Accused UAHuntsville Shooter Assaulte...

Accused UAHuntsville Shooter Assaulted Woman Inside Restaurant ...

There are 78 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Feb 16, 2010, titled Accused UAHuntsville Shooter Assaulted Woman Inside Restaurant .... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

WHNT NEWS 19 has new information about a violent attack involving Doctor Amy Bishop-Anderson. The story seems to have more twists and turns than the average roller coaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lilly

Louisville, KY

#1 Feb 16, 2010
I realize all these allegations are coming out. I don't know why, at this point, Mass. should be concerned about spending any taxpayer dollars to "see what should be done next"...they know she is going to be prosecuted for this and their case can have no impact here unless you prejudice juries, which is illegal. Mass sheriff might want to get his name recognized but if taxpayer money is ued these he has no respect for his state and should be called on it.

She won't get out of this, or any of the other claims people are making. Braintree is just wanting moments of fame.

It is time UAH/Huntsville concentrates on the victims-the survivors who walked out of that room, totally mentally and emotionally traumatized, if they didn't have a bullet in them; the survivors in the hospital and their families. You need to give more coverage now to the local people, who are not criminals, and what they need. What do those families need? Money for expenses. If Dr. Leahy is in neuro that tells me he has a head injury. Does he need a house payment made? HUNTSVILLE HELP HIM.....I live in KY and I only know what I read but I think UAH and Huntsville can rise to help the victims. The people in that room, who lived, saw and watched the bloodshed. Go to their side. Listen, love, they need to be with each other because they have a bond only them will ever share.
european

Estonia

#2 Feb 16, 2010
she attacked a woman at the restaurant?
clearly, a serial killer in the making, now - why no one saw that coming?
Wesley

United States

#3 Feb 16, 2010
Maybe they shouldn't have pulled her out of the place just to lock her up... It doesn't seem right that now we'll just pay to keep her fed and warm in Jail forever. It would be better to let the People of the Area attend a Biblical Stoning of the woman
Ms Mixed and Proud

Madison, AL

#4 Feb 17, 2010
This is just another case that will, in the end cost taxpayers loads of money.First she will have to be checked out to see if she is mental.If there were witnesses to what she is charged with, make it simple and sentence her to whatever she is going to get.She knew she had no right to take another persons life so just go ahead and do whatever with her. She has automatically given up her rights.What about her husbond, was he in the resturant with her in that report of her hitting a woman about a booster seat. Does he not have common sense enough to know SOMETHING is not right with his wife? Maybe he should be questioned more extenxively.
AL Girl

Albertville, AL

#6 Feb 17, 2010
Lilly wrote:
I realize all these allegations are coming out. I don't know why, at this point, Mass. should be concerned about spending any taxpayer dollars to "see what should be done next"...they know she is going to be prosecuted for this and their case can have no impact here unless you prejudice juries, which is illegal. Mass sheriff might want to get his name recognized but if taxpayer money is ued these he has no respect for his state and should be called on it.
She won't get out of this, or any of the other claims people are making. Braintree is just wanting moments of fame.
It is time UAH/Huntsville concentrates on the victims-the survivors who walked out of that room, totally mentally and emotionally traumatized, if they didn't have a bullet in them; the survivors in the hospital and their families. You need to give more coverage now to the local people, who are not criminals, and what they need. What do those families need? Money for expenses. If Dr. Leahy is in neuro that tells me he has a head injury. Does he need a house payment made? HUNTSVILLE HELP HIM.....I live in KY and I only know what I read but I think UAH and Huntsville can rise to help the victims. The people in that room, who lived, saw and watched the bloodshed. Go to their side. Listen, love, they need to be with each other because they have a bond only them will ever share.
I agree with you on some of the things you said. But like you said you do not live here. This Community is all about helping when they can. So for you to sit two states over and suggest that nothing has been done to help these familys is just plane Crazy. Like you said you only get to read what they print. I have never know any community to come togather and support each other the way that the Huntsville and Madison Co, Community does. So Please before you sit there and judge us please think about what you are saying. I can not even began to tell you how GREAT the community in Huntsville is.

But with that being said" I do agree that it is crazy that all this other stuff is being dug up about the shooter. A LITTLE LATE. People have died. If they would have done there job to start with all these years ago then she may not have been out doing as she pleases. There could have been several more lifes spared from this mad women..
Shelly Arab Alabama

Cropwell, AL

#7 Feb 17, 2010
okay...let me explain...the reason it is important to "dig Up" the old information is to improve the system and hold people accountable for...Over looking details, covering details, mishandling things...that if were handled properly could have most likely prevented this terrible event. If it was handled correctly the first time (if proven it wasn't)she would have not have hit a person in a restuarant, or shot and killed the professors at UAH. Do you understand that if there was a cover up of the prior shooting of her brother, then she is not the only one guilty of this shooting. Others will be prosecuted as well. They had the ability to prevent and provide needed action, and they with held help/assistance/accontability etc..
Money is not the issue here...its justice...needs to make a full circle and BTW...she won't be fed and sheltered on our tax doallars forever...We do have the death penalty here...and if convicted..I'm sure it will be used.
jrt

United States

#9 Feb 17, 2010
We need to stop digging her past up and let the police handle it or she will get out in a few years on a insanity plea.The system failed to protect people from this person she need to be at the least put in jail for the rest of her life.
Lugnut

Henagar, AL

#10 Feb 17, 2010
This woman clearly has some mental issues. To say you can spot every weirdo with homicidal tendacies before they carry out a heinous crime is ludicrous! They walk among us every day. The husband knows more than he is telling, he should share some responsibility in this terrible ordeal. For UAH to fail in performing a background check on Dr.Bishop is unbelievable. I can only hope this situation will awaken the education community to the need for background checks for all educators! After all they are given daily access to our most valuable assets (our children). My prayers are with the victims families and the survivors..
Timothy Kall

Huntsville, AL

#11 Feb 17, 2010
Hang Her.
Blame Bush

Des Moines, IA

#12 Feb 17, 2010
She was under alot of stress, UAH is to blame here.
SRhsv

Headland, AL

#13 Feb 17, 2010
Lugnut wrote:
For UAH to fail in performing a background check on Dr.Bishop is unbelievable.
Maybe they should've done a background check but you do realize that nothing would've had shown up and they would've hired her anyway? Her brother's death was ruled accidental (= nothing on her record) and if you read the article "She was ordered to stay away from the victim, and after six months of probation, the charges were dismissed." (charges dismissed = nothing on her record).
Moonie

Huntsville, AL

#14 Feb 17, 2010
Blame Bush wrote:
She was under alot of stress, UAH is to blame here.
you have got to be joking with this comment???? Either you have a sick sense of humour or you're mentally disturbed!
Tom

Overland Park, KS

#15 Feb 17, 2010
Wesley wrote:
Maybe they shouldn't have pulled her out of the place just to lock her up... It doesn't seem right that now we'll just pay to keep her fed and warm in Jail forever. It would be better to let the People of the Area attend a Biblical Stoning of the woman
Idiots like you make me scared to leave my house.
Tom

Overland Park, KS

#16 Feb 17, 2010
Ms Mixed and Proud wrote:
This is just another case that will, in the end cost taxpayers loads of money.First she will have to be checked out to see if she is mental.If there were witnesses to what she is charged with, make it simple and sentence her to whatever she is going to get.She knew she had no right to take another persons life so just go ahead and do whatever with her. She has automatically given up her rights.
People like you are uneducated about our legal system. I'm just glad you aren't serving in public office.
pam

Adams, TN

#17 Feb 17, 2010
it's happened, this part is over. These families, including hers, need prayer and support like they have never needed before.

The justice system will do it's job this time.

Pray also for all of the students and other folks at UAH that will have do deal with the aftermath of this horrible situation.
in decatur

Birmingham, AL

#18 Feb 17, 2010
i think she is a mental case!
Susan

Tampa, FL

#19 Feb 17, 2010
I just got through scanning the police report for 1986. As one of the police officials was quoted in saying "shotgun shells just don't chamber themselves" This report was obviously sanitized to reflect in favor of Ms. Bishop. Someone needs to get a copy of this woman's resume and start checking the the areas she's been employed, I can almost bet there's more reports to be uncovered. She just didn't snap overnight, she has a history of violent behavior that involves guns. And due to the nature of HER crimes and her husband's propensity to deny any knowledge of them, his background probably should be looked into, too.
Susan

Tampa, FL

#20 Feb 17, 2010
Lilly wrote:
I realize all these allegations are coming out. I don't know why, at this point, Mass. should be concerned about spending any taxpayer dollars to "see what should be done next"...they know she is going to be prosecuted for this and their case can have no impact here unless you prejudice juries, which is illegal. Mass sheriff might want to get his name recognized but if taxpayer money is ued these he has no respect for his state and should be called on it.
She won't get out of this, or any of the other claims people are making. Braintree is just wanting moments of fame.
It is time UAH/Huntsville concentrates on the victims-the survivors who walked out of that room, totally mentally and emotionally traumatized, if they didn't have a bullet in them; the survivors in the hospital and their families. You need to give more coverage now to the local people, who are not criminals, and what they need. What do those families need? Money for expenses. If Dr. Leahy is in neuro that tells me he has a head injury. Does he need a house payment made? HUNTSVILLE HELP HIM.....I live in KY and I only know what I read but I think UAH and Huntsville can rise to help the victims. The people in that room, who lived, saw and watched the bloodshed. Go to their side. Listen, love, they need to be with each other because they have a bond only them will ever share.
Mass. needs to look into the fact that a possible murder was covered up. Did you read the reports from 1986 that were 'found' and published? Probably not. The people involved allowed this woman to continue her behavior right into adulthood and go unpunished until she killed three people.
Charles

Augusta, GA

#21 Feb 17, 2010
Susan wrote:
I just got through scanning the police report for 1986. As one of the police officials was quoted in saying "shotgun shells just don't chamber themselves" This report was obviously sanitized to reflect in favor of Ms. Bishop. Someone needs to get a copy of this woman's resume and start checking the the areas she's been employed, I can almost bet there's more reports to be uncovered. She just didn't snap overnight, she has a history of violent behavior that involves guns. And due to the nature of HER crimes and her husband's propensity to deny any knowledge of them, his background probably should be looked into, too.
Yep!! Think about it. Its only possible to discharge a shotgun by accident once!(yep, twice [maybe] if its a double barrel shotgun). Once a shell is used, you have to manually chamber another. So, was it 3 shots fired then.... Hmmmmm
Susan

Tampa, FL

#22 Feb 17, 2010
Lugnut wrote:
This woman clearly has some mental issues. To say you can spot every weirdo with homicidal tendacies before they carry out a heinous crime is ludicrous! They walk among us every day. The husband knows more than he is telling, he should share some responsibility in this terrible ordeal. For UAH to fail in performing a background check on Dr.Bishop is unbelievable. I can only hope this situation will awaken the education community to the need for background checks for all educators! After all they are given daily access to our most valuable assets (our children). My prayers are with the victims families and the survivors..
I agree. The husband has been covering up for years. His statements of "I don't know where she got the gun" is just plain suspicious. I think HE should be investigated to find out what else he's covering up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Elite Financial Services (Jul '12) 9 hr Sharing the burden 10
The Cowsills play Kowloon in Saugus on Thursday (Aug '13) 10 hr Pass the plate 4
Review: Town Of Saugus (Dec '15) Fri Profiles in hypoc... 22
I Love Kickboxing - Saugus, MA Great Workout Fri VivianSBoxer 1
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Jun 23 joeheather 34
News Is Route 1 traffic light needed? (Sep '06) Jun 21 For OPECs eyes only 2
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Jun 20 A friend indeed 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peabody Mortgages