Ball proposes law to fight illegal immigrant crime

Full story: Mid-Hudson News

Assemblyman Gregory Ball of Carmel is working on a bill in the Assembly that would allow state troopers to act as immigration officers while on duty.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jan 15, 2008
Kulturkampf

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

He said that taking away their rights is the first step, and it is up to those in office to take it.
I don't how much more loudly could anyone announce their legal suicide. Take away their rights...What a f*ck*ng moron.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Kulturkampf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't how much more loudly could anyone announce their legal suicide. Take away their rights...What a f*ck*ng moron.
You fail to quote this part:

“The first big step was defeating the governor’s plan to grant driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants and terrorists, and at the local level, we must do everything we can to enforce rental registration laws, traffic and housing violations, and begin enforcing the laws that are already on the books, and when politicians refuse to do that, hold them accountable.”

Those are the "rights" they refer to, and illegals already do NOT have the right to work, so enforcement of employers employing them removes whatever right they think they have. They have no business driving on our streets, etc.

We need to get them out. Criminals deserve nothing but punishment.

Don't you remember, in this country, criminals are stripped of most of their "rights" when they decide -- choose -- to become criminals. It should be no different for illegal aliens.

Since: Sep 07

Itta Bena, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Sounds a bit redundant since the inception of 287g.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
You fail to quote this part:
“The first big step was defeating the governor’s plan to grant driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants and terrorists, and at the local level, we must do everything we can to enforce rental registration laws, traffic and housing violations, and begin enforcing the laws that are already on the books, and when politicians refuse to do that, hold them accountable.”
Those are the "rights" they refer to, and illegals already do NOT have the right to work, so enforcement of employers employing them removes whatever right they think they have. They have no business driving on our streets, etc.
We need to get them out. Criminals deserve nothing but punishment.
Don't you remember, in this country, criminals are stripped of most of their "rights" when they decide -- choose -- to become criminals. It should be no different for illegal aliens.
The last paragraph says it all. The only rights illegals have is humane treatment back to whatever country!!!!!
We need our immigration laws inforced.

“You think it is ok, so what!”

Since: Jun 07

The freeway or the water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Watch and see KK.. the tide is rising.

Once the feds realized they could not get amnesty through without possibly setting off a revolution, the globalists determined to prove enforcement could not work by "beginning to apply it" so that the liberal mass media could begin the "trail of tears" parade of the "poor deportees".

I believe the globalists misjudged the will of the majority of Americans, and now will reap the rewards of that misjudgment.

Their vision of a one world ( with them in charge of course as the ruling elite) government and disappearing national borders was recognized by the middle class as the rich elite surrounded by low wage peasant labor scheme it has always been.

Each new phase of enforcement will create problems they will find the American people demanding they solve.

The fence was picked to be the symbol of the ridiculous, and instead it did what fences do, it stopped cross border flow.( yes the illegals simply went else where which re-enforced demand for more fence.)

The "employer enforcement" was supposed to prove too slow and costly, instead the massive size of the tax frauds have generated fines and settlements that show citizens watching from the side lines the source of income needed to fund more enforcement.

The mass media with their "they are fleeing" stories have reinforced the idea that employer enforcement both punishes the slave master by removing their ill gotten gains, and will cause many illegal alien workers to abandon their looting of American rather than find themselves imprisoned for their identity thefts and other crimes.

Watch and see... the worm is either going to continue to turn, or the existence of separate national identities is doomed to be replaced by the global government.

Yes some Americans see globalism is the wave of the future. But many do not.

The freeway or the water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Claire68 wrote:
Sounds a bit redundant since the inception of 287g.
It is a bill to allow state troopers to participate in 287g I believe. The article did not make that point but that is how I took it.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

the 48th ronin wrote:
Watch and see KK.. the tide is rising.
Once the feds realized they could not get amnesty through without possibly setting off a revolution, the globalists determined to prove enforcement could not work by "beginning to apply it" so that the liberal mass media could begin the "trail of tears" parade of the "poor deportees".
I believe the globalists misjudged the will of the majority of Americans, and now will reap the rewards of that misjudgment.
Their vision of a one world ( with them in charge of course as the ruling elite) government and disappearing national borders was recognized by the middle class as the rich elite surrounded by low wage peasant labor scheme it has always been.
Each new phase of enforcement will create problems they will find the American people demanding they solve.
The fence was picked to be the symbol of the ridiculous, and instead it did what fences do, it stopped cross border flow.( yes the illegals simply went else where which re-enforced demand for more fence.)
The "employer enforcement" was supposed to prove too slow and costly, instead the massive size of the tax frauds have generated fines and settlements that show citizens watching from the side lines the source of income needed to fund more enforcement.
The mass media with their "they are fleeing" stories have reinforced the idea that employer enforcement both punishes the slave master by removing their ill gotten gains, and will cause many illegal alien workers to abandon their looting of American rather than find themselves imprisoned for their identity thefts and other crimes.
Watch and see... the worm is either going to continue to turn, or the existence of separate national identities is doomed to be replaced by the global government.
Yes some Americans see globalism is the wave of the future. But many do not.
I love it all! It's slow coming, and slow moving now, but the pace is picking up and will continue to do so. Americans just aren't going to take it anymore, and more and more are being woken up and made aware of what is going on and, more importantly, how they (we) can help solve this crisis -- the invasion by illegals.

The freeway or the water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

I'M MAD A HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

LOL

Yes that line from a movie pretty much sums it up! The liberals are hoist in their own petard, they claimed compassion, they claimed moral superiority, and they created this mess.. Now they can't believe the American middle class finally understands what the their misguided thinking has created!

Real compassion would have created a working class paradise in the home country long ago, but the corporations WANT slaves not middle class workers with power to demand decent wages and benefits for their labor.
I wonder how the base of the Democratic party feels about their leaders these days?

The elections coming up should prove interesting!

Since: Sep 07

Itta Bena, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

I thought 287g included all law enforcement that wanted to participate. Learned something new today :)
the 48th ronin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a bill to allow state troopers to participate in 287g I believe. The article did not make that point but that is how I took it.

The freeway or the water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

I think it is an enabling legislation for NY I could be wrong.. over coming sanctuary takes changing laws.
carl mc neil

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

The Mexican War between the United States and Mexico began with a Mexican attack on American troops along the southern border of Texas on Apr. 25, 1846. Fighting ended when U.S. Gen. Winfield Scott occupied Mexico City on Sept. 14, 1847; a few months later a peace treaty was signed (Feb. 2, 1848) at Guadalupe Hidalgo. In addition to recognizing the U.S. annexation of Texas defeated Mexico ceded California and , New Mexico (including all the present-day states of the Southwest) to the United States.

http://www.lone-star.net/mall/texasinfo/mexic... ---------- The one recording I would LIKE to hear. For instructions in Spanish----Please go back to Mexico.

The freeway or the water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2007

carl mc neil wrote:
The Mexican War between the United States and Mexico began with a Mexican attack on American troops along the southern border of Texas on Apr. 25, 1846. Fighting ended when U.S. Gen. Winfield Scott occupied Mexico City on Sept. 14, 1847; a few months later a peace treaty was signed (Feb. 2, 1848) at Guadalupe Hidalgo. In addition to recognizing the U.S. annexation of Texas defeated Mexico ceded California and , New Mexico (including all the present-day states of the Southwest) to the United States.
http://www.lone-star.net/mall/texasinfo/mexic... ---------- The one recording I would LIKE to hear. For instructions in Spanish----Please go back to Mexico.
Your post has NOTHING to do with the discussion in this thread.. YOU are simply spamming the threads with this post.

Do you enjoy looking like a fool?

Since: Dec 07

Streamwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2007

ATTITUDE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

u all make me laugh!!!!! with u stupid comments look back and see.....
u think illegal alliens are taken over the USA?
WRONG!!!!! ALREADY DID!! LOOK AROUND AND SEE. i guess it's too late to fix this problem

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pawling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 12 hr Vote Zornow 6,408
Mahopac restaurateur Lani 'Ariano' Zaimi faces ... (Feb '14) Aug 15 Tony 4
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Aug 7 dew4794 673
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Aug 1 tbird Cat Controller 756
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 1 r u crazy 6,377
Debate: Obama-Economy - Poughquag, NY (Feb '12) Jul 29 Go Blue Forever 3
•••

Pawling News Video

•••
•••

Pawling Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pawling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE