Osage County Prepares For Winter Storm

Osage County Prepares For Winter Storm

There are 8 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Mar 27, 2009, titled Osage County Prepares For Winter Storm. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Osage County is under a state of emergency. The Pawhuska Hometown Foods Store has been packed Friday as customers stock up as a spring snowstorm heads their way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

victor orozcor

Tulsa, OK

#2 Mar 27, 2009
is tulsa gonna be bad
Duh

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Mar 27, 2009
That's right stock up while you can! Your going to be snowed in for days!! Give me a break, use your heads people and look to the future. Its going to be 70 on Monday and snow we get tonight will be gone by then.
sandiv

Tulsa, OK

#4 Mar 27, 2009
To bad more people don't know that they can't drive in the winter mess.It would sure make things safer.

“Bring it on!”

Since: Mar 09

Margaritaville

#5 Mar 27, 2009
Duh wrote:
That's right stock up while you can! Your going to be snowed in for days!! Give me a break, use your heads people and look to the future. Its going to be 70 on Monday and snow we get tonight will be gone by then.
Have to agree with you there Duh. Bunch of Chicken Little's running around like the New Ice Age is upon us... Next week it will be Tornado Watches.
haha

United States

#6 Mar 27, 2009
victor orozcor wrote:
is tulsa gonna be bad
well the roads shouldn't be bad b/c the ground temps are warm. but it might look pretty on the yards and buildings. by sunday it's supposed to be 60 again, so it won't last. i do think next week will be a muddy mess...my dogs will love it!
SSDD

Bixby, OK

#8 Mar 27, 2009
I think some of these people "rush out to prepare" just to have something to squawk about.

Take a page from the LDS (Mormon) community and no, I'm not Mormon.

Where's your 1 years worth of food storage at? Where's your water storage? Backup power and communications? You should already have your firearms and plenty of ammo stored.

Get with the program folks. This is stuff you should have on hand anyway. It's got nothing to do with this snow storm, or a flood, or a tornado. It's got to do with self reliance and having the means to take care of yourself.

The government will not take care of you, YOU need to take care of you.
KAT

Nampa, ID

#9 Mar 28, 2009
victor orozcor wrote:
is tulsa gonna be bad
I don't think it's going to b BAD like other parts of the state and surrounding states. Just talked to a friend in Sand Springs and her son lives in Pratt, Kansas and 28 inches has already fallen with more to come,
KAT

Nampa, ID

#10 Mar 28, 2009
Duh wrote:
Hey there -- it's going to be 61 on Sunday!! lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pawhuska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lonnie Joe Brown (Feb '17) Dec 12 Bartlesville home 6
Jack A Morrison (Mar '17) Dec 8 sharky 4
Voice of the Martyrs Scandal: What Really Happe... (Jul '16) Nov 25 SpiritualAbuseSan... 3
just looking for photos and info on my Dad... Nov 22 I can help 5
Heather Dawson Nov 22 Jilted Lover 1
News Briefs for veterans Nov '17 Venator 1
News Oklahoma Group Wants To End Film Rebate Program... Nov '17 IMHO 4

Pawhuska Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pawhuska Mortgages