Slick roads blamed for deaths

Slick roads blamed for deaths

There are 2 comments on the The Shawnee News-Star story from Feb 1, 2007, titled Slick roads blamed for deaths. In it, The Shawnee News-Star reports that:

A winter storm dumped snow and freezing drizzle across the state Wednesday, icing roadways and leading to dozens of accidents, including three separate fatality crashes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Shawnee News-Star.

Kevin Gray

Pocola, OK

#1 Feb 13, 2007
my name is kevin gray
Ice Tea

United States

#2 Feb 14, 2007
I can't read that story because you have to register and blah blah, so much of the internet is going that way. I don't know the facts about your title, but I do know that this is the first year that I can remember that the highways in Hughes County were not salted, graveled when the last two ice storms hit. The laws were not responding to any wrecks untless there was an injury. The county has always dusted the roads in the past, and I am sure that helped and helped avoid some wrecks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pawhuska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Dawson Jan 7 Jilted Lover 4
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Jan 1 price 43
just looking for photos and info on my Dad... (Jul '17) Dec 27 chartroomgirl 7
Lonnie Joe Brown (Feb '17) Dec 19 Colton 8
Tulsa molesters (Mar '17) Dec 17 Maggie 2
Jack A Morrison (Mar '17) Dec '17 sharky 4
Voice of the Martyrs Scandal: What Really Happe... (Jul '16) Nov '17 SpiritualAbuseSan... 3

Pawhuska Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pawhuska Mortgages