Accused UAHuntsville Shooter Assaulte...

Accused UAHuntsville Shooter Assaulted Woman Inside Restaurant ...

There are 78 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Feb 16, 2010, titled Accused UAHuntsville Shooter Assaulted Woman Inside Restaurant .... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

WHNT NEWS 19 has new information about a violent attack involving Doctor Amy Bishop-Anderson. The story seems to have more twists and turns than the average roller coaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Huntsville

Monticello, MN

#66 Feb 17, 2010
While I appreciate the Mayor's sentiment, he does not have the authority to have the flags flown at half staff. The law states:

FLYING THE FLAG AT HALF-STAFF: The pertinent section of the Flag Code says, "by order of the President, the flag shall be flown at half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States Government and the Governor of a State, territory, or possesion, as a mark of respect to their memory. In the event of the death of other officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at half-staff according to Presidential orders, or in accordance with recognized customs or practices not inconsistent with law.
Elizabeth

United States

#67 Feb 17, 2010
Doctor Marten wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and she will pay a heavy price for her actions in a Mental Institution (not a Prison). Once she has been thru proper therapy she can and should be released back into the general public so she can contribute to the greater Hunstville comnmunity. Nobody is arguing that Amy Bishop was a very gifted individual who actually invented a medical device that will be used to save many lives in the future, she does not belong in prison. If we as a society keep locking up our best and brightest, Amy included, we will be doomed. This was an abberation that can be easily overcome thru therapy and love. I hope Amy gets the help she needs.
If that's the way you feel about her,why not let her live in TX with you? Personally, I will be glad when she is in a maximum security facility. My children are 7 & 10, and still need both parents! That woman is a menace to herself, her children and society in general! Just out of curiousity, are you serious?
Ally

Milledgeville, GA

#68 Feb 17, 2010
Blame Bush wrote:
She was under alot of stress, UAH is to blame here.
Dr. Bishop has a violent past. How exactly did UAH put undue stress on her? I work in a very stressful environment, and my job, along with about 200 of my co-workers, is on the line right now. I don't know of anyone who is comtemplating such an act because our work place is stressing us out. Stress is no excuse. Is it her brother's fault she shot him to death because he got on her nerves? Is it the fault of the woman she assaulted in a restaurant years ago because she was given the last booster seat? There is plenty of blame to go around for this tragedy; included should be those who gave her a pass each time she acted out. Ultimately, Amy Bishop herself is to blame. She could have sought help, or chosen not to act on her impulses. She also could have accepted responsibility instead of blaming others, in this case UAH, for her mistakes.
Sam

Harvest, AL

#69 Feb 17, 2010
Rodney Reynolds wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually she was highly-rated, previously promoted, award-winning and just recently applauded by the President of UAH. She is more accomplished than a lot of the tenured profs at UAH.
You are just spreading stereotypical hogwash !
Nobody has proven she was "imbalanced and unstable". This was just temporary insane response to overwhelming stress induced by her job at UAH. Need to better investigate what exactly she did wrong at her job to warrant her impending termination, follow this path and it will answer many questions and doubts people have about Amy. The UAH email repository is filled with nastygrams from administrators you can start the investigation here.
BTW, no criminal background check would have turned up anything on her. Standard background checks costs hundreds of dollars per person and would be useless in this case. A government secret-clearance check (costing thousands), where they send an actual FBI agent to your previous residences and snoop around may have turned up some of this but you cannot deny a person a living based on mean behavior, she could sue the University if they denied her the position based on discrimination of facts.
No matter how you look at it, it still isn't a reason or acceptable casue to kill another person. Your agrument is hogwash...
Sandra

Birmingham, AL

#70 Feb 17, 2010
So am I you Idiot, that doesn't give me the right to kill you, Seek God, you need Him!!!!!
Blame Bush wrote:
FryTheBitch1

Gloucester, MA

#71 Feb 17, 2010
mike demers wrote:
this is a damn nut case. she needs to be fried in the chair right now. i dont want to spend one brown cent on her ugly,demented ass. she needs to go join hitler,hussein,manson and dahmer. may she rot in hell where she belongs.
your right about the others, but Manson is still living large in s California jail, does tv interviews, has websites lives like someone on vacation. unbeleivable
T-Girl

United States

#72 Feb 17, 2010
This women looks kind of familiar. Like the one in Tn. who killed her husband while he was sleeping.
The same crazed look in her eyes and the no-emotion on her face. God help us, she's going to plead insanity and get off. My heart goes out to all the families of the victims and hope to God they get some justice. Maybe she'll be in prison with
Manson, he'll piss her off and she'll do away with him.
blame you

Huntsville, AL

#73 Feb 17, 2010
Blame Bush wrote:
you're an idiot!!! you're as crazy as she is
Amazed by Idiots

Toney, AL

#74 Feb 17, 2010
Misfired THREE times? Wow. I didn't think anyone would believe I accidentally backed into that parked car THREE times, but I guess someone out there will!
Miranda wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody "dropped the ball".
My understanding is the shotgun just misfired three times. No evidence of intent to do harm. I am sure she has been under stress ever since this horrible day but she was able to recover and be a very productive professor and one of the few non-foreign PhDs in the entire country that is until she ran into the faculty at UAH and things went downhill from there.
Paul

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#75 Feb 17, 2010
Enough news and comments...lets just gave some vigilante justice. She doesn't need a trial. Firing squad anyone? Don't bother responding to this comment. I am not going to read your responses. I have too much school work to do. I wish I didn't have this week off from UAH for the reason I do. Thanks for ruining everyones lives beeatch.
CDC

United States

#76 Feb 17, 2010
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots like you make me scared to leave my house.
People who sit several states away and take the time to judge multiple peoples' opinions make ME afraid to leave my house.
CDC

United States

#77 Feb 17, 2010
Paul wrote:
Enough news and comments...lets just gave some vigilante justice. She doesn't need a trial. Firing squad anyone? Don't bother responding to this comment. I am not going to read your responses. I have too much school work to do. I wish I didn't have this week off from UAH for the reason I do. Thanks for ruining everyones lives beeatch.
I wish I could mark this 'brilliant' a thousand times. YOU are my hero! Going back to campus is something I'm not looking forward to. I think some of those inmates need an "anonymous tip" about what all she has done. Let them take care of her. And seriously, that video of her doing that 'It didn't happen" bull...k....she's brilliant. She knows how to play the system to get an insanity plea. Nobody's buying that.
CDC

United States

#78 Feb 17, 2010
Ally wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Bishop has a violent past. How exactly did UAH put undue stress on her? I work in a very stressful environment, and my job, along with about 200 of my co-workers, is on the line right now. I don't know of anyone who is comtemplating such an act because our work place is stressing us out. Stress is no excuse. Is it her brother's fault she shot him to death because he got on her nerves? Is it the fault of the woman she assaulted in a restaurant years ago because she was given the last booster seat? There is plenty of blame to go around for this tragedy; included should be those who gave her a pass each time she acted out. Ultimately, Amy Bishop herself is to blame. She could have sought help, or chosen not to act on her impulses. She also could have accepted responsibility instead of blaming others, in this case UAH, for her mistakes.
I wouldn't waste my time responding to that post. That person is obviously one of those sick humored people who are out to seek attention. I'm assuming they weren't breast fed long enough.
CDC

United States

#79 Feb 18, 2010
Da Meglet wrote:
They had better act like they care about the vicitms. The fact that this woman has so many violent incidents in her past, is so imbalanced and unstable that her colleagues probably found her "creepy," and the fact that UAH missed it all until three people were dead and dozens of others scarred for life leads me to believe that they were negligent. I believe every academic institution from kindergarten to graduate school should perform complete background checks that uncover sociopaths before they're hired. I suspect UAH will be the target of a string of wrongful death and injury lawsuits the likes of which God has rarely seen. I hope they pay out so much money to these poor people that they think it's a career! I'll never approve of my kids going there! And now I know to thoroughly investigate every college they ever think about! Poor, penny-wise, pound-foolish UAH. They got it coming to them now!
I don't believe that it is UAH's fault AT ALL. Some people know howto sneak in under the wire, and none of the crimes she committed were on her record. There was no way for them to know. Besides, if strangers can sneak into the White House and crash a presidential party, a brilliant woman can find a way into a teaching job.
Dave From NY

Levittown, NY

#80 Feb 18, 2010
Among the most disturbing facts of this case are:
1)The shooting was already labeled "accidental shooting" on Dec 6 prior to interviewing Amy on Dec 17.
2)The autopsy and police reports indicate that the shot gun shell entrance wound was 1 1/2 inches in diameter with "very little spread", indicating that she was shot her brother point blank standing next to him, clearly contradictory to her remarks.
3) She was being questioned by the officer who did not remark that she was too emotional to be questioned. Only after her mother arrived at Police station and said that she did not want her daughter answering any questions did Amy clam up and become too emotional to answer questions for 11 days.
4)Ms Bishop was fanaticla almost rabid Obama supporter but this was only mentioned in the Boston Herald buried in the last paragraph because we all know that liberls can do no wrong.
JLM

Huntsville, AL

#81 Feb 23, 2010
This should be added on to the killings at UAH and the rest of her violent past along with the killing of her brother and the pipe bombs. She should be made to be accountable to every violent deed she has ever done to people.
JLM

Huntsville, AL

#82 Feb 23, 2010
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text> If that's the way you feel about her,why not let her live in TX with you? Personally, I will be glad when she is in a maximum security facility. My children are 7 & 10, and still need both parents! That woman is a menace to herself, her children and society in general! Just out of curiousity, are you serious?
The only thing Amy needs is to be put completely away from society so that when she gets 'WELL' she can not bring hysteria and death to any one else.
Decatur Mom

United States

#83 Feb 24, 2010
Scooter wrote:
The tenure process is rigorous and very stressful. Many college grads have committed suicide after being denied tenure. You spend half your life toward this goal and then a group of colleagues get to pass judgment on your body of work. Please remember that everybody reacts differently to stress, Ms. Bishop response was at the edge of the response spectrum and you should not hold this against her, it is the human condition. Mistakes where made on both sides, let us forgive and move on. I believe Amy was worthy of tenure and internal politics played an overbearing role in this particular instance. Time will heal the wounds and we can regroup and make this university better than ever. Amy Bishop and the injured and deceased will get the help they need and the university will gain much wisdom from these lessons learned. God Bless.
That doesn't say anything about the tenure process, just about the individual's inability to handle rejection. It's a character flaw in the person themself. You want to know what real stress is? Stress is sending your child to school after reading about teachers & other students carrying weapons to school & killing other students & teachers. Does that mean I should get a "get out of jail free card" too if I decide to murder a few people who disagreed with me because I was stressed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAD motorcycle accident last night (Aug '09) Sat his name plz 36
Substantial increase in air traffic May 27 bassdrv 2
Review: La Ruta Restaurant May 17 dissatisfied 1
News Saugus woman wins trip to Ireland (Oct '07) May 14 Greg Louganis 19
News Brian Joyce thrives at the edge of a fuzzy boun... May 10 Tony DeLong 1
Review: Alegre Dental Office | Cosmetic Dentist... (Feb '13) May 8 Anonymous 2
News Doyon School in Ipswich chooses interim principal (Jun '11) May 3 Ipswich watch dog 2
More from around the web

Peabody People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]