Mezze headquarters move to Cold Spring

Mezze headquarters move to Cold Spring

There are 38 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Sep 15, 2009, titled Mezze headquarters move to Cold Spring. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

A former restaurant and inn on Cold Spring Road has become home to the corporate headquarters and catering services of a local restaurant group.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Insight

Huntington, MA

#1 Sep 15, 2009
Another business chased out of North Adams. Great.
local man

Clockville, NY

#2 Sep 15, 2009
Insight wrote:
Another business chased out of North Adams. Great.
...chased out?...the restaurant at moca did very little business, why pay rent their when u have $750, 000 invested in a building in williamstown, sounds like a sound business descion to me
Voter

Clockville, NY

#3 Sep 15, 2009
local man wrote:
<quoted text>...chased out?...the restaurant at moca did very little business, why pay rent their when u have $750, 000 invested in a building in williamstown, sounds like a sound business descion to me
The mayor doesn't want Bo Peabody's businesses in town anyways! Damn Williamstown carpet bagger who had the nerve to charge $7 for fish tacos.(and give $500 to Alcombright.)
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#4 Sep 15, 2009
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>The mayor doesn't want Bo Peabody's businesses in town anyways! Damn Williamstown carpet bagger who had the nerve to charge $7 for fish tacos.(and give $500 to Alcombright.)
Bo gave much more than that and how did he do that fundraiser in Williamstown without a permit from the town? Seems like the town officials looked the other way. Read todays paper as permits were just granted last night. Maybe the building inspector just over looked it (wink,wink).
ctrem

Clockville, NY

#5 Sep 15, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
Bo gave much more than that and how did he do that fundraiser in Williamstown without a permit from the town? Seems like the town officials looked the other way. Read todays paper as permits were just granted last night. Maybe the building inspector just over looked it (wink,wink).
what would he have needed a permit for? so if someone hosts a party or a private function in a building they own they need a permit? permits are for commercial operations or for occupancy of a dwelling.
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#6 Sep 15, 2009
ctrem wrote:
<quoted text>
what would he have needed a permit for? so if someone hosts a party or a private function in a building they own they need a permit? permits are for commercial operations or for occupancy of a dwelling.
As usual you're wrong. You see the property is owned by the Mezze Corporation who hosted the event. It was being done in part to show off their new improvements which means they needed building permits. Until the work is signed off by the building inspector and fire chief it cannot be used for any type of function. The event I'm sure was not a free one for the Alcombright campaign as I'm sure Bo and Nancy charged them. That being the case they did it illegally.
ctrem

Clockville, NY

#7 Sep 15, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you're wrong. You see the property is owned by the Mezze Corporation who hosted the event. It was being done in part to show off their new improvements which means they needed building permits. Until the work is signed off by the building inspector and fire chief it cannot be used for any type of function. The event I'm sure was not a free one for the Alcombright campaign as I'm sure Bo and Nancy charged them. That being the case they did it illegally.
it was not a public function and there was no "charge" to attend. but who really cares anyhow? a fundraiser is part of the process and everyone has them.
ctrem

Clockville, NY

#8 Sep 15, 2009
and just for the record a corporation can not make campaign donations law.
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Sep 15, 2009
ctrem wrote:
<quoted text>
it was not a public function and there was no "charge" to attend. but who really cares anyhow? a fundraiser is part of the process and everyone has them.
Wrong again. It was a public function and the public was invited to attend. It was held at a restaurant which is regulated by town and state law.. The point is where were the inspectors, health,building and fire?

P.S. There was a charge to attend, thats why it was called a fund raiser.
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#10 Sep 15, 2009
ctrem wrote:
and just for the record a corporation can not make campaign donations law.
That is my point, Mezze must have charged Alcombright Campaign thus it ran the party as a business, right?
Put on the Dunce Hat

New Berlin, NY

#11 Sep 15, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Stupid! If you are worried about the building permits, etc., suggest you show your face at Town Hall and ask to see them. They're on file.

Repeat, Dummy, repeat this until it enters your dull consciousness! Go the Town Hall yourself to see if all necessary permits for improvements at 777 Cold Spring Rd are on file.

Until you have done so, wear the Dunce Hat.
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#12 Sep 15, 2009
Put on the Dunce Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Stupid! If you are worried about the building permits, etc., suggest you show your face at Town Hall and ask to see them. They're on file.
Repeat, Dummy, repeat this until it enters your dull consciousness! Go the Town Hall yourself to see if all necessary permits for improvements at 777 Cold Spring Rd are on file.
Until you have done so, wear the Dunce Hat.
I fully understand that you wish to degrade me but save your punk act for Bo. If you had read what I said it was not questioning whether they had building permits but why were they allowed to host an event prior to recieving the permits they recieved on Monday night. If you're not Mike Card you must work at town hall, which I guess explains your behavior. I've seen your comments in the past berating people who dare question what happens in the town. The only person who seems to question anything is Costly, and that includes the manager. Throw your tantrum all you want but something is wrong here bully boy.
Voter

Clockville, NY

#13 Sep 15, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>... but something is wrong here ...
No it's not. You are just trying to gin up controversy because that is what Barrett people do. The event was invitation only by a private citizen. The campaign did not put on the event, hence paid no fee. Guests gave voluntary campaign contributions. They did not pay an entrance fee.

If you are going to make accusations, at least know the law and know how campaigns work.

In North Adams, the mayor uses the building and health inspectors along with the various boards to hassle people. You had better be sure that every last little thing is perfectly up to code if you are going to do anything that supports Alcombright. But in Williamstown, city jobs are not patronage, so nobody does anybody's dirty work.

Also, if the city is your landlord, you had best not do any work for the mayor's opponent, either. You will be gently reminded about your lease.

So please, spare me about the legalities of campaign events. And Bo has given $500. That is the limit.
boy oh boy

Great Barrington, MA

#14 Sep 15, 2009
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>No it's not. You are just trying to gin up controversy because that is what Barrett people do. The event was invitation only by a private citizen. The campaign did not put on the event, hence paid no fee. Guests gave voluntary campaign contributions. They did not pay an entrance fee.
If you are going to make accusations, at least know the law and know how campaigns work.
In North Adams, the mayor uses the building and health inspectors along with the various boards to hassle people. You had better be sure that every last little thing is perfectly up to code if you are going to do anything that supports Alcombright. But in Williamstown, city jobs are not patronage, so nobody does anybody's dirty work.
Also, if the city is your landlord, you had best not do any work for the mayor's opponent, either. You will be gently reminded about your lease.
So please, spare me about the legalities of campaign events. And Bo has given $500. That is the limit.
The event was not by a "private person" and how do you know what Bo has given? I know for a fact his wife and other family members have given also. Ask him about those meetings at Williams College in the evenings with Charlie,Eathan and Brad.
Voter

Clockville, NY

#15 Sep 15, 2009
boy oh boy wrote:
<quoted text>
The event was not by a "private person" and how do you know what Bo has given? I know for a fact his wife and other family members have given also. Ask him about those meetings at Williams College in the evenings with Charlie,Eathan and Brad.
Dude. Get a grip. I can confidently say that no individual except, perhaps, Dick himself, has given more than $500 to Alcombright's campaign (a candidate can spend as much of their own money as they want, which means Barrett should have plenty of money left from his 150% refi on his house).

Are you are accusing someone of breaking the law?. To use one of John Barrett's favorite phrases - "That's a very serious charge."

http://www.ocpf.net/guides/fs_contrib_limits....
Voter

Clockville, NY

#16 Sep 15, 2009
boy oh boy wrote:
<quoted text>
The event was not by a "private person"
OK, who hosted it, smartie? C'mon. You can do it. Or are you making stuff up, again?
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Sep 16, 2009
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>OK, who hosted it, smartie? C'mon. You can do it. Or are you making stuff up, again?
Mr. and Mrs. Bo Peabody, Julia Bowen, Brad Svluga, Mr.and Mrs. George Kennedy, Mr. and Mrs. Brian Finnigan. They tell me a second invite went out with different names. In any event there are your names.
Put on the Dunce Hat

New Berlin, NY

#18 Sep 16, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. and Mrs. Bo Peabody, Julia Bowen, Brad Svluga, Mr.and Mrs. George Kennedy, Mr. and Mrs. Brian Finnigan. They tell me a second invite went out with different names. In any event there are your names.
So? What's your point? And who is "they"?
travis

Clockville, NY

#19 Sep 16, 2009
the faker wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are the elite of Williamstown's elite so interested in the North Adams Mayoral Campaign? Being just your average North Adams citizen, I think I'll keep my hand firmly affixed to my butt for a while.
the faker

Clifton Park, NY

#20 Sep 16, 2009
Put on the Dunce Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
So? What's your point? And who is "they"?
The point, no point. The guy asked for names and they were provided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peabody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make Schools Education Quality better, Share yo... (Aug '09) Mon Last soul 61
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Peabody (Dec '15) Sep 6 kerri m 66
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Aug '17 Choices 71
Salem commons in need of renovations Aug '17 Park patron 1
Saugus Hilltop development and Our Issues (Mar '17) Aug '17 G dog 25
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... Jul '17 Mariosucks 3
News Black Men at Greater Risk for Prostate Cancer: ... (Feb '17) Jul '17 T-BOS 10

Peabody Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peabody Mortgages