Governor candidate Baker open to Sout...

Governor candidate Baker open to South Coast Rail

There are 4 comments on the SouthCoastToday.com story from Feb 25, 2014, titled Governor candidate Baker open to South Coast Rail. In it, SouthCoastToday.com reports that:

Charlie Baker, who categorically opposed South Coast Rail when he first ran for governor four years ago, now says: "I'm open to moving that one forward."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthCoastToday.com.

Fran Lecuyer

Derry, NH

#1 Feb 26, 2014
Looks like he will not be getting my vote. This is a losing proposition that has been tried before, it comes down to $$$$$. Who is going to pay the bill, of coarse the taxpayer. Why not bus service from Fall River, New Bedford, Plymouth etc too Boston?????
George

Detroit, MI

#2 Feb 26, 2014
Did you vote or Deval or Warren or Obama?
Busses are subsidized too

Beverly, MA

#3 Feb 27, 2014
Don't city busses receive some tax money as well? My observation is that trains are utilized more often than busses, so they do not appear to collect enough revenue to sustain themselves. Also, trains can run in weather that busses cannot seem to handle. The Boston vacinity has too many cars on the road and rude drivers to add to the misery of commuting. As a tax payer, I am happy to pay for the reduction of cars on the road.
joe shmoe

New Bedford, MA

#4 Mar 1, 2014
JUST BUILD IT ALREADY! THE SOUTHCOAST IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY! EVERYONE ELSE HAS RAIL, WE ARE NEXT IN LINE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) 2 hr Ngoody87 57
News Black Men at Greater Risk for Prostate Cancer: ... 22 hr SadButTrue 10
Review: Town Of Saugus (Dec '15) Tue True democracy 30
News Professor's complaint over gay rights roils Gor... Apr 11 misbehaved 5
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Apr 8 Pu pu platter 66
Dave Arbogast Apr 7 Captain caveman 75 2
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... Apr 6 Mariosucks69 1

Peabody Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance