Results From Tuesday's Elections

Results From Tuesday's Elections

There are 7 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Feb 10, 2009, titled Results From Tuesday's Elections. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Voters have their say in elections on Tuesday. A $20,000,000 construction bond for Union Public Schools was approved by voters 84%-16%. In the election for the Broken Arrow School Board, Archer Honea received ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

jeanne

United States

#1 Feb 10, 2009
way to go union voters! another bond victory for our kids and schools...
Nonsense

Newalla, OK

#2 Feb 11, 2009
And what about the race between Jeff Carter and Perry Newman for a seat on the Sperry School Board?
John Actually in Tulsa

Atlanta, GA

#3 Feb 11, 2009
I am amazed that the people have their heads in the sand. Times are tough and getting tougher and people are voting on more taxes. I just dont get it.
K Jones

Ashtabula, OH

#4 Feb 11, 2009
To "John Actually": Taxes are necessary. Just look at California, a state ordered by the courts to release THOUSANDS from their prison system because they are overcrowded. Citizens have to expect to pay for roads, prisons, schools, etc. School and municipal bond issues maintain the current level of taxation. They have a limit on their indebtedness, so it doesn't raise taxes. It just maintains the current level. I'm a retiree, but I value quality of life and am willing to pay for it.
John Actually in Tulsa

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 11, 2009
Yes, taxes are necessary, however it seems that the more we are taxed the less gets done. The schools have lots of money, it just needs to be spent wisely as does many other areas. Stop the pork and lets just get by for a few years.
Carol

United States

#6 Feb 11, 2009
I guess Sperry school board election does not matter. No results on it.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7 Feb 11, 2009
K Jones wrote:
To "John Actually": Taxes are necessary. Just look at California, a state ordered by the courts to release THOUSANDS from their prison system because they are overcrowded. Citizens have to expect to pay for roads, prisons, schools, etc. School and municipal bond issues maintain the current level of taxation. They have a limit on their indebtedness, so it doesn't raise taxes. It just maintains the current level. I'm a retiree, but I value quality of life and am willing to pay for it.
I think California's solution is to execute everyone on death row instead of letting criminals out. Solves both problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pawhuska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mediocre Music Makers Top State's Intriguing an... (Jun '08) 3 hr Reader 212
News 'Pioneer Woman,' Pass The Pen (Nov '09) May 19 WarForOil 7
Noblitt Computers in Bartlesville Apr '18 Rando 4
Andrea warner Apr '18 Rando 3
News Police Across Green Country Cracking Down On Dr... Apr '18 languagedisputes 1
News Strike Talks Gain Momentum Among Oklahoma Educa... Apr '18 Moochelle 31
Personal Testimony Regarding Volunteering Worki... Apr '18 BraveHeart 1

Pawhuska Jobs

Personal Finance

Pawhuska Mortgages