Review: Shampoochies Pet Grooming

Posted in the Pawtucket Forum

colon

Providence, RI

#1 Oct 28, 2009
i love shampoochies and tey have grea prices!!!!!!!!!i love the groom they gave mydo Candy and val are the best!!!!!
Amanda

Boston, MA

#2 Nov 2, 2009
I have taken both my dogs here a handful of times and the groomers have done a nice job with them. I feel safe leaving my babies with them. I like that they call me right away when the pups are done because I don't like them in cages and they are sensitive to the special needs of my "mature" pups. I also like that they are reasonably priced because it allows me to be able to get them groomed more often.
danielle

North Providence, RI

#3 Mar 28, 2014
Valerie is the owner and also the groomer. I have been going to her for 6 yrs. I gave her many business. I also had my family members bring there animals to her. After the years things changed, I went to her when she first moved to North Providence which was great because she was only down the street from where i live. But to make a long story short i will NEVER bring or give her business again! All she cares about is money. My Pomeranian is 12 yrs of age. he is old with arthritis. 2 yrs ago after she claims she was done grooming him she was getting him out of the cage and he lunged at he and bite her chest. she made a huge deal and showed me the marks which where 2 little teeth marks. i apologized up and down of course because he never bit her before after all the yrs of her grooming him. After that she still took him but asked me to stay so she could do him quick and push him out the door. Also she wanted me to drug him which i payed the vet to give me a nerve pill. Today 3-28-2014 i had an appointment i made 1 month ahead of time. i call her at 8am to confirm she tells me i don't know what time i can take him 1 2 3 4 or 5. she wants me to give him a nerve pill so it takes an hr to effect. well she said call at 1 i will let you know. so i did. then she says probably 4 i will call you give him the pill at 2 so i did. she calls at 340 tells me come in 20 minutes. im heading there she calls 5 minute later impatient i said i'm on my way. another few minutes pass another call she say is she up to date with rabies i said yes actually he was at the vet at 10am today. which let me ass the vet loved him and he was also getting his teeth checked and he let her open his mouth and all no problems or bites. she said OK.then few minutes later calls me says cant take him to late. i was furious i said OK and hung up. She made my whole day center around her for nothing i could not believe she did this to a long time paying customer. shows how much she cares. but also i took my Yorkie and cat and peekapoo to her all the time and the vet saw my peekapoos ear at the last physical a year ago and say her ear where disgusting and told me to switch grooms and that was at ocean state vet clinic. so i never took my other pets to her except for my Pomeranian because i felt he is old and she knew how to deal with him. but now i have been going to a new groomer in north providence called PETS 2 she is amazing caring and loves animals unlike val she is a hypocrite, What she did was unforgivable and no apologies from her. Please think twice before you go to her. if you do go to her check your pet see if there ears are clean and do an inspection. i love animals and i feel others should beware from my experience this could happen to you my aunt use to take her poodle there after finding out she did not clean the ears we started to wonder what else she was not doing. i think she did this today because she lost business with our other 4 dogs because we brought them to PETS 2 . Also i think she called Titan vet clinic to see if i was lying about taking my dog to get the rabies shot but i don't take my pets there any more after there misdiagnosis. so i go to east side vet clinic in east providence which is amazing.
danielle

North Providence, RI

#4 Mar 28, 2014
& if you want great prices i found PETS 2 in north providence. They are cheaper than shampoochies and they are amazing and right around the corner from them to located in centerdale in north providence. she doesn't care about money she dedicated her time to only 1 pet!
donna

Cranston, RI

#5 Friday Mar 20
I had a Bichon I took to Valerie and she treated him like her own. When he passed she sent me a card whiched touched me. I now have a Maltipoo and again she treats him wonderfully. I feel safe going there and know he will be well taken care of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pawtucket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kugel Mesh Settlements (Jul '11) Thu Mayme22 619
News New television series features farming in Rhode... Mar 25 Chris Izzo 2
News R.I. Last State Still Marking V-J Day (Aug '06) Jan '15 Scoop 16
slutiest snapchat users to follow Oct '14 Anonymous 1
Pawtucket's Matt Fecteau for Congress (May '14) May '14 Gary 1
News Pawtucket man tries to hit officer with car (Mar '14) Mar '14 Concerned in Pawt... 1
News Experts React to Rhode Island Pension Reform Ag... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Retired teacher 1
Pawtucket Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pawtucket People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]