A commuter rail train bound for Rockp...

A commuter rail train bound for Rockport pulled into the Montserrat station in Beverly on Friday.

There are 1 comment on the Boston.com story from Jan 8, 2014, titled A commuter rail train bound for Rockport pulled into the Montserrat station in Beverly on Friday.. In it, Boston.com reports that:

The Massachusetts Department of Transportation's board of directors today unanimously voted to accept the T's recommendation that Keolis, a French rail company, take over operation of the state's commuter rail system, winning the state's largest operating contract in history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

Confused

Beverly, MA

#1 Jan 11, 2014
So what does this mean? Will there be an improvement to the trains, stations and service? Why can't the state provide the services? How is this going to help the job market in Massachusetts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saugus (Aug '15) Thu Yesenia P 5
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Thu Greed is good 26
Review: Town Of Saugus (Dec '15) Jun 28 Cough cough 24
News Urban gangs seen moving into suburbs (Jun '06) Jun 25 Go Blue Forever 29
Review: Elite Financial Services (Jul '12) Jun 25 Sharing the burden 10
The Cowsills play Kowloon in Saugus on Thursday (Aug '13) Jun 25 Pass the plate 4
I Love Kickboxing - Saugus, MA Great Workout Jun 24 VivianSBoxer 1

Peabody Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peabody Mortgages