Mezze headquarters move to Cold Spring

Mezze headquarters move to Cold Spring

There are 38 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Sep 15, 2009, titled Mezze headquarters move to Cold Spring. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

A former restaurant and inn on Cold Spring Road has become home to the corporate headquarters and catering services of a local restaurant group.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Voter

Clockville, NY

#21 Sep 16, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. and Mrs. Bo Peabody, Julia Bowen, Brad Svluga, Mr.and Mrs. George Kennedy, Mr. and Mrs. Brian Finnigan. They tell me a second invite went out with different names. In any event there are your names.
Private citizens hosting an invitation only event? Yep.

Faker is a good name for you. Fake outrage. Fake knowledge of election law. Fake lots of things.....
Voter

Clockville, NY

#22 Sep 16, 2009
travis wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are the elite of Williamstown's elite so interested in the North Adams Mayoral Campaign? Being just your average North Adams citizen, I think I'll keep my hand firmly affixed to my butt for a while.
It's a grand conspiracy! Or maybe people who live nearby give a damn about North Adams.

If you are worried about out of town money, look at Barrett who raised MOST of his money from places farther away than the next town.

And watch out for your thumb when sit on your attached hand.
Parent and educator

Lee, MA

#23 Sep 16, 2009
Williamstown residents should be interested in North Adams politics -- and North Adams residents in Williamstown. Both have the ability to prosper together -- and fall together.
Put on the Dunce Hat

New Berlin, NY

#24 Sep 16, 2009
Parent and educator wrote:
Williamstown residents should be interested in North Adams politics -- and North Adams residents in Williamstown. Both have the ability to prosper together -- and fall together.
But, but ... "the elite of Williamstown's elite" will "take over" North Adams!!!!

Heh! What a bunch of hogwash. Where do they get this stuff, Sarah Palin? Pathetic.
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#25 Sep 16, 2009
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>Private citizens hosting an invitation only event? Yep.
Faker is a good name for you. Fake outrage. Fake knowledge of election law. Fake lots of things.....
I answered your question and now you and the other nut case go off. I met your challege, now prove otherwise.
Put on the Dunce Hat

New Berlin, NY

#26 Sep 16, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your question and now you and the other nut case go off. I met your challege, now prove otherwise.
Listen, Cookie - nobody has to prove anything to you. But if you are going to make accusations of illegal activity, you'd better be prepared to back them up with facts.

You aren't, because there aren't any. You're a faker and a dunce, and you don't know what the flip you're talking about.
OMG

United States

#27 Sep 16, 2009
Insight wrote:
Another business chased out of North Adams. Great.
Seeing that Mezze Catering and Mezze Inc. have been part of Mezze in Williamstown, I don't know how you can say chased out of North Adams.

Cafe Latino on the other hand just closed. It was the group's second go at a restaurant there. They also owned the previous Eleven and Cafe Latino was their answer to lackluster dollars back then.
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#28 Sep 16, 2009
Put on the Dunce Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, Cookie - nobody has to prove anything to you. But if you are going to make accusations of illegal activity, you'd better be prepared to back them up with facts.
You aren't, because there aren't any. You're a faker and a dunce, and you don't know what the flip you're talking about.
Listen sawdust for brains, you got the facts do as you wish. Good to see Alcombright has people like you supporting him.
Insight

Huntington, MA

#29 Sep 16, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen sawdust for brains, you got the facts do as you wish. Good to see Alcombright has people like you supporting him.
You are the one making unsupported accusations. It's a classic Barrett supporter smear.

- Attack family, attack donors, attack his work, etc... Fortunately Dick is not Paul Babeau, so none of the usual crap is sticking.(Jane Swift won't ride in to the rescue calling the mayor's opponent "too extreme" and "right wing" like she did before.)

The funny thing is that when you get called on it, you point the finger back - "No I didn't! You did!"

6th grade stuff.
bobby

Clifton Park, NY

#30 Sep 16, 2009
Insight wrote:
Another business chased out of North Adams. Great.
Are you sure they were chased out or did the business not do well because the place was all about snobbery and and snobbery doesn't sell in North Adams like it does in Williamstown?

The company credo ought to be, "the worse we treat you the better we must be".
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#31 Sep 16, 2009
Insight wrote:
<quoted text>You are the one making unsupported accusations. It's a classic Barrett supporter smear.
- Attack family, attack donors, attack his work, etc... Fortunately Dick is not Paul Babeau, so none of the usual crap is sticking.(Jane Swift won't ride in to the rescue calling the mayor's opponent "too extreme" and "right wing" like she did before.)
The funny thing is that when you get called on it, you point the finger back - "No I didn't! You did!"
6th grade stuff.
Please. I made statements and one of you fools asked me to provide the names of the people who were hosting the event in Williamstown for Alcombright. Well I provided the names. How may I ask it that a smear. Explain who these people are and what is their connection to Alcombright. Why would the head of the Bart Charter School host a fundraiser for Dick Alcombright?
very interesting

North Adams, MA

#32 Sep 16, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. I made statements and one of you fools asked me to provide the names of the people who were hosting the event in Williamstown for Alcombright. Well I provided the names. How may I ask it that a smear. Explain who these people are and what is their connection to Alcombright. Why would the head of the Bart Charter School host a fundraiser for Dick Alcombright?
Why would the head of the charter school be hosting a party for Alcombright? This baffling.
Insight

Huntington, MA

#33 Sep 16, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, You are either stupid or intentionally being deceptive. I'll assume you are just really slow.

Here is your first post to this thread-
"Bo gave much more than that and how did he do that fundraiser in Williamstown without a permit from the town? Seems like the town officials looked the other way. Read todays paper as permits were just granted last night. Maybe the building inspector just over looked it (wink,wink). "

1) You accused someone of breaking the law.

2) When others pointed out that this is probably not the case, you then said the fundraiser was not a private function thrown by a private citizen.

3) When it was pointed out that indeed the people you mentioned were private citizens and your accusations were baseless or intentional smears, you claim that you are being belittled

4) Now you claim that you have proven your point.

5) Now that I think about it, I don't think you are stupid. I am pretty darn sure you are a lying and feigning innocence.
Insight

Huntington, MA

#34 Sep 16, 2009
very interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the head of the charter school be hosting a party for Alcombright? This baffling.
Why would someone who runs a school that has a majority of North Adams residents as its student body be interested in North Adams' leadership? The answer seems obvious to me.

The current guy has accused her of all sorts of stuff and tried everything he can think of to keep from paying the money that the city owes the school under the law.

On the other hand, Alcombright is more interested in the students welfare and education than he is about fighting over the money.
Put on the Dunce Hat

New Berlin, NY

#35 Sep 16, 2009
This is like arguing with a pet rock.

Do you think you are owed an explanation of what private citizens do with their political dollars?

Why WOULDN'T the Bart people support Alcombright? Did you actually expect something different? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's illegal.

Cupcake, you have fertilized the other guy's field with your latest blob of BS - nice going, genius!

You aren't fooling anybody with your innuendos and insinuations. But for the record, and since you asked first... explain who you are, and what is your connection to John Barrett?
very interesting

North Adams, MA

#36 Sep 16, 2009
Insight wrote:
<quoted text>Why would someone who runs a school that has a majority of North Adams residents as its student body be interested in North Adams' leadership? The answer seems obvious to me.
The current guy has accused her of all sorts of stuff and tried everything he can think of to keep from paying the money that the city owes the school under the law.
On the other hand, Alcombright is more interested in the students welfare and education than he is about fighting over the money.
Let me get this right, the majority of the students come from North Adams, this means the school only has 200 students, that seems wrong. Now you say that North Adams owes the charter school money, can't be when state money goes directly to school. And Alcombright is more worried about Bo and company writing checks to his campaign then the welfare of the kids.
Insight

Huntington, MA

#37 Sep 16, 2009
very interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this right, the majority of the students come from North Adams, this means the school only has 200 students, that seems wrong. Now you say that North Adams owes the charter school money, can't be when state money goes directly to school. And Alcombright is more worried about Bo and company writing checks to his campaign then the welfare of the kids.
State money does not go directly to charters. The law requires the "sending" district to pay the charter school.

I don't know the details, but last year there was an issue over who owed what and when it was to be paid. I tend to believe the folks from the charter school after seeing what Barrett did to his own district's employees (he owes them $500k).

Alcombright has already pledged that North Adams will have liaison that deals with BArT rather than just an antagonistic Mayor.

And get off your high horse. Barrett has done everything in his power to prevent BArT from even existing. He bashes their academics and policies in paper as well as play games with the money.

Don't tell me he gives a damn about the local kids who go there. If he did, he would be working to get the law changed rather than attacking their school.
Voter

Clockville, NY

#38 Sep 16, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
What do I have to prove?

That you don't know a damn thing about election law?

Are you stupid or dishonest? I go with dishonest, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make Schools Education Quality better, Share yo... (Aug '09) Oct 10 whatever the cost 66
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saugus (Aug '15) Sep 28 kxnll 22
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Sep 26 Gabriella 68
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Aug '17 Choices 71
Salem commons in need of renovations Aug '17 Park patron 1
Saugus Hilltop development and Our Issues (Mar '17) Aug '17 G dog 25
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... (Apr '17) Jul '17 Mariosucks 3

Peabody Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peabody Mortgages