Sonic opened its newest location at 220 Main St., on a parcel next to the Wilmington Plaza that previously housed a Hyundai ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Was there Opening Day

Billerica, MA

#1 Apr 18, 2010
Honestly? I thought the food was disgusting and overpriced. Just my opinion. I thought the trays were supposed to hang on the outside of the car....I had to put all the food inside the car....too messy...not worth it!
dave j

Methuen, MA

#2 Apr 18, 2010
Cool. Now I'll get to see what Sonic's TV ads are about.
stuie

Billerica, MA

#3 Apr 18, 2010
great that is open....but no hours posted, no telephone number listed and the corporate office didnt even know they were open yet when we called saturday night to find out the hours

how would you know they would be open or closed??
Molly

Dracut, MA

#4 Apr 19, 2010
They are open 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
townie01887

Dallas, TX

#5 Apr 19, 2010
Why should a private endeavour be allowed to disrupt traffic on a state highway. Also why are the local police and not the State police on this particular overtime detail. It's supposed to be guaranteed overtime for 4 months. Traffic is bad enough in this town without this mess.
01887townie too

Dover, MA

#6 Apr 19, 2010
Just what we need is another fast food drive thru in town! I have never been to one and I dont plan on it! I'll stick with a home cook meal with veggies!
wilmres

Wilmington, MA

#7 Apr 19, 2010
townie01887 wrote:
Why should a private endeavour be allowed to disrupt traffic on a state highway. Also why are the local police and not the State police on this particular overtime detail. It's supposed to be guaranteed overtime for 4 months. Traffic is bad enough in this town without this mess.
Whine, Whine, Whine........
wilmres

Wilmington, MA

#8 Apr 19, 2010
01887townie too wrote:
Just what we need is another fast food drive thru in town! I have never been to one and I dont plan on it! I'll stick with a home cook meal with veggies!
I can't eat there due to health issues, but hey...more power to those who can.
justme

Lowell, MA

#9 Apr 19, 2010
open 6am? I hope they serve breakfast. can't imagine anyone would want a burger then. However 2am sounds like a good place to hit after a night of drinking.
nothanks

Jamaica Plain, MA

#10 Apr 19, 2010
I have heard from so many people overpriced and the food is awful not going to even bother....
JohnK

Wakefield, MA

#11 Apr 19, 2010
Keep going. I own shares in the Company!
Proofofdecline

Dracut, MA

#12 Apr 19, 2010
Awesome. Another way for already overweight America to get even fatter. Keep munching everyone, the rest of the planet is laughing at you.
Sick of it all

Wallingford, CT

#13 Apr 20, 2010
Cry cry cry...stop the b1tch'n. If you don't like the traffic, go a different way...if you don't like the food...don't eat there. I'm glad it's there..jobs people jobs.... wake up!.
No, I won't eat there, but people have jobs now...Just think, now all the fatty fatties don't have to drive to Rte 1 to fill their faces up with lard.
local guy

Lowell, MA

#14 Apr 20, 2010
i will be there , hope they do car shows in summer like down south ....

i will eat there a lot too
Billerica Resident

West Wareham, MA

#15 Apr 23, 2010
I don't see the difference of going through a drive through at burger king and parking and eating, or having it brought to your car. It's a poor job of imitating a 50's carhop! Trays on the windows and some oldies music playing would be great!
local guy

Lowell, MA

#16 Apr 24, 2010
lines were long yesterday , went for roastbeef instead
SOnic willmington

Lynnfield, MA

#17 Apr 24, 2010
stuie wrote:
great that is open....but no hours posted, no telephone number listed and the corporate office didnt even know they were open yet when we called saturday night to find out the hours
how would you know they would be open or closed??
The Store is open 6 am to 2 am 7 days a week
DrBurger

AOL

#18 May 1, 2010
Wow so many people wining about Sonic and I bet you go to the McDonalds and Burger King and think that there food is good right?
No one forces you to go to Sonic .
I have been to Sonic before elsewhere and the food and service are good.
Maybe some of you should stop looking for trouble.
Give these folks time.
Instead of complaining offer them suggestions or just shut up and go home.
What a bunch of cry babies.
01887townie too

Dover, MA

#19 May 12, 2010
wilmres wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't eat there due to health issues, but hey...more power to those who can.
I can't eat there either, but if people like that kind of food then more power to them. It's fun to see the kids on there skates and look there not sitting on there butts and getting paid. They do work for there dollars! If I was 20 years younger I might have worked there too!

Now a days Jobs are hard to find and if it helps just one family, I'm all for it!
ckb

Wakefield, MA

#20 Jul 5, 2010
icecream isnt bad. otherwise take your money elsewhere

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make Schools Education Quality better, Share yo... (Aug '09) Sep 18 Last soul 61
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Sep 6 kerri m 66
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Aug '17 Choices 71
Salem commons in need of renovations Aug '17 Park patron 1
Saugus Hilltop development and Our Issues (Mar '17) Aug '17 G dog 25
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... Jul '17 Mariosucks 3
News Black Men at Greater Risk for Prostate Cancer: ... (Feb '17) Jul '17 T-BOS 10

Peabody Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peabody Mortgages