Since: Jul 07

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2007

A former Teen Challenge student exposes this abusive Christian alcohol and drug program. Although seen by many as a worthwhile organization, Teen Challenge has a dark side, one of pathological abuse and an obsession with the almighty dollar.

http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com
April Nett

Newport, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Teen Challenge Exposed wrote:
A former Teen Challenge student exposes this abusive Christian alcohol and drug program. Although seen by many as a worthwhile organization, Teen Challenge has a dark side, one of pathological abuse and an obsession with the almighty dollar.
http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com
Yeah, where's the rest of the story? A student says this but doesn't leave any additional info? And they were there for drugs and alcohol anyways,.... How much credibility is there to this "story"? Can any1 tell me?
April Nett

Newport, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Yeah, where's the rest of the story? A student says this but doesn't leave any additional info? And they were there for drugs and alcohol anyways,.... How much credibility is there to this "story"? Can any1 tell me?
rhonda

Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

I work in the field of substance abuse. I feel it is so wrong to have these women out on the streets to collect money for the organization. some women could of been on the streets selling there bodies to get drugs. I feel it is a trigger to have them out there and how it could effect there past.
David Negalha

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

Jesus Christ runs Teen-Challenge he spoke to me in brockton ma and my wife got saved in the womens home i am truly greatful for Teen-Challenge New England God used it to save my marriage.If your looking for evil just look into your heart not Teen- Challenge your heart is wicked so stop bashing Teen-Challenge because you had to wake up every day early and go to your ministry the whole truth about Teen-Challenge is they teach you to be a productive member of society by giving you rules and most important to develope a relationship with Jesus Christ which you dont have because Jesus says to not slander your brothers.
David Negalha

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

Hi April Net Tell your brother Peter i said hi
Dave

East Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

Went to Teen Challenge Boston for 15 months, program saved my life. Commenced 4-27-07 and haven't had a thought about using cocaine which had control of my life. That's the power of GOD!
Ron Benoit

West Warwick, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

April Nett wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, where's the rest of the story? A student says this but doesn't leave any additional info? And they were there for drugs and alcohol anyways,.... How much credibility is there to t his "story"? Can any1 tell me?
I commenced the teen challenge program, and yes their is alot of focus on the almighty dollar. I raised funds for teen c. and had a major problem with that aspect of the program. I personally believe that noone should receive a salary to spread the good news. non-profit program? not! Did Jesus get paid for His service here on earth? I think not! I also have a problem with the higharchy of the ass. of God church, which is t.c.'s doctrine. Jesus is the almighty yet He took the lowest possition. R. Hart and other (high ranking) authorities at t.c. are waited on hand and foot by the so called lower students. Let us see the pastors and higher authority wait on the residents and then we will see Jesus at t.c.
caitlyn Peterson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

I walked into tcp a few months ago. And honestly I hated every waking min. I walked out only after 3 weeks. Since I've been gone and back in my apartment things have gone from bad to worse. There are so many reasons I believe teen challenge is the only way. David N your wife is just one of the reasons. She is inspiration. I think about her and your family daily and my heart and head want what your wife has.... I've always been a Christian I was saved I am born again but I neverhad a personal intimate relationship with Jesus at least not the kind I see in your wife, the kind I now know is real. I see God's love when she speaks.
caitlyn Peterson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

I will be going back to tcp very soon. I know all things are possible with God. Its very hard for me to finish anything I start but I want to go back and finish teen challenge more than anything! I know teen challenge is a life changing program. I felt it while I was there even tho I was there only a few weeeks God is real and he does speak and it didn't take him long at all to tell Me this was where he wanted me. I'm just not a good listener LOL. Some people fall and. The get back up and get it...I on the other hand fall and fall and need reminders constantly. I learn the hard way. I never listen to others, but I'm ready now to gve it to the lord because I am not strong enough I know that He is strong and he will be there to show me the light. I get I am not on control, and I no longer want to be.
kitty

Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

I dont know where to start. My thoughts are a little diverced right now. I have not taken the program teen challenge. I am full of confidence that when the program was founded and birth by people who Loved God to make the sacrifices they made. All I can say my prayer is that I hope that it is still running that way. My brother sure could have used something like this, he was a drug user and he committed suicide leaving four children behind. Bless The heart that are out to continue what David Wilkerson founded.
Roxanne

Coventry, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

rhonda wrote:
I work in the field of substance abuse. I feel it is so wrong to have these women out on the streets to collect money for the organization. some women could of been on the streets selling there bodies to get drugs. I feel it is a trigger to have them out there and how it could effect there past.
Likewise, I work in the field of Adult Psychiatric Services, as well as, working with patients with a comorbidity of substance abuse. I am a professional in this field as well as a Christian. I find this statement to be erroneous because the success rate at teen challenge is 80% whereas other rehabilitation centers operate on a revolving door basis, where the patients cycle in checking themselves in and out of treatment repeatedly with little to no progress.

Based on what I've read about teen challenge, and spoken to people who have successfully completed the program, these people are forever changed and do not relapse based on two things: 1) a successfully operated rehab program and 2) the power of Jesus Christ. "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed." - John 8:36.
Jamie Casey

Taunton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

David Negalha wrote:
Hi April Net Tell your brother Peter i said hi
C'mon Somebody! Ask the person who "exposed" Teen Challenge what landed him there, where he is now, and how much success in leading a productive, Christ-centered life he's had since then. It's saved literally THOUSANDS of lives for over 50 years and I'm living proof of how God uses that ministry to do so!
Dina Watson

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 27

Teen Challenge is a LIGHT in a dark place.
lady c

Cumberland, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Aug 11

i believe in teen challenge. my son was in teen challenge and today he is drug free. and a different person, our family is grateful to have him in our lives again. I thank god every day for what he does in our lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pawtucket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
leah lorraine cuellar 21 hr someone 1
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) Aug 15 Lisa in LV 517
Is Martha's Vineyard big enough for both Barack... Aug 15 Mothra 15
Trying to convince my parents to move out of st... Aug 10 Help 2
R.I. Last State Still Marking V-J Day (Aug '06) Aug 10 usa 15
Down the Drain Part Two l Algot Abrahamson l Ta... (Jan '09) Jul 30 ASSOCIATEOFMR ABR... 13
Senator: Carry-on rule for musical instruments ... Jul 28 Le Jimbo 1

Search the Pawtucket Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Pawtucket Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pawtucket People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••