Thomas Dale - Tommy' Hazel

May 24, 2011 Full story: The Paducah Sun Online Edition

Thomas Dale "Tommy" Hazel, age 67 of Metropolis, Ill., passed away Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 5:05 a.m. at the Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, Ky.

Full Story
Haji

Carterville, IL

#1 May 24, 2011
I'm going to miss you my friend but I know where you are now and I will see you again some day. Brother David says"God is good" and it was always followed by a joyful shout of "Amen" from the middle section about half way back. We will all miss you Tommy.
Jim Parmer

Paducah, KY

#2 May 24, 2011
Tommy Hazel was the first friend I made when I started at Honeywell way back in 1995. He met me with a smile and told me that at 40 years old that I was not to old to learn and that he would help me in any way he could. This was just Tommy’s way. He loved to help people in any way he could no matter what the situation was in your life. If you were down he would bring you up with a joke or a smile. Tommy was a kind man with a big heart and a love for his fellow man and friends. Tommy my friend, you are with the lord now and watching over all of us. It was my good fortune to have known you and a privilege to have called you my friend. To Sandy and the family: Rejoice in knowing that Tommy is walking the streets of gold in heaven and singing the praises of Jesus. He will be greatly missed.
Deb Jennings Hillebrand

Rochelle, IL

#3 May 24, 2011
What wonderful comments about Tommy. After all the negative posts on here I am glad to see it used in a postive manner. My dad's brother was married to Tommy's sister, Josephine. I have known the family since I was a little girl. He and Sandy are the best. I tried to find info on the internet about services but wasn't able to. Even tried to find a website for the funeral home. I do hope his send off was a great tribute to the life he led. Sorry I missed it...Love to Sandy and the family. BTW this is the first time I have ever commented on topix.
Condolences to family

Paducah, KY

#4 May 24, 2011
Deb Jennings Hillebrand wrote:
What wonderful comments about Tommy. After all the negative posts on here I am glad to see it used in a postive manner. My dad's brother was married to Tommy's sister, Josephine. I have known the family since I was a little girl. He and Sandy are the best. I tried to find info on the internet about services but wasn't able to. Even tried to find a website for the funeral home. I do hope his send off was a great tribute to the life he led. Sorry I missed it...Love to Sandy and the family. BTW this is the first time I have ever commented on topix.
This is all that I could pull up, but it was from Monday:
Thomas Hazel
METROPOLIS, Ill.— Thomas D. Hazel, 67, of Metropolis died at 5:05 a.m. Sunday at Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah.
Arrangements were incomplete at Aikins-Farmer Funeral Home in Metropolis.
Read more: The Paducah Sun - Thomas Hazel
Dowhatsright

Paducah, KY

#5 May 25, 2011
I worked with Tommy on the railroad. He was a fine man and will be missed. My condolences for Sandy and the rest of the family. I never saw him without a smile on his face. God bless you Tommy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paw Paw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
buy drugs (Nov '13) Dec '14 debz85 3
Review: Maddie's Place (Jul '14) Jul '14 Diane 1
Game Warden (May '14) May '14 Larry 1
When is the next Town Wide Earlville garage sales? (Mar '06) Apr '14 Deb Boyd 8
This Small Town’s ‘City Cop’ is in Big Trouble (Jan '10) Jan '14 Bob J 8
Schoenholtz 75th wedding anniversary (Jun '12) Jun '12 Mary Fitzpatrick ... 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jan '11 chrispy 39
Paw Paw Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web