Issac J. Bailey | Speak now or forever hold your peace if you support a Wal-Mart in Pawleys

Sep 21, 2012 Full story: Myrtle Beach Online

In 2005, I did not get why so many in the Pawleys Island community were upset at the possibility of a Lowes Home Improvement being built in the area.

Full Story
PmWatson

Florence, SC

#1 Sep 21, 2012
Walmart or eye sore... I' d rather see the eye sore! I can think of a whole lot of more usefull shops for that space. How about a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's or Fresh Fields - something more in keeping with the upscale area that Pawley's Island is and should remain.
awesome news

Pawleys Island, SC

#2 Sep 21, 2012
Its about time pawleys ialand got a nice store to shop at. Its means jobs, tax money for Georgetown county, and a local eye sore finally will be made right.
NIGHTSHIFT

Irmo, SC

#3 Sep 22, 2012
Pawleys has more Greyhem Gremlins than Murder Beach but what makes these people special or any different than any of the other Georgetown or Horry County towns whose slow minded drunken, brain dead political leadership is out of control? Now days politicians do what ever their little ego selves want to do while totally ignoring the wants of needs of those slow minded Gremlins that elected them in the first place. the saddest thing is that the Gremlins will then turn around and re-elect the same sell out leadership again and again. the people deserve the pitiful leadership that they have selected. lets call it Karma.
Why not Walmart?

Danielson, CT

#4 Nov 15, 2012
A hurricane like Sandy could hit here at anytime. What if half of the local business could not re-open? A big retailer like Walmart could re-open helping re-boost the economy with jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pawleys Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Immigration - Myrtle Beach, SC (May '10) 5 min Labor Camps 31
Bring back bike week (Sep '10) 3 hr RHODES 31
blackwomen 5 hr RHODES 36
cheap 12 hr texas ar 15 1
ncjail 14 hr HILARIOUS 2
aisian massage Sun NCJAIL 4
it was soo long Sun ilikenutz 1
•••
•••
•••